I'm trying to use the blackberry protect feature on the web site but I always get the message that it could not retrieve the location information from the device. So I can't really track the device.

Using google maps and other gps apps is working fine, and the GPS feature is enable on the BB Protect app on the device. I also check the security for the BB Protect app in the device and it has all the services available.

Is the GPS feature only working for certain areas or countries? because I really don't know why other apps works ok getting the device location and the bb protect doen't work.
    08-15-11 01:34 PM
    Have you tried removing it, rebooting, then reinstalling it? Tried a battery pull? Any other GPS apps that might also be using/locking it from BB protect?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-11 01:52 PM
    Yes I have reinstall it, reboot, pull the battery out and in. Other apps that uses gps feature I remove it from my BB and only use google maps.

Also I disable google map to see if it was interfering with the BB Protect app. But also didn't work. That's why I wondered if this feature is only avalable on several places from BB.

I'm in the Dominican Republic, but it's strange that other apps that access the gps location feature from my BB are working correctly and showing correct data and not getting any information from the BB Protect app.
    08-15-11 02:53 PM
    Sounds like you have narrowed down the problem to be the app.

I have an HTC EVO 3D and HTC has a new beta app that allows us to track it with GPS, send SMS message, or activate a siren sound. Problem is it never works. I have tested it several times. Its not a problem with the phone. Its a problem with their software.

My guess is you are experiencing the same problem.
    08-16-11 10:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD