I currently have an iPhone and i want to switch back to blackberry as i had the Bold 9900 before my current phone and i loved it but it had many problems, and now I was wondering if i should buy the q10 or wait until november for the classic. will it be worth the wait and is q10 worth it?? i am also in a $300 budget.
    09-28-14 07:54 PM
    I currently have an iPhone and i want to switch back to blackberry as i had the Bold 9900 before my current phone and i loved it but it had many problems, and now I was wondering if i should buy the q10 or wait until november for the classic. will it be worth the wait and is q10 worth it?? i am also in a $300 budget.
    I loved my Q10. Now that I have the Passport, I gave my Q10 to my step-daughter for her to use.

I don't know how much a Q10 costs now but it's a great device.

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport
    09-28-14 08:26 PM
    I'd wait. To see what the Classic is priced at. It shouldn't be much more than the Q10 because it is close to same internals.

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    09-28-14 08:33 PM
    I would wait. Then you can see whether or not the Classic looks good to you, and by then, the prices of the Q10 would be lower. Win-win...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    09-28-14 08:35 PM
    I'd wait. To see what the Classic is priced at. It shouldn't be much more than the Q10 because it is close to same internals.

I would wait. Then you can see whether or not the Classic looks good to you, and by then, the prices of the Q10 would be lower. Win-win...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Agree ^. Wait to see what the Classic will be.
    09-28-14 08:47 PM
    Wait. Lots of unknowns about the Classic that could make a huge difference in its features and characteristics.
    09-28-14 08:47 PM
    I am using Q10
    And I think it is better then classinc
    Because size shows real BlackBerry qwerty devices and classic is lenthy in size
    And tool belt is old fashion but Q10 looks new era device

The only one thing classic have more thenQ10 is screen size
    Classic has 3.5. But Q10 screen is 3.1

But I still preffer Q10 and I love my devic

Wana tell u u cant do 2 things oon BlackBerry 10qwerty mobile
    U cant wach videos and u cant play games because screen size
    And mobiles are realy tools not toys and I feel that

posted via Q10
    09-28-14 09:17 PM
    Wait ... Some Q10's have a double typing problem. The Classic will likely be $499 ( speculation).
    09-28-14 09:22 PM
    My Q10 was double typing but mobile is in warranty and BlackBerry gave new brand new pees
    I am setisfied with BlackBerry sercice
    But the take more then one month and change my device

posted via Q10
    09-28-14 11:31 PM
    Wait ... Some Q10's have a double typing problem. The Classic will likely be $499 ( speculation).
    That would be an insane price. I think given the Passport pricing, at least in the US, BlackBerry knows that the days of users and loyalists paying whatever is over. This device is made to get major business penetration and kill off BBOS ASAP. I think it will be priced aggressively and that is why it will have internals from phones released over two years ago.

09-29-14 06:27 AM
    I'd go with the classic if I was faced with that choice.

Powered by BlackBerry Z30
    09-29-14 06:31 AM
    I think that any Q10 that has a double typing issue should be fixed for free under an extended warranty. I can't understand why they even sell them.
    09-29-14 09:45 AM
    Classic is DEFINITELY worth the wait.

Only thing is, the Classic is above your $300 budget.

A Q10, if you can get for a low enough cost, in good enough condition will be worth checking out.

If you can spare another $100 by November - go for the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 10:15 AM
    I can only echo the advice given above -- best to wait. I have a Q10 and it's a great phone, but I recently started experiencing problems with the keyboard, e.g., I press "i" and receive two "k"s in return. I'm heading off to my Telus dealer now to have it repaired. The quote over the phone is $25.00, so it's not a huge expense. Would I buy another Q10 again? Absolutely !
    09-29-14 10:28 AM
    Classic: bigger screen + bigger battery + keyboard buttons(call,menu,trackpad) as the old BB. It will probably cost a bit more than a Q10.
    Q10: reliable and with the same specs (more or less) of the Classic. Smaller screen and no keyboard buttons. The battery is smaller but it still can make the whole day. Cheaper than the Classic when the Classic will be in stores.

I'd wait for the Classic if you will be able to spend around $400 (RUMORED price). If not the Q10 will not disappoint you. Or you can consider the Q5. WAY cheaper and with almost the same specs of both the Q10 and the classic( it lacks hdmi-out, it has 8GB internale (vs 16GB) even if it supports microsd).
    09-29-14 10:56 AM
    I can only echo the advice given above -- best to wait. I have a Q10 and it's a great phone, but I recently started experiencing problems with the keyboard, e.g., I press "i" and receive two "k"s in return. I'm heading off to my Telus dealer now to have it repaired. The quote over the phone is $25.00, so it's not a huge expense. Would I buy another Q10 again? Absolutely !
    Is your phone still under warranty ? Do you get a loaner ? If the second keyboard fails would you still buy a Q10 ?
    09-29-14 11:02 AM
    A friend just bought the Q10 as well. I think you can't be too wrong with that choice since the classic won't be much different. If the toolbelt is a must-have for you though, then of course go for the classic.
    09-29-14 11:02 AM
    The phone is out of warranty (purchased May 1st, 2013), but the technician was able to repair it whist I waited; it took about fifteen minutes and he charged me $25.00.

No questions, I'd buy it again. I like this little fella a lot.
    09-29-14 01:53 PM
    The phone is out of warranty (purchased May 1st, 2013), but the technician was able to repair it whist I waited; it took about fifteen minutes and he charged me $25.00.

No questions, I'd buy it again. I like this little fella a lot.
    Well Telus must be a good vendor, I can't recall any other carrier offering such a good repair price. I would be curious to know what other repair services charged including parts and labour.
    09-29-14 02:27 PM
    The technician charged me for a half-hour service call, and within twenty-minutes had my phone back in perfect working order. Very pleased that he could repair it on-site; previously, when I had an issue with the camera and the phone was still under warranty, they sent it back to a service centre and I was provided with a loaner.

He described the repair to me, but I confess I wasn't paying close attention. The key takeaway is that you shouldn't leave your phone in a hot vehicle, because the glue (?) that holds the membrane in place gets soft, things shift about and, with that, the contacts no longer align properly (my apologies if I've botched the explanation).
    Bbnivende likes this.
    09-29-14 03:34 PM
    The technician charged me for a half-hour service call, and within twenty-minutes had my phone back in perfect working order. Very pleased that he could repair it on-site; previously, when I had an issue with the camera and the phone was still under warranty, they sent it back to a service centre and I was provided with a loaner.

He described the repair to me, but I confess I wasn't paying close attention. The key takeaway is that you shouldn't leave your phone in a hot vehicle, because the glue (?) that holds the membrane in place gets soft, things shift about and, with that, the contacts no longer align properly (my apologies if I've botched the explanation).
    Again, why would you want to buy a new phone that has a known engineering defect. I do not understand why BlackBerry has not confronted this issue by either saying that they have corrected the problem or that they will provide an extended warranty.
    09-30-14 10:52 AM
    Love my Q10. It is a great phone. But with the Classic so close to release I would say you are better off waiting and going with that. I don't think the Classic is a huge upgrade for people who already have the Q10 but if you are in the market for a QWERTY phone seems better to just wait and go with the newer model. With that said even if price is a factor you should still wait because I suspect the price of the Q10 will drop even further when the Classic is released. That way you can weight your options and make the decision that best works for you.
    09-30-14 10:58 AM
    Again, why would you want to buy a new phone that has a known engineering defect. I do not understand why BlackBerry has not confronted this issue by either saying that they have corrected the problem or that they will provide an extended warranty.
    Although the phone hasn't been without its issues (most recently the keyboard and prior to this the camera), I'm still very happy with it, and I'd buy another one if I required an immediate replacement. If, however, there were no urgency, I'd go with the Classic as I miss the tool belt.

BTW, I have to head back to the dealer because in the process of fixing my keyboard I can no longer send or receive calls (the mike is no longer working).
    09-30-14 02:08 PM
    Although the phone hasn't been without its issues (most recently the keyboard and prior to this the camera), I'm still very happy with it, and I'd buy another one if I required an immediate replacement. If, however, there were no urgency, I'd go with the Classic as I miss the tool belt.

BTW, I have to head back to the dealer because in the process of fixing my keyboard I can no longer send or receive calls (the mike is no longer working).
    Good luck, you deserve a good phone. I hope the new Passport is more reliable. It should be considering how long it took to get to market.
    09-30-14 04:37 PM