03-22-11 06:23 PM
72 123
tools
    I'm pretty sure that story is completely fake. You could get that guy fired if that was actually a true story.

As for Apple stores being creepy... I'll admit there is an excessive amount of white in there, but a bunch of phones and computers laying around to be played with is no different than a Best Buy or a cell phone store.
    03-20-11 06:36 PM
    Sorry, but if you went into an Apple store with a t-shirt saying "Apple products suck and all users should be hanged" then I could understand the attitude, but from what I've heard, and from the Apple Reseller Stores I've been in, it's always been friendly, helpful, etc, I walked into an Apple Reseller with a Nokia, even though the iPhone was on 3G, no prejudice towards me. The guy even SAW the Nokia.
    03-20-11 07:53 PM
    This is one of the stupidest threads I have ever read, I swear to god.

The only thing funnier is the people calling an Apple store creepy, or cultlike - all while acting like they have had one too many sips of the Blackberry koolaid. Pot meet kettle and all that.

I have been in a tonne of Apple stores, with BB's, Androids and a Palm Pre in my hand. I own multiple Apple products, like I owned multiple RIM products at the same time. Never once have I ever experienced anything but helpful and friendly staff.

And I'm sorry but calling a store creepy is pretty OTT.

Sorry, I call B.S. on the OP. I think it's a total fabrication posted solely to trash Apple and Apple users.
    howarmat likes this.
    03-20-11 08:50 PM
    I am betting his Boss would not be pleased.That is just poor business all around.

I own many,many Apple products AND a BB and I dare any Apple Employee to try that with me.
    03-21-11 12:56 AM
    To all of those who say this thread is fake:

Don't be so quick to assume. As a Mac user since 2006, and someone who frequents Apple Stores, I can say that while I've never had an experience like this before, It wouldn't surprise me if other's have, Ask me about any Apple Store in the Phoenix Area, and I can highlight a retail employee who's lacking in their skills and courtesy to customers.

And while the "you should've asked for the manager" argument is valid, Apple Store managers are not always so easy to get a hold of, they're often in the back dealing with other things, and while it wouldn't be impossible to get a hold of one, when you have an employee who isn't looking to be on your (the consumer) side, asking for the manager could flare into a bigger confrontation, which could end up very poorly for all involved.

I'm not making any statements in regards to if I feel this story is true, that is for you lot, the community, to decide for yourselves, but I will stand as someone with a lot of Apple Retail experience and say that no one should be too quick to rule it out.

I agree with what a lot of people have said here, We really should all just get along, I'm coming back to BlackBerry after a few months with an iPhone 4, because while the iPhone 4 is nice for time killing, nice looking apps and light messaging, it cannot and will likely never beat the iPhone regardless what revision it stands when this post is being read, when it comes to rapid, hardcore messaging, and quite frankly, when it comes to pushing the bullsh** aside and getting shi* done in life, Android doesn't beat it, the iPhone doesn't beat it, WebOS doesn't beat it and Windows Phone 7 is lightyears away, however for some, those platforms are more than enough for what they're looking for from a mobile device, and the people who have left BlackBerry for those platforms which better suit their needs will be very happy, and to them, more power to you. However there are a lot of people in this world in which a BlackBerry, is the best fit for them, and that's what's matters, and we really should just all calm down and get along.
    03-21-11 03:37 AM
    Nah. It's a tall tale.
    03-21-11 05:52 AM
    Well I had an android owning friend look down at my 9700 once and said "have you ever considered buying a smartphome?" Cheeky ****e!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-21-11 06:01 AM
    Now please do mind your manners in your next post. Vailed insults are still insults.
    Okay then. I think you're lying through your teeth, and trolling to start a flame war. That is all.

I haven't ever seen an Employee in a tech store do anything like that. The whole point is to get people on other platforms to switch, telling them to go elsewhere because they own a WinMo/BB/whatever just seems a bit too ridiculously stupid to take seriously or even believe.

Your story lacks logic. Even the most retardedly fanboy salesperson wouldn't behave in such a ridiculous way. You act like Apple Stores don't see people with practically every other type of phone walk in every day to look at their devices. You seriously want us to think that employee simply tells those people to leave because they have Blackberries/WM/WP7/Android device?

I bet the Microsoft Stores are telling people to leave because they have iPhones or iPads, too?

Excuse me while I laugh a bit.

It's not an insult... It's more of a plea for you to "get real."

Furthermore, Blackberries are such umbiquitous business devices that most techsavvy people cannot (and don't) immediately assume that someone's blackberry is actually their personal phone as opposed to a work-mandated device for BES/Exchange access.
    Last edited by N8ter; 03-21-11 at 06:21 AM.
    03-21-11 06:14 AM
    I have walked into my local Apple store many times with my BB and I can't say I was treated differently. Of course if this happened to me I would march to the store manager... those "bots" are often too busy to be so fussy.

-Rich
    03-21-11 09:05 AM
    As he hands me the ipad i put my cellphone down on the table next to me and proceed to play with the playbook.
    Here's why he knew you weren't going to be getting the iPad, you were too busy playing on your PlayBook!
    03-21-11 10:51 AM
    What store was this at?
    The reason I ask is EVERY Apple Store I have been in they have iPads and pretty much everything out on display and set up so people can get hands on time with them,so I'm wondering what store it is that an Employee would have to go to the back and get an iPad to show the OP?
    03-21-11 03:09 PM
    What store was this at?
    The reason I ask is EVERY Apple Store I have been in they have iPads and pretty much everything out on display and set up so people can get hands on time with them,so I'm wondering what store it is that an Employee would have to go to the back and get an iPad to show the OP?
    Pretty sure that this story is bogus. The op seems to have dismissed themselves from this thread.

03-21-11 03:17 PM
    I've owned several apple products. My favorite is cider, although pie is pretty darn good, too. I didn't know they had specialty stores for them. I usually just head down to the farmer's market.
    03-21-11 04:36 PM
    I've owned several apple products. My favorite is cider, although pie is pretty darn good, too. I didn't know they had specialty stores for them. I usually just head down to the farmer's market.
    You know, that's a good point. Fresh apples are best and when you can help support a local business, everybody wins.

03-21-11 05:33 PM
    That gave me a nice chuckle!
    03-21-11 08:59 PM
    I work at BestBuy Canada and our Apple rep is NOT happy with me using a BlackBerry to communicate with my Manager. My Manager was convinced by Apple rep to use an iPhone 4 for work and my manager used it for three weeks and went back to BlackBerry.

So.... you may be telling to truth.
    03-21-11 09:54 PM
    Can I used this for my forum signature???? Pleeease???
    03-21-11 09:55 PM
    Can I used this for my forum signature???? Pleeease???
    Sorry but this one's going up for auction on eBay, he's not letting go of it that easy!
    03-21-11 10:01 PM
    Almost the exact same thing happened to me except...when I went to grab my torch out of my pocket to reply to a text my pants fell down and the apple employee saw my....unit then asked me to leave

03-21-11 10:32 PM
    Come on, has nobody here experienced the "nasty shop assistant syndrome"? This time happened to be in an Apple store, the story is believable to me.

03-22-11 06:17 AM
    that was just very unethical of the apple dude. dont they have a store manager or something? or maybe the store manager himself was brainwashed too
    03-22-11 06:25 AM
    The fact he didn't go to a manager is easy.

It didn't happen.

Hence his silence since in this thread.
    03-22-11 06:23 PM
72 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD