I haven't got a chance to use Blackberry myself, but I keep seeing people hate on it. I believe most of this to be because their going back to the old blackberry days in their memory.
    I heard a story about someone having trouble with voicemail and changing his message and started dissing bb10 or something.

Are any of these complaints really well worth looking at? BB10 looks pretty sweet to me, and I wish that people wouldn't just diss something because its not their iPhone or whatever.

*Mobile Equality*
    03-20-14 04:00 AM
    I haven't got a chance to use Blackberry myself, but I keep seeing people hate on it. I believe most of this to be because their going back to the old blackberry days in their memory.
    I heard a story about someone having trouble with voicemail and changing his message and started dissing bb10 or something.

Are any of these complaints really well worth looking at? BB10 looks pretty sweet to me, and I wish that people wouldn't just diss something because its not their iPhone or whatever.

*Mobile Equality*
    u wont know till u try right ? and in crackberry the avid user of Blackberry still going strong
    03-20-14 04:11 AM

*Mobile Equality*
    There shouldn't be any reason to "hate on" and diss any of the recent mobile platforms. None of them suck. BlackBerry 10 is a great platform and the devices are comparable to any others on the market regardless of what some may consider lack of super hardware specs, it's really not that necessary. All the BlackBerry 10 devices are well built and except for Q5, have expandable and port options many other devices lack. Most of the people that make up these pi$$ poor negative comments have had little to no experience with BlackBerry 10. Many have never even used an older BlackBerry for that matter.
    daithiD likes this.
    03-20-14 04:33 AM
    BlackBerry is great, and I think they've just been receiving bad press.
    It's a really amazing platform. Intuitive and smooth experience!

Join my channel "Mustard seed faith" @ C003C216D
    CDM76 likes this.
    03-20-14 05:17 AM

*Mobile Equality*
    It's out for you to find out. Try it first.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 05:54 AM
    All the BlackBerry 10 devices are well built and except for Q5, have expandable and port options many other devices lack. .
    The only port missing from the BlackBerry Q5 is the microHDMI port. The smartphone accepts the same microSD cards as the rest of the BlackBerry 10 family. The screen of the Q5 is superior to the Q10. Like the Q10 and Q30n the Q5 has FM radio. The only deficiency is the slippery back which can be remedied by a soft shell case.

Posted via the BlackBerry Q5 using CB10.
    03-20-14 06:02 AM
    Blackberry has done a good job with this new bb10 platform so I don't get why people still hate on blackberry. It's probably my favorite OS out of them.

Posted from my awesome Z30
    03-20-14 06:18 AM
    These BlackBerry 10 devices don't have any more or less issues than any other mobile platform. For those of us who prefer BlackBerry, we can just as easily talk about how crappy we believe Android or iOS to be.

Z10
    daithiD and Johberry like this.
    03-20-14 06:23 AM
    Blackberry has done a good job with this new bb10 platform so I don't get why people still hate on blackberry. It's probably my favorite OS out of them.

Posted from my awesome Z30
    becuase, people know nothing.
    -'Do you still pay heavy fee for BIS?'
    -'Does it still hangs?'
    -'Blackberry is closing off, don't you know?'
    honestly, i want to beat the sh*t out of them. But i choose not to. They actually deserve using a samsung, and not a Blackberry. Best they will do is, they'll give bb a bad name. And that's majority of mobile phone users i see, on daily basis.
    This is coming from a Legacy user.
    03-20-14 07:04 AM
    Because some people like living in the past and are stubborn about things. :P BB10 makes people happy.

Posted via CB10
    Johberry likes this.
    03-20-14 07:45 AM
    There are still plenty of things to improve in BB10, but very few people remember, that BB10 is one year old! Only one year. And it already received 5 (someone correct me on this, if I'm wrong) updates.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 08:12 AM
    BlackBerry 10,the best OS so far.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 08:37 AM
    If someone is having problems voice mail and changing messages, someone clearly needs to know how to use a phone or contact the service provider. Too bad smartphone for dummies don't exist or is it. Lol
    Give BB10 a try. Voice mail isn't really a feature that determines how good or bad a device is.

Sent from the best touch keyboard, the Z.
    03-20-14 08:39 AM

*Mobile Equality*
    So go and try it. Don't let any salesmen divert you away from BB10. Never heard about that voice mail issue.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-20-14 08:42 AM
    BB10 as an mobile OS is the best, what's lacking is the ecosystem.

Posted via CB10 with Z30 on 10.2.1.2141
    bspence87 likes this.
    03-20-14 08:43 AM
    BB10 as an mobile OS is the best, what's lacking is the ecosystem.

How are android apps on the Z30. Still some lag ?

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-20-14 08:48 AM
    No it isn't that bad. It needs some more function and options but it's quite good now. The only thing some may rag on is apps.
    03-20-14 08:54 AM
    What you say about a persons phone is what you say about that person. Its all gotten too personal. Where there should be joy in diversity, there is a dark competitive spirit. I was showing the time shift photography feature at a dinner party a few days ago to a new acquaintance, who was herself a professional photographer. We were having a nice time when a guy loudly interrupted with " Look, you don't have very many apps! That's why Blackberry is dead, you cant get any apps!" The point is he felt threatened that he may be missing out on something important because he didn't have a Blackberry. I should mention the professional photographer was his wife, who was quite impressed with the time shift photography feature. I dropped the whole matter, but throughout the evening he kept approaching me with comments about Blackberry stocks, management, market share etc. My only reply to all of that was " You know what pal? Im just glad I have the smartphone I chose for my own reasons. After all, Im the only one who is going to use it." As we were leaving his wife asked me to show her the time shift camera again. He buzzed right over just in time to hear her say that she would be getting a Blackberry soon. She laughed, I laughed, he didn't laugh.
    03-20-14 09:13 AM
    How are android apps on the Z30. Still some lag ?

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    Much better than Z10, but some still lags a little, which I chose not to use.

kbz1960 likes this.
    03-20-14 09:25 AM
    My ecosystem comment mainly came from my desire for a Siri like app in App world.

03-20-14 09:28 AM
    BlackBerry 10 is an awesome os. I was very wary myself. I read a lot of reviews and I was scared. But I took the plunge and I don't regret it one bit. You have to realize that most of the reviews of bb10 were from a guy who more than likely is an avid ios or Android user. They maybe get a few hours on a BlackBerry devise and they the give a review on it. I found the hub really confusing at first but after about a week you get used to it and I love it now. I also found with the reviews if it wasn't like android or ios it wasn't good, but if it was similar well then they were just copying. In my opinion BlackBerry never got a fare shake but that's just my opinion. Good luck. Love my bb10

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 09:33 AM
    The majority of people I've encountered who have negative things to say about Blackberry...don't know what the hell they're talking about.

I used to get upset probably because, like npunk42 pointed out, it can get too personal because a person's phone is...well, personal. I presume they've read some biased rubbish or heard this/that. It's surprising how people tend to believe what they read/see in the media. I've been a Blackberry user for a long time now with the exception of using an iToy for a year.

When I bought my Q10 a month ago, I had a ridiculous discussion with a family member who couldn't understand how I could go "backwards" in terms of technology. Stupid, I know. Was I pissed? Yes, but some people are stubborn and for some reason refuse to be told they are wrong and I had to remind myself this person is biased. My family member kept going on and on about the inferiority of its technology and that by her using an Apple product, claimed she was only following who has the "best" technology. I LAUGHED...HARD. When I started talking about security and email superiority of Blackberry...she was so antagonizing and kept saying "in the past" perhaps it did but not "now." She seriously thought that I was the one being delusional and kept asking what the hell had I been reading to even think such positive things about Blackberry.

See, it was like talking to a brick wall, so I ended the convo at that point. She is just one of the masses who have talked themselves into thinking that they use the "best" that's out there. Whatever, to me, iToy is a trend and an annoyance, but that is my opinion. To my family member, it is the greatest invention next to sliced bread. Point is, what is the "best" to one person is not to another. To each his own, right?

Posted via CB10
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    03-20-14 09:48 AM
    Phones are like sports teams. Some people root for the team, others are more vociferous. Let's be glad they don't sell beer at the ATT store!
    Johberry likes this.
    03-20-14 10:08 AM
    Try and find out urself

People on this forum won't give you a realistic accurate representation of what the bb10 experience is like

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 11:01 AM
    The majority of people I've encountered who have negative things to say about Blackberry...don't know what the hell they're talking about.

I used to get upset probably because, like npunk42 pointed out, it can get too personal because a person's phone is...well, personal. I presume they've read some biased rubbish or heard this/that. It's surprising how people tend to believe what they read/see in the media. I've been a Blackberry user for a long time now with the exception of using an iToy for a year.

When I bought my Q10 a month ago, I had a ridiculous discussion with a family member who couldn't understand how I could go "backwards" in terms of technology. Stupid, I know. Was I pissed? Yes, but some people are stubborn and for some reason refuse to be told they are wrong and I had to remind myself this person is biased. My family member kept going on and on about the inferiority of its technology and that by her using an Apple product, claimed she was only following who has the "best" technology. I LAUGHED...HARD. When I started talking about security and email superiority of Blackberry...she was so antagonizing and kept saying "in the past" perhaps it did but not "now." She seriously thought that I was the one being delusional and kept asking what the hell had I been reading to even think such positive things about Blackberry.

See, it was like talking to a brick wall, so I ended the convo at that point. She is just one of the masses who have talked themselves into thinking that they use the "best" that's out there. Whatever, to me, iToy is a trend and an annoyance, but that is my opinion. To my family member, it is the greatest invention next to sliced bread. Point is, what is the "best" to one person is not to another. To each his own, right?

Posted via CB10
    I'm afraid your post is also biased. Take hardware out of the equation, ios and bb10 run very smoothly in their respective specs. But it's about the user experience. The hub is brilliant. But I think android and ios have truly more exciting user experience, and are actually up to date with all their features mor e importantly. Look at how far ahead their other features are. Far beyond bb10. Bb10 is still playing catch up. So it's not that it's talking to a brick wall. Both platforms have their advantages. But ios and android have features that are just more appealing to the consumer as well as keeping them up to date.

As far as security goes, I hope one day blackberry users will stop milking this point. Most people don't care/ need it. I am a BlackBerry fan. First smartphone was an 8900 up to now. The z30. I have literally never used security as a reason I own. Blackberry. I think.most people won't either, but will still boast about it.

Btw, I wouldn't say it's going backwards getting bb10. But blackberry have so far to go to catch up to what ios and android have.

The messaging experience on a blackberry is definetely amazing though

Posted via CB10
    richardat likes this.
    03-20-14 11:10 AM
44 12