Even though they are going with android, since this device won't sell good either this will be the first and last android phone BB will ever create.

I guess it is for the best so we can finish with this and move on at last.
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    09-27-15 03:38 AM
    Even though they are going with android, since this device won't sell good either this will be the first and last android phone BB will ever create.

You might be surprised, I think they might have a winner with the Priv. Pricing will be the key, I am hoping it's between $549 and $649 and I am all in.
    09-27-15 03:55 AM
    You might be surprised, I think they might have a winner with the Priv. Pricing will be the key, I am hoping it's between $549 and $649 and I am all in.
    I don't see any reason for someone (even if they somehow like android?) to get a BB android. Just pointless from all perspectives. Even at the price point you are writing.
    acovey and beamolite like this.
    09-27-15 04:03 AM
    I don't see any reason for someone (even if they somehow like android?) to get a BB android. Just pointless from all perspectives. Even at the price point you are writing.
    I for one will buy three of them if the price point is good. I know a lot of folks who would give Blackberry another chance with an Android based device because they could now have the apps they require and full google services.
    09-27-15 04:06 AM

Lots of speculation for a two sentence topic.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-15 04:15 AM
    The reactions regarding the Priv are surprisingly positive, just read comments on websites and blogs. People like the design, some people actually waited for an Android device sporting a physical keyboard, the hardware is competitive with the rest of the Android field, it even sports a microSD-slot - something which several competing devices don't offer.
    Last but not least there are older BlackBerry fans who switched because BB10 didn't deliver a large app catalogue, it does now with the Priv.
    Besides why it wouldn't make sense to buy an Android phone made by BlackBerry? On the contrary why it makes sense to buy one from HTC, Huawei or OnePlus?

Posted via CB10
    09-27-15 04:23 AM
    You have to look at the positive aspects. I think its pretty amazing that BlackBerry was able to make android secure. Good for them

Beproud
    09-27-15 05:25 AM
    You have to look at the positive aspects. I think its pretty amazing that BlackBerry was able to make android secure. Good for them

Beproud
    LoL.. Sure they did..
    JeepBB, dolco, acovey and 5 others like this.
    09-27-15 05:47 AM
    Still more potential than another BB10 device.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-15 05:52 AM
    I don't see any reason for someone (even if they somehow like android?) to get a BB android.
    "Somehow". Do some research dude, look up Android's market share. And if you want to get an idea of the reactions on the Priv amongst potential buyers who are not BlackBerry users, go to any Android site and read the comments. Perhaps you'll see their reasons and realize the concept of different opinions. Chen isn't aiming on current BlackBerry users, he wants to sell more phones and this is probably his best chance.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-15 05:56 AM
    First from all Android device in the world which are very safe is #Priv
    09-27-15 06:53 AM
    Just because people are talking about it doesn't mean they'll buy it. It will be interesting to see how it plays out. Only time will tell.
    09-27-15 07:04 AM
    "Somehow". Do some research dude, look up Android's market share. And if you want to get an idea of the reactions on the Priv amongst potential buyers who are not BlackBerry users, go to any Android site and read the comments. Perhaps you'll see their reasons and realize the concept of different opinions. Chen isn't aiming on current BlackBerry users, he wants to sell more phones and this is probably his best chance.

Posted via CB10
    I'm with the OP and don't consider your point to be valid in the long run. But time will tell of course. I think it's safe to say that Android user have gotten used to touch screens by now. The uncertain EOL status turns away a lot of potential BB10 costumers (fans of the OS not the company like me) Given that most people probably don't want a slider and are all aquinted with all touch by now. Costumers will not pay an extra premium for this device.

I've said this many a times before but in terms of battery life the Z30 and the PassPort were fantastic devices. With the slider when it comes out Blackberry is at best on pair with other android devices in reality lower speced.

It's cool that they're aming for a premium device and fanboys of the company will cheer that but in reality it won't sell. (I think but this is close to wearing a tinfoil hat that the Priv will be delayed and can't be delivered at large quantities hence the stupid name so only die-hard fan boys will jump in).

Like so many others I was willing to go niche if it had been BB10 but now there's better full touch alternatives. You need to realise that by going into the Droid market you also expose yourself to fierce competition. And I can get a better full touch handset at either 5.2 or 5.7" The demo from Chen showed that they didn't have much to show. It looked cool but didn't really have the gestures or costumized UI. BlackBerry will need to set this up when 6.0 arrives and we all know the speed they're working at. The Priv will for the masses be a huge flop. It's not enough to enter the largest market you also need to be able to compete and give the vast majority of costumers something competitive that they want. BlackBerry can't deliver on that front and the simple move of going droid won't be their savior.
    09-27-15 07:32 AM

Priv will be a instant hit in the market. Chen has now pedal to the metal and balls to the walls.
    I am for Priv like many other loyal BlackBerry fans and results will speak for the device.

 Passport SE propelled by 10.3.2.2639
    09-27-15 07:37 AM
    Priv will be a instant hit in the market. Chen has now pedal to the metal and balls to the walls.
    I am for Priv like many other loyal BlackBerry fans and results will speak for the device.

Many "Loyal" BB fans do not agree with going droid. But w/e. Good luck with this, you'll need it.
    acovey, chrisro and Bluenoser63 like this.
    09-27-15 07:39 AM
    I agree 100%. Pricing will be what makes or breaks this handset. I'm thinking $600. But I have a feeling they will price it at $750. We shall see.

Posted via  Passport Silver Edition
    09-27-15 07:47 AM

It doesn't matter that you and loyal fans will buy it, you would buy a piece of wood if Blackberry sold it. That's why BB10 has failed and they are trying Android. What matters is if others buy it and your comment that it will be an "instant hit in the market" has yet to be seen.
    09-27-15 08:05 AM
    It doesn't matter that you and loyal fans will buy it, you would buy a piece of wood if Blackberry sold it. That's why BB10 has failed and they are trying Android. What matters is if others buy it and your comment that it will be an "instant hit in the market" has yet to be seen.
    And BB10 need big change? Right!
    09-27-15 08:26 AM
    I agree that I Think the device will do well. But I doubt they'll sell it in that price range. It's got great specs and it's gonna be an expensive buy.

 BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion 
    09-27-15 08:28 AM
    And BB10 need big change? Right!
    Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean.
    09-27-15 08:36 AM
    Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean.
    Maybe someday you will be convinced.
    09-27-15 08:39 AM
    The reactions regarding the Priv are surprisingly positive, just read comments on websites and blogs. People like the design, some people actually waited for an Android device sporting a physical keyboard, the hardware is competitive with the rest of the Android field, it even sports a microSD-slot - something which several competing devices don't offer.
    Last but not least there are older BlackBerry fans who switched because BB10 didn't deliver a large app catalogue, it does now with the Priv.
    Besides why it wouldn't make sense to buy an Android phone made by BlackBerry? On the contrary why it makes sense to buy one from HTC, Huawei or OnePlus?

Posted via CB10
    Plus, there are some people who will feel good about using a phone that is different from the rest. And there will be some people who fall for the privacy/security features that the Priv will offer.

Posted via CB10
    neoberry99 likes this.
    09-27-15 08:39 AM
    I think the Priv will surprise many with how well it sells. I don't think you can discount how many former BlackBerry users went to the android platform due to lack of apps

Posted via CB10
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    09-27-15 08:46 AM
    This reminds me of the excitement about the Palm Pre slider with its unique river rock shape. People wanted to try it and hold the slider. It won best of show at CES 2009. It was given a full flagship launch by Sprint. Most people in technology have owned a Palm PDA over the years. WebOS was even considered to be the "hands down" best user interface. It wasn't enough.
    09-27-15 08:53 AM
    Maybe someday you will be convinced.
    Convinced of what? BB10 has not produced a product to help bring BlackBerry back to relevance. Now they have turned to Android as a last hope. All we can do is wait to see if it's successful. Guessing doesn't make anything real.
    09-27-15 08:56 AM
172 123 ...