I think RIM should focus on pushing the Bold Touch out, and from there focus on making the BB OS7/6/5 work well with the tablet, and making the tablet their number 0 priority. Because essentially the QNX running the PB will eventually become the main OS the future Blackberry devices run on. So the more the tablet is successful, the brighter the future gets!

forget torch, forget style, keep it simple and under control.
    Maybe a Curve as a lower end cheaper version of the Bold Touch would be good.
    06-19-11 03:34 AM
    Are you kidding?

0 on the playbook and forget about other devices?
    That would not be a good move to move these devices to have no priority. Not everyone wants the bold touch... and only catering to those that do would not help the company out at all.
    Especially dropping the ball on the playbook, that would just be asking for more people to lose faith.
    06-19-11 03:44 AM
    Sorry I ment by 0 priority, top priority, higher than even 1 .

The majority of Blackberry users use the Bold form factor. I think they should stick with the Bold form till the QNX is fully ready to overtake the BBOS.
    06-19-11 05:12 AM
    how does giving it zero priority give it more priority?
    06-19-11 01:41 PM
    Maybe s/he means "zero in on" ...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-11 01:56 PM
    how does giving it zero priority give it more priority?
    Maybe the OP is a Linux user. A nice value of 0 has a higher priority than a nice value of 1. -20 is the highest niceness value.
    06-19-11 02:09 PM
    really is this not hard to understand...

its not RIMs #1 priority, they are saying it should be #0 priority which comes before #1
    rollingrock1988 likes this.
    06-19-11 02:20 PM
    Everyone's a smartphone industry genius...

I wish I knew how to program, cuz my Smartphone Tycoon game would #1... or #0... or something big...
    06-19-11 02:35 PM
    I wish I took CIT a year before, but now I would've had a free playbook from the developer incentive.
    06-19-11 04:22 PM
    QNX needs to be the priority otherwise RIM is doomed.
    06-19-11 05:14 PM
    Owning a Playbook, I have to say I luv the QNX OS. Sure it has had its bugs, but minor for me, it runs well, the multitasking is kewl, the layout, everything about it. Although I know phones generally aren't big enough to control things using the frame of the device like you can on the PB, but I sure do look forward to see how QNX is integrated into BB's.
    06-19-11 09:53 PM
    QNX has massive potential. As I have mentioned in various posts, QNX can be found in some of the most demanding environments (e.g. nuclear power plants, military tanks, jet fighters, enterprise-monitoring, etc).

If RIM executes QNX properly on the next-generation devices, without a doubt on my mind, they will come back in force and may even heavily threaten the other companies revenue stream.
    06-20-11 12:56 AM
    QNX has massive potential. As I have mentioned in various posts, QNX can be found in some of the most demanding environments (e.g. nuclear power plants, military tanks, jet fighters, enterprise-monitoring, etc).

If RIM executes QNX properly on the next-generation devices, without a doubt on my mind, they will come back in force and may even heavily threaten the other companies revenue stream.
    Yeah, it all depends on their execution and their ability to bring an improved app ecosystem to the fore because let's face it mobile users want apps. I personally don't care to much for them apart from some decent productivity apps but I know I am in the minority here.
    06-20-11 05:14 AM
    Yeah, it all depends on their execution and their ability to bring an improved app ecosystem to the fore because let's face it mobile users want apps. I personally don't care to much for them apart from some decent productivity apps but I know I am in the minority here.
    Same here, all I want is a few productivity apps and I'm the happiest bird around! But RIM seems to be trying to push away the thought that all that Blackberry is good for is work and no fun. I think I prefer it that way, work and no fun. For fun people have many other means of access to it!
    06-20-11 11:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD