Just wondering if my phone gets stolen and some puts another simcard in that hasn't got BIS or BES services, will blackberry protect still work?
    11-11-11 05:07 AM
    Just wondering if my phone gets stolen and some puts another simcard in that hasn't got BIS or BES services, will blackberry protect still work?
    I guess not. But the good thing about the BBOS 7 is that if you switch SIM cards on a phone then it will ask for the BBID. If you don't have the BBID the phone was associated with then the phone will have to be wiped before the person can do anything with it.
    So at least your personal data does not get compromised.
    11-11-11 08:04 AM
    Still won't stop people from finding a work around. I was curious cause I gave my Bold 9700 to my sister ti use and she is on prepaid (doesn't have BIS) and i wanted to see if Protect would work and wasn't able too.
    11-11-11 08:19 AM
    Yea,as I said it won't work. However in case your phone is stolen it can still be tracked via the IMIE number which is registered on the networks. Only thing is that the police in most countries do not think its worth their while to track down missing cell phones. I tend to agree with that view.
    As long as my data gets wiped, I will be ok and buy myself anew phone.
    With the OS 7 there is no workaround. If you swap your SIM, you will be asked to provide the BBID for that phone. If the SIM is not data enabled then you will mot have any option but to wipe the phone to go past the BBID stage
    11-11-11 01:34 PM
    Yeah when you call up to block your IMEI they can't do much really. Unless they sell the phone (phone is then blocked) and they are able to find the owner!
    11-11-11 04:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD