I bought Blackberry playbook first week in February. At the beginning it was working fine and I was happy with it. But Alas! right after bestbuy 15 days return policy over my Playbook sound system started making funny noice when I try to play audio or watch video. I took it to Best Buy and they allowed me to exchange for another one. Well, I thought it's a isolate incident so I exchanged my 16GB with another 32GB by paying extra $50. Wow, that's even worse. I couldn't turn on the playbook that easily. Power on/off button for that 32GB Playbook was so hard that you have to press really hard to get it on or off. I was very upset. It didn't even worked sometimes. Doesn't matter how hard you press. Well, took that back again to Best Buy yesterday and then they gave me another one to try.
    I took it home and turned it on. Everything was fine. Then it did the upgrade by downloading new 2.0 software. After the download it restarted but never passed through the level where it shows Blackberry Playbook logo and some colors move around beside it before you see the playbook main touch screen. I waited over 1hr. and still the samething. Turned off and then turned on again and still the same thing.
    Today I am taking it to the Bestbuy to exchange.
    Yesterday Bestbuy lady at the exchange and return desk told me she is also using Blackberry playbook and she had the same problem with Blackberry and she returned her's three times.
    Now, you all Blackberry lovers, give me good reason why I shouldn't switch from Blackberry Playbook to IPAD?
    Last edited by choud2403; 03-16-12 at 07:47 AM.
    03-16-12 07:42 AM
    That is very strange. I have not had any problems.
    03-16-12 07:51 AM
    BestBuy? Really?
    BestBuy has been known to have really old PlayBook's in the back.
    Those issues were from the original shipment of PlayBook's.
    Get a refund and try ordering from somewhere else...
    03-16-12 08:10 AM
    No one needs to give you any reasons not to shift to iPad. If I had so many problems with a device I would dump it and switch to any other device that works for me.

Also in my friend circle we have 5 Playbooks running and not a single one has the problems you are facing. Maybe you are just plain unlucky that you got three lemons in a row. Buy the iPad. No gadget is worthy enough to have a headache and spoil your health.
    OniBerry likes this.
    03-16-12 08:12 AM
    I am getting tired of being told to prove to people why they should buy something over something else.

Choud - Try reading the forum, or using the search feature. Don't waste any time with research or anything
    03-16-12 08:19 AM
    Playbook costs less. There.

I have had a playbook since launch, never had this issue.
    03-16-12 08:28 AM
    I'll give you a reason. Because only trolls prefer the iPad. But really if it ain't doing it for you get whatever you want.
    03-16-12 08:31 AM
    I am getting tired of being told to prove to people why they should buy something over something else.

Choud - Try reading the forum, or using the search feature. Don't waste any time with research or anything
    Overall it's a public forum can't stop those people's posting these stuff over and over again sadly.
    Too bad it isn't working out for you though, well nonetheless you could try again or try another product.
    Always come to CrackBerry first if you have a issue that doesn't look familiar for you and maybe we can help you out though.
    But i don't have a good reason for your question. The PlayBook simply works out for me and that's all.
    To each their own but since it isn't working out for you i know it's frustrating. Think for yourself what's the best thing to do for you.
    03-16-12 08:36 AM
    BestBuy? Really?
    BestBuy has been known to have really old PlayBook's in the back.
    Those issues were from the original shipment of PlayBook's.
    Get a refund and try ordering from somewhere else...
    Thanks for the advise. There are not too many places around other then Staples. Maybe, I will shop somewhere else. We don't know, it's Bestbuy or Blackberry Playbook itself.
    03-16-12 08:39 AM
    After your 10th playbook return...then I would suspect something is wrong

No hardware issues so far with my playbook, my new 9810, or my previous 9800
    Last edited by anthogag; 03-16-12 at 09:06 AM.
    03-16-12 08:48 AM
    @OP, can't really tell you why you should buy one product over another. All I can tell you is that I prefer the PlayBook over the alternatives. I've had two - one since release - and the only trouble I had was when I loaded up the beta OS2. Other than that, the old OS and now the new OS have been pretty flawless.

My wife has an iPad, which I have messed with on a few occasions. I can't say anything bad about it, but I prefer the PlayBook's size and UI, and I also prefer how it handles multi-tasking and task-switching (I prefer this in BB phones over iOS as well) ... generally just like the look and feel better. The only aspect that really cannot be argued is the number of apps available, although other than Zinio, which should be coming soon, there really isn't much I'm in desperate need of that I haven't been able to find.

Sorry to hear about your troubles with the PB. But as a few posters have noted, Best Buy has not always been the most reputable BB retailer. I got my last one through Walmart online, of all places, and I haven't had a lick of trouble with it. You might also try Amazon.

But really, you need to try them both out and figure out which one feels best and will work best for you.
    03-16-12 09:22 AM
    @OP, can't really tell you why you should buy one product over another. All I can tell you is that I prefer the PlayBook over the alternatives. I've had two - one since release - and the only trouble I had was when I loaded up the beta OS2. Other than that, the old OS and now the new OS have been pretty flawless.

My wife has an iPad, which I have messed with on a few occasions. I can't say anything bad about it, but I prefer the PlayBook's size and UI, and I also prefer how it handles multi-tasking and task-switching (I prefer this in BB phones over iOS as well) ... generally just like the look and feel better. The only aspect that really cannot be argued is the number of apps available, although other than Zinio, which should be coming soon, there really isn't much I'm in desperate need of that I haven't been able to find.

Sorry to hear about your troubles with the PB. But as a few posters have noted, Best Buy has not always been the most reputable BB retailer. I got my last one through Walmart online, of all places, and I haven't had a lick of trouble with it. You might also try Amazon.

But really, you need to try them both out and figure out which one feels best and will work best for you.
    I have returned my Playbook at Bestbuy. I asked them whether they have OS2 pre-loaded Playbook and they told me no. I think only OS2 Pre-loaded Playbooks are the new ones. They have those in display but they are not selling pre-loaded ones. I think they are trying to get rid of crappy ones first.
    Tried few Staples places over the phone and they told me os2 pre-loaded are all sold out. Now they only have open boxed.
    I will continue my search because I think the new ones are much better then the old ones. I will only buy OS2 Pre-loaded playbook wherever that may be. I still think playbook is much better then any other tablets. Now, I want to proved it right.
    Last edited by choud2403; 03-16-12 at 02:18 PM.
    03-16-12 02:15 PM
    people are still using the 'power' button?

THATS NOT A POWER BUTTON. Its like the reset button on your router. You never need to press it.
    03-16-12 02:24 PM
    Lol..so tired to listen to ppl desperately trying to find reasons to buy the new iPad in the past few days. When the new iPad came out, suddenly their iPad 2/their old tablets are not good enough or suddenly don't work properly and look like pieces of crap. Just admit that the new iProduct is very tempting and you have to buy it, none will blame. Please don't use other ppl to give you good feelings and the kick to go buy it so you don't feel bad.

We have to change a notebook every 2-3 years (around 1000 $), a smartphone every two years (around 500$) and a tablet every 2 years (around 500$) ...plus the cost of data we use, the apps and multimedia we purchase. They are beautiful products no doubt, same as expensive good looking clothes. But we change them so often not because we would be less productive; because the industry and trend say that what we are having is so 20xx -1....

You can run around with an old blackberry and none cares ("because they all look same"). You run around with an iPhone 3GS and you suddenly get the "wtf-look". Apple's products are good looking and intuitive but ppl often buy them with wrong reasons and the same reasons will make them feel like the biggest "losers" if they don't own the latest product.
    03-16-12 03:08 PM
    Thanks for the advise. There are not too many places around other then Staples. Maybe, I will shop somewhere else. We don't know, it's Bestbuy or Blackberry Playbook itself.
    Try shopblackberry.com it should have newer PlayBook's, and I'm pretty sure they are still on sale there.
    03-16-12 05:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD