Hi all,

My handset was due to be swapped this morning, so I attempted to Security Wipe my handset. However, this was not complete before the courier came so I pulled the battery on the handset and swapped the device.

I have Blackberry Protect, so I have also issued a remote wipe from here. The Blackberry Protect user guide "Delete all data from your lost device" page states: "If your device is turned off or not connected to the wireless network, BlackBerry Protect deletes your data the next time that your device is turned on or connected to the wireless network."- Sweet.

However, the Blackberry Protect portal itself, is now telling me my request is "Pending: this command will be delivered the next time your device is connected to a wireless network."

So my question is, at which point will the device be wiped? When it's next switched on, or only when it connects to a wireless network?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks,

Mark
    01-19-12 04:07 AM
    The BB has to be connected to a wireless network for this to work. So, the next time it connects to the network. I guess this means someone could access your data if the BB is deactivated, but is powered on. If you had a password on the device, this should protect your data.
    01-19-12 05:06 AM
    Unless the next person to turn that BB on is completely out of cellular range, the next time it is turned on will also be the next time it is connected to a wireless network.
    01-19-12 05:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD