Phone was stolen last week. Seeing as Blackberry pins are handset unique & cannot be changed, as far as I know anyway, is there a way of finding out who's got it? Could a phone company link what simcard/phone number is using the handset if I gave them my pin??

I paid 300 for the phone from eBay as O2 delayed the release when they came out so no insurance/no way of blocking it through the networks.
    02-23-10 02:10 PM
    Pray you will find it again. No insurance, no precautious steps taken (like installation of the free SmrtGuard app)... no way to get it back and since you didn't buy the phone from a carrier anyway no one will help you even if you provided the PIN of the BlackBerry to a phone company.
    02-23-10 02:23 PM
    Haha thought as much. Just wanted someone to confirm for closure, you know how attached one gets to one's BB. Danke.
    02-23-10 02:26 PM
    You should report it stolen and give them the PIN. Maybe they can do something.
    02-23-10 02:33 PM
    You should report it stolen and give them the PIN. Maybe they can do something.
    Report stolen to whom?! He bought it from eBay. No one is obliged to do anything to help him and since he didn't get it from a carrier there is no possibility for him to report it stolen.

Also eBay aren't responsible for things like this so contacting them or the seller is out of question too.
    02-23-10 02:44 PM
    Why does it matter where he bought it? If he activated it on O2 maybe they will help get it blacklisted.
    02-23-10 02:48 PM
    There really is no point to blacklisting a BlackBerry. The only thing that will do is
    prevent it from being BIS capable. Phone, SMS/MMS, WiFi, etc... will still work.
    02-23-10 02:57 PM
    I guess they could catch the ******* if they wanted to, if he was stupid enough to try to activate it on BIS.
    02-23-10 03:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD