will putting my blackberry in my pocket without that leather sleeve ruin my trackball? I have no problem with that leather sleeve that came with my phone, but my friend gave me a hardcase that snaps on, but it doesnt fit in the sleeve. so if i slide it directly into my pocket will the trackball get ruined?
    04-08-09 05:17 PM
    is it in the case when it is in your pocket? most leather pouches (hehe) they give you with the phone has an inprint in the pouch for the trackball.. it usually does not mess up. Now if you horse play with it.. that's definitely YOUR fault
    04-08-09 05:19 PM
    yeah its the standard sleeve. the hard case i have now doesn't protect the trackball so i was just curious.
    04-08-09 05:21 PM
    Lint in your pocket can cause problems with the device. Also, if it's in your pocket while you are sweating heavily, you can have problems.

I wouldn't put mine in my pocket (for longer than a few minutes) without something protecting the keyboard and trackball. But many people do.
    04-08-09 06:01 PM
    Lint is the trackball's worst enemy... That and metal shavings (don't ask, some other CB'er was talking about it in another post) wreak havoc on that most fragilist of fragile... the trackball.

Keep it in the sleeve.
    Last edited by S7ar Scr3am; 04-08-09 at 06:29 PM.
    04-08-09 06:13 PM
    I would know about the metal shavings. Or those small aluminum splinters. Oh man, your phone would hate you I keep my phone in my pocket while I'm in work though. I don't have any problems with it. Just make sure your pockets are clean (try running your pants through the machine with the pockets pulled out)
    04-08-09 06:26 PM
    thanks everyone for the advice, I'm definitely going to keep it in the sleeve.
    04-08-09 06:28 PM
    Yes, unless you have it in the PVC case, you will have it get contaminated quite easily. This is one of the main reasons I went the skin and belt pouch route. (The OEM case isn't leather, it's embossed vinyl).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-09 06:33 PM
    You need a one of these, it's a blackberry that flips closed so no more **** dialing!
    04-08-09 07:44 PM
    I got a BB silicone bikini cover! I usually wear carpenter jeans and put it in the file pocket on the side of the leg. No problems in over a year! I put the phone in standby and try not to turn it off taking it out! The nauga sleeve was nice for a time but eventually stretched out and the phone would slide out if held upside down!
    04-08-09 08:06 PM
    I've carried mine in my front jeans pocket for a long time now with no case or screen protector and haven't had a single problem.

04-08-09 08:07 PM
    I kept my Pearl in my pocket for 7 months and never had a problem. My right front pocket never has anything else in it, except my phone.
    04-08-09 08:13 PM
    Otterbox FTW. I daresay with an Otterbox on it, your berry could survive armageddon or a nuclear holocaust.

04-08-09 08:13 PM
    I bought a microfiber sunglass baggie. I keep it in the baggie and have no lint problems.

04-08-09 08:34 PM
    I haven't had any problems with my bold carried in my front pocket since I got it in November. I use keyboard locker so that I don't accidentally call anyone.
    04-08-09 09:23 PM
    I carry my 8900 in my front pocket without any kind of protector or sleeve. Haven't had any problems. I don't carry other things in the pocket and I think that is enough to aviod serious issues. Should the trackball suffer at some point, I would just take the bb apart and clean the thing. Furthermore, you can buy trackballs on cnn.cn I think for relatively cheap.
    04-09-09 03:47 AM
    I don't think I've ever had mine in my pocket, always have kept it in the holster.

04-09-09 05:01 AM
    I carry my Bold in my pocket all the time because I haven't found a holster that I haven't managed to snag on a doorframe and rip off my belt yet. Never had a problem.

04-09-09 05:24 AM
    i keep my in a Seidio Case inside my holster. for a while i wasnt using any protection(lol) and noticed not so much the trackball having problems, but the battery door was getting scratched from spare change in my pocket. i like the holster because i dont have to clear out one of my pockets just for the berry. its all up to your preference though
    04-09-09 07:13 AM
    Imo-i don't use my pocket because I'm afraid of lint messin up the trackball as some people have pointed out here. That would be a huge prob! I have a tego skin and silicone case to prevent scratches AND keep it in a Coach wristlet now-i use to use the vzw leather pda pouch but I wanted little more style to it! As for using my front pocket-on a very rare occassion-and only for a few mins!

04-09-09 07:42 AM
    Ive carrried my phone in pocket for over 2 years, and have never had a problem!
    04-09-09 08:01 AM
    Otterbox FTW. I daresay with an Otterbox on it, your berry could survive armageddon or a nuclear holocaust.

you arent going to fit it anyones pocket with an Otterbox. Not a fan of these regardless of how protected it keeps it. Reminds me of hornrim glasses and pocket protectors.
    04-09-09 08:02 AM
    i have mine in my jeans pockets all day every day and its fine!
    cant be bothered with the leather pouch as feel a tool when getting it out every 10 mins

cant see a problem
    04-09-09 10:26 AM
    me neither i leave it in my pocket all day everyday!! the only thing is i had to mute the click sound from the trackball beacuse i could hear it when i walk lol..
    04-09-09 11:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD