You would think the Bold 9930 is the BEST since it is the latest and highest model number behind the P'9981 of course, but not everybody has used or can afford one. I use a Bold 9930, but I think it lacks a few features that I see on other BB Phones. Like close up "Auto Focus". Or maybe having more than one convenience button or a BBM button like on the new Curve. Maybe BB10 will have all the features we are looking for in just one phone..

So what are your thoughts on which BlackBerry is the Best overall right now pre-BB10...
    08-22-12 12:49 AM
    9900...it's the powerhouse BlackBerry. Offers everything you want from a BlackBerry
    08-22-12 01:00 AM
    I agree! It may lack a few features, but it does everything very efficiently!! And I think the feel of it is perfect for when you type with both hands and navigate around with just one hand. It is a TRUE Smartphone!
    08-22-12 01:05 AM
    I just picked up a 9790 as my work phone (still have an iSheep for personal use)

I went into the store with the intention of getting a 9900 but to be honest it felt a bit big for me. I don't have particularly small hands but it just wasn't comfortable. I know the difference is only a few mm either way and a few grams on the weight but it was enough to sway me towards the 9790. Granted its slightly less powerful in terms of the processor but i couldn't see a massive difference from the 2 demo units I tried out.

Don't get me wrong I love the look of the 9900, if I could have had the same styling in the smaller form factor id have been all over it, but for now my vote is for its little brother
    08-22-12 01:41 AM
    9900 is the best BB out there.....the camera does kinda suck though

& If you want more convience keys check out
    SixTools | CrackBerry.com
    08-22-12 01:41 AM
    I just picked up a 9790 as my work phone (still have an iSheep for personal use)

I went into the store with the intention of getting a 9900 but to be honest it felt a bit big for me. I don't have particularly small hands but it just wasn't comfortable. I know the difference is only a few mm either way and a few grams on the weight but it was enough to sway me towards the 9790. Granted its slightly less powerful in terms of the processor but i couldn't see a massive difference from the 2 demo units I tried out.

Don't get me wrong I love the look of the 9900, if I could have had the same styling in the smaller form factor id have been all over it, but for now my vote is for its little brother

"There is no perfect smartphone, only the perfect smartphone for you."

I personally like the Bold line. Any Bold you get works well. I haven't really used a 9790 but I'm sure it's awesome too! It's the closest thing to a 9900/30 so I'm sure it's right there in performance and feel. At first I thought the 9900/30 was a bit BIG, but after using it for awhile it just feels right! My Bold 9650 feels tiny now.. You can really feel the different in the keyboard by the size of each key and how it presses down. It's not squishy like the older versions of keyboards.. But every user has their preferences. So I hope your 9790 works out for you!..
    Donnee likes this.
    08-22-12 01:51 AM
    9900 is the best BB out there.....the camera does kinda suck though

& If you want more convience keys check out
    SixTools | CrackBerry.com

Yeah the camera is not the greatest, but as a "phone" the 9900/30 is awesome!!

And thanks! I will check that out.
    08-22-12 01:59 AM
    didn't we have an exactly same thread a while ago only???

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...y-best-740734/
    08-22-12 04:02 AM
    I am using a blackberry 9700. i think it's best phone ever because it's have great applications in it and its BBM is outstanding.
    08-22-12 05:10 AM
    I think that the BBM button is stupid..
    you can set any blackberry's convenience key to open BBM.
    I do think that the 9900 is the best at the moment, and about the auto-focus. I dont use the 9900's camera so I have nothing to worry about.. other than that it has a great keyboard, great specs, great design, and i just love it!
    08-22-12 05:39 AM
    The 9700 is nice. I had the 9650 which was my first Bold. The 9900/30 is awesome though! I was missing out not using this device sooner! It just does everything so efficiently and the keyboard is so fluent! And the size of the device is perfect for the hands.

You could set BBM as a convenience key, but it just seems cool when it's built in.. lol

9900/30 BEST device for sure!
    08-22-12 09:40 AM
    The 9900 and 9810 are the only two BlackBerrys worth considering. Which one comes out on top is purely subjective. It depends on your wants and needs.

Personally, I own both phones. Here's a quick breakdown of each phone's advantage over the other.

9900 - Form factor is just so pleasant all around. The keyboard is the best physical keyboard on the market. No question. If you're into e-mailing, texting, social media communication, this phone is unstoppable. While both phones can multitask and increase productivity dramatically, the ease of the keyboard is a serious advantage on this phone. It, in and of it itself, was my decision to switch from the 9810 to the 9900.

9810 - Screen landscape is large enough to properly web browse. The 9900's browser is quick FWIW, but the larger screen on the 9810 is more pleasing to the eye. The double-tap function on the 9810 brings text within web pages to a very comfortable reading size too. 9810 also has the advantage when it comes to viewing YT videos and most other media tasks.

I would warn you though, to REALLY consider what's important to you as a smartphone user. Most of us forget to do this. Many are attracted to the bells and whistles of certain features/functions that they will rarely use. Stupid as it sounds, do a usability inventory to really figure out what you're looking for. The answer should decide whether you get a 9900 or 9810.

Best of luck!

EDIT: As previous posters mentioned, the 9810's camera is preferable thanks to its auto-focus. Taking close pics of text with the 9900 can be less than flattering.
    Last edited by EricXC1; 08-22-12 at 10:25 AM.
    08-22-12 10:23 AM
    You would think the Bold 9930 is the BEST since it is the latest and highest model number behind the P'9981 of course, but not everybody has used or can afford one. I use a Bold 9930, but I think it lacks a few features that I see on other BB Phones. Like close up "Auto Focus". Or maybe having more than one convenience button or a BBM button like on the new Curve. Maybe BB10 will have all the features we are looking for in just one phone..

So what are your thoughts on which BlackBerry is the Best overall right now pre-BB10...
    Best berry 9700.
    08-22-12 10:24 AM
    Well I think everyone consider his own BlackBerry as the best because every user before buying his own model goes through all merit and demerits of that model and finally buy according to his need. ~ Cheers everyone cause we all have the BlackBerry
    08-22-12 02:34 PM
    The 950 :d

Well there're so many good phones for people whose profile differs from others. So hard to tell.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    08-22-12 03:00 PM
    didn't we have an exactly same thread a while ago only???

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...y-best-740734/
    A while ago? Seems we have two of these a day.
    08-22-12 03:05 PM
    9790 has a better camera, its smaller so the battery lasts long unlike the 9900.

I got the 9790 due to price, I like to have the best stuff, but I don't feel like I'm missing out at all.

It's a step sideways not a step down
    08-22-12 03:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD