Is blackberry playing it too safe with all the cash in the bank they have? I feel like they think their devices alone are enough to put them back into the game when this is clearly not the case. They have 3.1 billion in the bank for crying out loud and they need to start spending A LOT of it on marketing and R&D. I'm talking like a 500million huge spending spree to jump start their engines. It just seems like thor is afraid of taking risks and if they don't start spending some.of that money soon, BlackBerry will be gone skis

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 09:30 PM
    They have 3 more devices coming out this year. It might actually be wise to wait for another one or two before really amping up the advertising
    That way their selection of devices will appeal to a much wider audience. Just my 2 cents.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 09:37 PM
    They have 3 more devices coming out this year. It might actually be wise to wait for another one or two before really amping up the advertising
    That way their selection of devices will appeal to a much wider audience. Just my 2 cents.

Posted via CB10
    But this is exactly my point, all these devices with no advertising is a poor business strategy on BlackBerrys part. BlackBerry do not have the credibility, publicity or goodwill to simply rely on their devices to sell themselves whether they have one or a hundred on the market. No point having all these devices on the market if no one knows about them. Of course everyone on c rack berry will know because we are more than just your average consumers but we do represent a small portion of blackberry users. The average consumer didn't even know the z10 and q10 existed until months after its announcements and even then there are still so many people who don't know they exist. I still get the "what phone is that? " nearly every day

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 09:48 PM
    Yes. They need for be kicking azz and taking names because BB10 is the sshhhiiiit. Swagger, you overly polite Canucks!

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 09:49 PM
    Yes too safe in design -- which is due to their tradition of appealing to the enterprise. Think IBM and OS2 Warp vs. Windows 95. As others have mentioned TAT could be doing more flashy design.

As for not spending enough on R&D -- I think they need the cash cushion. More marketing spend would be a good thing IF they have something very compelling to show. Which, they kind of don't.
    07-01-13 10:02 PM