Anyone else experienced that the BB Podcast app is not downloading the content of podcasts automatically? Have noticed this on both my Torch 9800 as well as on my new Torch 9860. It notices me about new podcasts available but despite my settings it does not download the content of them automatically. Really would like to work with the BB app and not need to buy PodTrapper or similar just to get it...
    09-01-11 01:21 PM
    No one using this app this way?
    09-02-11 07:18 AM
    I am having the same issue. If i download via browser and open it, it plays in the app, but never saves it there. Very irritating
    09-23-11 01:25 PM
    I have a similar issue with the bb podcast app as well. It didn't matter how I tweaked it. I could not get it to work properly.

I know you said you didn't want to use podtrapper, but I'm kicking it's tires now with the 30-day trial and I can assure you that it's a solid app, if that's your concern. It works flawlessly and is very configurable.

If you get it working, please post back, I'd use it if I could get it to work. Good luck!!
    09-23-11 02:55 PM
    I have gotten the files to download automatically by selecting when new podcast found, keep all. That is the only setting that mysteriuosly worked for me.

HOWEVER - the podcasts do not display under their headings. For example "Fantasy Football Focus" and "Football Today" folders -- when I open them, it says "no podcasts" but when I click the menu and click "downloaded podcasts" they are listed there in no particular order (maybe the time they were downloaded)? I'm used to clicking the folder, clicking on the podcast date I want to hear. That's it. Now I have to open podcasts, select menu, select podcasts downloads, then scroll until I get to the podcast I want to there (under the many podcasts that are downloaded).

the app worked so perfectly in OS 5 ...
    09-28-11 08:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD