I've posted another question regarding default font size and color, but I live a mile away from the apple store and forcing myself not to go for the iphone 5s as I'm starting to have a lot of problems with this phone.

Being a blackberry and iphone user since the beginning I switched from the iphone 5 to the q10. Love the new software, but I don't understand how will I be able to receive emails faster on my q10?!

BlackBerry 9900 was amazing to use in terms of receiving emails before I got the iphone 5. But now I'm just so annoyed by the fact that my phone receives emails so late, even though I have set the time interval to 5 minutes.

If a person sends me an email at 1:00pm, my phone shows the email time of 1:00pm but I'm notified at around 1:25pm. I've tried sending emails between my accounts, even then it takes about 10 minutes to show on my phone, whether I refresh manually or leave it at rest.

Is there a way I could receive emails faster? I've restored my phone using my computer by downloading the firmware again and I've done everything to make it faster.

Please help!

Thank you,
    Mohammed Saiyed

Posted via CB10
    01-13-14 09:26 AM
    I've posted another question regarding default font size and color, but I live a mile away from the apple store and forcing myself not to go for the iphone 5s as I'm starting to have a lot of problems with this phone.

Being a blackberry and iphone user since the beginning I switched from the iphone 5 to the q10. Love the new software, but I don't understand how will I be able to receive emails faster on my q10?!

BlackBerry 9900 was amazing to use in terms of receiving emails before I got the iphone 5. But now I'm just so annoyed by the fact that my phone receives emails so late, even though I have set the time interval to 5 minutes.

If a person sends me an email at 1:00pm, my phone shows the email time of 1:00pm but I'm notified at around 1:25pm. I've tried sending emails between my accounts, even then it takes about 10 minutes to show on my phone, whether I refresh manually or leave it at rest.

Is there a way I could receive emails faster? I've restored my phone using my computer by downloading the firmware again and I've done everything to make it faster.

Please help!

Thank you,
    Mohammed Saiyed

Posted via CB10

Hi there! Welcome to CB!!!

You won't receive them faster than EAS will allow. As you know, BIS is not on BB10. That said, I'm on Outlook (hotmail, really) and mail is received instantaneously on the iPhone, the Q10, and the SGIII. There is no lag.

Which leads me to my question....what's your email and how have you set it up?
    Attachment 238316
    01-13-14 12:13 PM
    I have my Hotmail and Yahoo account set up to the q10 for now. Yes, I did receive emails right away on my iphone 5 as well. S3 I had a bad experience in total so I got rid of it pretty soon.

But I guess BIS is what's holding it back as you've mentioned. If this problem isn't fixed, I'm not sure if it ever will, I will have to give this phone up soon.

For instance, today I received an email at 11:00am approximately, but the time of the actual email was 10:05am, even though I refreshed my HUB around 10:30am(manually).

And when I checked my desktop and logged into my yahoo mail, the time was 10:05am as well.

I'm still set to 5 minute sync intervals for both my emails.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-14 02:03 PM
    Can anyone advise wht app is used to open RTF files as. I can't open these files with my q10

Posted via CB10
    01-13-14 08:23 PM