Does any1 know if someone can get your blackberry pin without you giving it too them, and if they add u then delete u how do u find out who they where?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-10 02:49 PM
    There are two ways to add someone. The first way is to add him/her by entering the BB Pin. The second way is by knowing his/her Barcode.

If non of those applies to your case then they probably got it from one of your BBM friends.

If they added you, their nickname will show in the request. I'm not sure though what happens if they added you and deleted you before you see the request.
    07-13-10 03:08 PM
    There are two ways to add someone. The first way is to add him/her by entering the BB Pin. The second way is by knowing his/her Barcode.

If non of those applies to your case then they probably got it from one of your BBM friends.

If they added you, their nickname will show in the request. I'm not sure though what happens if they added you and deleted you before you see the request.

07-13-10 03:28 PM
    ne 1 kans add u 2 bbm all dey hv 2 do is type in random numbers an lttrs and hop 4 the best u hv 2 accept it tho
    07-13-10 03:31 PM
    ne 1 kans add u 2 bbm all dey hv 2 do is type in random numbers an lttrs and hop 4 the best u hv 2 accept it tho
    English please?
    07-13-10 03:34 PM
    Who knows then, I've not long got the phone and don't yet have any blackberry mgsr contacts and knowone knows my pin so how someone has requested to b a bbm friend then said some thing then deleted thereselve and now I haven't got a clue who it was and how they done it??????

07-13-10 03:34 PM
    Couldn't have been random cause they knew who I was?

07-13-10 03:37 PM
    Haven't you given your pin to anyone or wrote it in some place or posted it on facebook or something. Well, if you haven't, I can't seem to figure this one out then .
    07-13-10 03:46 PM
    Maybe someone typo'ed a friend's pin and then realized they had the wrong pin so they deleted it?
    07-13-10 03:47 PM
    Nope haven't got a clue, the plot thickens lol hmm?

07-13-10 03:48 PM
    English please?
    LOL, I was just having fun.

To answer the question...

1. One of your friends had your phone and copied your pin.
    2. Your pin or barcode is posted somewhere (is it a second hand phone?)
    3. Someone guessed your pin or (made a mistake while trying to add someone else and realized their mistake)

Either way, you would have to accept the request for them to be added.
    07-13-10 03:49 PM
    The OP has mentioned that the other person knew who he/she was talking to.
    07-13-10 03:54 PM
    maybe bcoz u have joined a group and the person that knows you who doesn't know your pin saw your name in the list then added you
    07-13-10 04:29 PM
    What do u mean joined a group???

07-14-10 07:27 AM
    also, if the phone was used, or a refurb, the previous user may have posted the pin somewhere
    07-14-10 08:22 AM
    I expanded the title to make the threads question a bit clearer. (I THINK I got it right)
    07-14-10 08:25 AM
    No, they can't ad you, you have to click yes. It's not one way. You can also delete them and tick the option ignore future requests.

07-14-10 08:46 AM
    You would have to have posted your PIN or barcode someplace (like if you added your PIN to your profile here on CrackBerry). Or, they would have to have retrieved it from your phone (you can see your PIN by looking inside BBM). They can also add you to BBM via your e-mail address.

If you belong to a BBM group, other members can send a request to add you to their BBM contact list as well.

Almost all of those require them sending a request and you manually confirming their request.

The only way they can add you without you having to manually request is if they scan your BBM barcode. Apparently, the barcode scan assumes they are scanning your screen, so you are already giving them permission to add (since they are looking directly at your BB).

A person can also send you a PIN message (outside of BBM) using your PIN. They don't have to have permission, or add you to their BBM contact list. They just need to know your PIN.
    07-14-10 04:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD