Can you provide a link to a tutorial to configure that. Seems like a neat feature.
    Here's the topic with the links:

Another reason why BlackBerry is best: Level 1 messaging

They're in post #5.

06-29-11 06:11 PM
    Well if you are amongst the "Hundred's of thousands of federal law enforcers" for whom security is not an issue, that can only mean that you are so low on the totem pole that your security clearance only allows you access to last week's news. That doesn't mean that those who are in senior positions can sacrifice security simply because a lowly beat constable who doesn't even know what his wife gave him for lunch doesn't need high security.
    A bus driver's security needs are not the same as those in high government or senior corporate executives.
    There are enough examples of corporate spying which can lead to loss of business. RIM guarantees wireless data to be secure. This has been tested by various independent agencies and found to be true.
    Your disdain towards security reflects that you are on the lowest level of security clearance. Not really a shining example for BB security.
    Dont assume where I sit on the ladder, you would be dead wrong and it shows your complete ignorance.
    06-29-11 07:34 PM
    I agree with the OP in that BB's should come out and be up with the times in technology. But I also think too much is made in tech specs in phones which offer almost no noticeable difference in how it is used and what it really does. Often the phones with the top tech specs are experimental and don't run right and have weak battery life.

I bought my Torch 9800 soon after its launch. It was behind on screen resolution, CPU speed, only had a 4Gig SD card, which paled in comparison to the newer phones of the time.

But the Torch had a my favorite form factor. It had the great trackpad and QWERTY keyboard BB's are known for and a good responsive touch screen too. It has a better battery life than the higher end tech spec crazy phones too.

Now, nearly a year later, my Torch is well behind in tech specs, further behind since phones continue to improve every day in tech specs. I will see people void contracts and pay a lot of money constantly upgrading phones to keep up.

Some people are just illogical. You sign up for a 2 or 3 year deal, your phone, even if cutting edge when you got it, will fall behind the curve over the time of your contract. So don't bother picking a phone on arbitrary tech specs, pick the phone that does what you want really well.

For me, the Torch is still the best phone out there for what I want in form factor, functionality, and practicality. Has the meat and potato apps I want without all the useless nonsense, it has a good battery, and it can do everything these other higher end phones can do like take pictures, web browse, play MP3's, etc. It cannot run flash sites though, but most flash sites don't run or look right on 3''-4'' screens any way, so its a small price to pay for a great phone...
    kbz1960 and larry5332 like this.
    06-29-11 07:37 PM
    wait ummm so why was my thread "Saying farewell to Blackberry forever" locked???

It didn't violate any forum rules, nor was it inflammatory, and I've been a forum member for almost 2 years, and purchased about 10 apps from this site

If blackberry cant stand up to simple comparing and contrasting with other phones then that in itself says a lot doesn't it?
    06-29-11 07:41 PM
    It was closed because there is already a thread for people who are going to other platforms.
    It's very visible. That's where your post should have gone.
    Your join date was Feb 2010 and since it's still 2011 your math may be off a bit when you say you've been a member for almost two years.
    All is understandable - you've only posted three times in those fourteen months so posting on the wrong thread is understandable.
    06-29-11 08:14 PM
    wait ummm so why was my thread "Saying farewell to Blackberry forever" locked???

It didn't violate any forum rules, nor was it inflammatory, and I've been a forum member for almost 2 years, and purchased about 10 apps from this site

If blackberry cant stand up to simple comparing and contrasting with other phones then that in itself says a lot doesn't it?
    I couldn't agree with you more. It seems like if anyone has anything bad to say the posts get closed and people get hostile. Get a life people, you can critique any phone, it doesn't get me mad. Another article today on BGR, again BB loosing ground. It's a daily article in every publication. They are headed for an sale thank god. I don't care how many times it's been said "BB is the new Palm".
    06-30-11 08:23 AM
    The only thing I see the op should've done different is post in the wrong place. Other than that I hope the gestapo isn't coming.
    06-30-11 08:47 AM
    Actually - your self professed rant was not simply a critique as your post required the profanity filter to censor out a cuss word. I wouldnt call that a critique - I'd call that ********.

And the reason members get jacked is because you constantly see people create an account just to complain or create an account a year ago - post twice in a year and then post a rant. Really - its not like its constructive criticism. You come to a BB fan site and expect not to get harassed when you post ridiculously critical complaints?
    Well to set the record straight, Ive been a BB user for many years, starting with the very first model. I have been a member of blackbery fourms for six or seven years.

I posted this rant if you read the original post more to complain about where rim has gone and how far they have fallen. I was very disappointed when I started to look elswhere for another platform. I was hoping rim would get it together now for the past 3 years but they have not. Its a matter of opinion if my compaint is ridiculous isnt it?

I dont think my complaint was ridiculous, I still hope rim finds its way but they dont seem to be doing a good job at it. If it works for you, great, but everybody has a right to complain. This forum is not just for positive thoughts.

I post here and read alot from here for information, thats what forums are for. If people get offended because someone rants about there device, dont take so personal, its not like we are sleeping with your wife.
    06-30-11 09:24 AM
    Executive from Rim says company is crumbling around him. This just proves my point further. Great honest letter.

Open letter to BlackBerry bosses: Senior RIM exec tells all as company crumbles around him
    06-30-11 12:45 PM
    My whole point for writing this original post was to express my disappointment in where Rim is headed. As I have said before I was the biggest BB fan from the start beginning with the first BB on the market. I stayed with Rim until 2008, then from then went back and forth from the iPhone to the BB 9700. My favorite BB ever was the 9000.

Dont take my disappointment the wrong way. I hope more than you can imagine that Rim turns it all around. I would love it if Rim could put out a phone that could stand on it's own instead of feeling like I'm working on a old texas instruments pc from the 80's. The 9900 was something I was hoping for in 2008 not late 2011.

In any event, even after the letter from the Rim employee came out, I now just think that both CEO's are just plain stubborn. When your company starts to fall apart from within, you have to start dealing with morale ASAP. The letter stating among many things that Rim has to start looking at what the end user wants nd needs, I couldn't agree more.

It's truly sad was has happened to Rim and contrary to what it sounds like, I truly hope they will bounce back sooner than later. I call it as I see it, I do hope I can carry a BB again and feel proud as I use to.
    07-01-11 08:38 AM
    I will give one warning on this thread.

Keep it on topic, cut out the personal attacks, and attempts at witty remarks.

Like we have said, you are able to talk about the ups and downs of RIM / BlackBerry, but if you are making senseless bashing comments, we are not going to have that.
    07-01-11 08:55 AM
    I will give one warning on this thread.

Keep it on topic, cut out the personal attacks, and attempts at witty remarks.

Like we have said, you are able to talk about the ups and downs of RIM / BlackBerry, but if you are making senseless bashing comments, we are not going to have that.
    Understood and agree.
    07-01-11 08:58 AM
    Yes supermods are here to save the day!

Thanks mods.
    07-01-11 09:02 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD