BlackBerry needs to solve this, because the price tag of the phones is just insane, a Q10 at same price of a G3 or an S5? Just impossible... I live in Panama by the way...

BlackBerry phones prices-img_20140810_204558.jpg

BlackBerry phones prices-img_20140810_204754.jpg

BlackBerry phones prices-img_20140810_204807.jpg

BlackBerry phones prices-img_20140810_210459.jpg

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 09:06 PM
    I know you would think it should be more, for a phone that works better.
    anon(1852343), nvsfg and tinochiko like this.
    08-10-14 10:26 PM
    LOL... the problem is, you have to buy it and use it to really appreciate that it is better.

I agree... the only reason you are seeing the miniscule uptick in BlackBerry market share is due to lowered prices. There is no other way for BlackBerry right now.

Posted via CB10
    anon721037 and nvsfg like this.
    08-10-14 10:33 PM
    I'm agree with you, I love my Z10, and since the announcement of 10.3 I don't care about other brands but, if that is the price for the Q10 I don't want to think about the passport

BlackBerry has to put more competitive prices and fine a better way to promote the experience.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 11:13 PM
    That's ridiculous. BlackBerry has no right to charge those kind of prices considering their reputation. All it does it put people off even more.

Even if the Q10 is better than the S5 and the G3 (which it is), it still shouldn't cost that much.

Posted via CB10
    garrett lajoie likes this.
    08-11-14 12:23 AM
    Depends on retailer - their intentions, pricing policy, stock of certain phones - but you gotta think blackberry holds some if not a large portion of the responsibility for such **** pricing.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-14 12:55 AM
    That's ridiculous. BlackBerry has no right to charge those kind of prices considering their reputation. All it does it put people off even more.

Even if the Q10 is better than the S5 and the G3 (which it is), it still shouldn't cost that much.

Posted via CB10
    Oh? And why does samsung and apple have the "right" to charge those prices? If I'm not mistaken samsung and apple have had lots of security issues lately from insecure apps, apple's backdoor and even samsung's battery combustion while that girl was sleeping. Just because blackberry has a lower reputation doesn't mean that they don't have the "right" to price their products.

I do agree that they should price their devices lower, but they do have a right. Just like blackphone has the right to bash blackberry then get rooted in 5 minutes.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-14 06:05 PM

Posted via CB10
    ya if i had a rep for making a solid device that you can treat pretty hard and it still work, is that what you mean, drop a iphone see how long it lasts.
    08-11-14 06:39 PM
    The prices for smartphones in general are ridiculously high, regardless of brand.

That said, given the current mass-opinion of BlackBerry, I think they only way they'll be able to make a significant dent in the consumer market would be to create great hardware at a low cost, and sell through at appropriately low costs (say, 399 for a Classic, 499 for a Passport?). Not going to happen, because I'm assuming it costs a lot to create the great hardware, but they need BlackBerries in more hands to start swaying popular opinion.
    08-12-14 08:33 AM
    The prices for smartphones in general are ridiculously high, regardless of brand.

That said, given the current mass-opinion of BlackBerry, I think they only way they'll be able to make a significant dent in the consumer market would be to create great hardware at a low cost, and sell through at appropriately low costs (say, 399 for a Classic, 499 for a Passport?). Not going to happen, because I'm assuming it costs a lot to create the great hardware, but they need BlackBerries in more hands to start swaying popular opinion.
    You could argue they do that, with the Z10 being very cheap - the price of one versus the Z3 has been spoken of often enough on here. It's all to do with the amount of inventory available, the more there is, the more offers and reductions there will be.
    08-12-14 08:44 AM