I have just got new blackberry 9360 curve on pay monthly contract from orange and I found out that my blackberry protect has been disabled because device memory encryption has been enabled and to enable the protection I have to turn encryption off. Is this the case with all blackberry 9360 curve hand set or is it specific to the mobile network?
    11-14-11 06:32 AM
    Likely it's a mobile network thing. I don't have the new curve so I can't tell. Asking your carrier might provide an answer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    OniBerry likes this.
    11-14-11 03:44 PM
    Agree with Root!!
    11-14-11 03:51 PM
    You cannot use BlackBerry Protect with smartphones that are activated on a BlackBerry Enterprise Server or
    smartphones that have memory encryption turned on.
    11-14-11 04:07 PM
    BB Protect is not compatible with any encrypted device, you have a choice, encrypt so it is unreadable, or use Protect and be able to remote wipe. It is also not available on BES devices, but Protect is pretty much redundant because BES provides the same critical functions.
    bbrocks123 likes this.
    11-14-11 07:47 PM
    I ran into the same dilemma. I decided that daily auto-backup via wireless sync; remote wipe; remote lock; and being able to locate my BB are more important than encrypting my device's data.

I don't have anything sensitive enough that a simple password lock wouldn't help
    bbrocks123 likes this.
    11-14-11 10:18 PM