One of the reasons why BlackBerry here in Philippines are so rear and authorized reseller are next to none is the prize of their handsets except the DTEK50. I know their build quality are good and the reputation they have but people here are so into specs and they are willing to buy poor quality phones just to have the specs they want. I know people who want to buy BlackBerry but hesitant coz of the price considering they can buy other phones with better specs at a lesser price.

Z10 
    09-07-16 10:17 AM
    Blackberry was never a consumer phone,it was always meant for the niche i.e governments,professionals, intelligence agencies and many others who want security. Though they've been struggling from the past 6 years somehow they have maintained that niche due to which their hardware business is still afloat if not profitable. But with their move to android it looks like they've learned a bit about the consumer market n how the price n specs are everything here n dtek50 is their first step into right direction. Maybe the brand name is tarnished but it's still a privilege to hold a blackberry n they were never cheap. There's a reason why branded clothes like my favourite FCUK are expensive because if not,what would be the difference between ordinary ones n brands. Price conscious people will never look for a blackberry. There r enough $100-150 phones out there to meet their demands.

Posted via CB10
    archieAPC Z10 likes this.
    09-07-16 10:38 AM
    In my work, I'm the only one who uses BlackBerry and when someone see my phone they all have the same reaction "what phone is that???", it's like they're so suprised to see a BlackBerry device again coz by the look of their faces they all thought that BlackBerry is long extinct already hahaha!

Z10 
    09-08-16 11:19 AM
    Sad but true..... Although I was surprised to see the price of the DTEK50 at 13,500..

Posted via CB10
    09-08-16 07:14 PM
    In my work, I'm the only one who uses BlackBerry and when someone see my phone they all have the same reaction "what phone is that???", it's like they're so suprised to see a BlackBerry device again coz by the look of their faces they all thought that BlackBerry is long extinct already hahaha!

Z10 
    True, before switching to a Galaxy J7. Everybody in my office were surprised that someone still used a Blackberry. Lol! I really hope the DTEK50 can penetrate the consumer market given its price point.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-09-16 03:19 AM
    Sad but true..... Although I was surprised to see the price of the DTEK50 at 13,500..

Posted via CB10
    Really??? 13,500 pesos only???

Z10 
    09-09-16 10:27 AM
    True, before switching to a Galaxy J7. Everybody in my office were surprised that someone still used a Blackberry. Lol! I really hope the DTEK50 can penetrate the consumer market given its price point.

Same here, really hoping that the DTEK50 will be that good as what they say on advertisements. There's a difference when you hold already the device and testing it out and just seeing review videos.

Z10 
    09-09-16 10:31 AM
    I've been using BB since 2010 - Bold-Z10-Passport. BlackBerry devices are unique in the sense that people would often ask, "what phone is that"? When you look at all other brand of smartphones nowadays, you may no longer distinguish an expensive unit from a cheap one. They all have similar designs, looks and appearance. That makes BlackBerry set apart from the rest.

Pasaporte Pinas
    09-09-16 08:56 PM
    I've been with Android since 2011, particularly the Galaxy S and Note series. Great phones. But I couldn't stay from the blackberries after trying out the 9900 for work. Also got a 9220 for a secondary phone for plain text and phone calls. Nifty cheap device.

Then got a Q10 back in 2013 and stayed with it for a couple of months until the dreaded double typing disease plagued it. With a heavy heart, I ditched it. The typing experience on an actual pkb was just something I couldn't easily forget. Fast forward to earlier this year and bought a brand new Q10 again after the double typing issue was finally resolved earlier this year via a software patch. Works flawlessly. Superb for rapid replies to email where I can't afford typos.

Just the other week, decided to take the plunge and finally get the Priv after almost a year of ogling. Price was a little over half of what it used to cost at intro here last year, so I just had to get it. The Priv for me is superb - hybrid of Android goodness and the superlative pkb experience on a modern smartphone. Sure, the Q10 keys are more comfortable, but the pkb on the Priv, I'd say, is 90% as good anyway. Couldn't be happier.

10-02-16 12:54 AM
    I still remember the days when I was looking for my first BlackBerry phone. Then I stumbled upon an ad on a newspaper about the Bold 9900 costing more or less 30,000. Now, you can even get a decent 2nd hand 9900 with no issues aside from the usual scratches, for only 2,000. Anyway, my biggest disappointment was probably the Z10. I purchased it immediately after release for about 33,000. A very steep price. But I was hopeful. Until it was plague with battery problems; drains fast, battery indicator issues, etc. I was so disappointed that I had to get a Z30 just to get away with battery problems. It was a better purchase. What's funny is it only costs about 25,000. When apps began pulling out and decided they won't release any updates for their BlackBerry 10 apps, that's when I decided that it's time to move on. Now I'm using a Galaxy S7 and I couldn't be happier. Some said why I didn't gave Priv a chance. Well since I'm more wiser now, price-wise and spec-wise, the Priv is uneconomical, and specs won't even match other Android manufacturer's flagships.
    10-03-16 12:58 AM
    I still remember the days when I was looking for my first BlackBerry phone. Then I stumbled upon an ad on a newspaper about the Bold 9900 costing more or less 30,000. Now, you can even get a decent 2nd hand 9900 with no issues aside from the usual scratches, for only 2,000. Anyway, my biggest disappointment was probably the Z10. I purchased it immediately after release for about 33,000. A very steep price. But I was hopeful. Until it was plague with battery problems; drains fast, battery indicator issues, etc. I was so disappointed that I had to get a Z30 just to get away with battery problems. It was a better purchase. What's funny is it only costs about 25,000. When apps began pulling out and decided they won't release any updates for their BlackBerry 10 apps, that's when I decided that it's time to move on. Now I'm using a Galaxy S7 and I couldn't be happier. Some said why I didn't gave Priv a chance. Well since I'm more wiser now, price-wise and spec-wise, the Priv is uneconomical, and specs won't even match other Android manufacturer's flagships.
    Sorry to hear about your experience. Blackberries historically demand a high tuition fee for every new model release. This is why I would always resist the temptation and I always stayed away until almost a year after a model is launched. The Priv started here at Php45,000 at launch late last year. I just couldn't justify that steep price. These days, you can snap one for a little more than half that price.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-16 04:10 AM
    Good thing you've passed on getting priv. I bought mine 3 weeks ago got the "sim error" a week ago until now no fix is available. This is the biggest mistake I've done. I am now using my z30 again. And my priv is now a toy for my nephews. This might be my last BlackBerry device gonna switch to other brand

10-12-16 06:31 AM
    Thanks for sharing, though your experience is highly unsettling. I'm on my fourth week with my Priv on Globe and so far everything is flawless. I suppose you tried another SIM card? Pretty expensive toy for the kids....

10-12-16 06:40 AM
    My sim is working both in my 2 Z10 and Z30. I also tried using other sim and still the device doesn't recognize the simcard

10-13-16 07:40 AM
    Saw the DTEK50 already and it's pretty cool by design plus it cost about Php15,000.00. Since it is an Android phone, I think it will be a good phone given the chance hehe. But still there are no emojis in their famous keyboard.

Z10 
    10-22-16 09:18 AM