I have the blackberry pearl and I am looking to upgrade. I want the capability to view and hear you tube videos. Also view sites at a faster pace. I am a att customer. Everyone please send me thoughts of the phone that would be the best.
    06-28-09 07:39 PM
    Aren't the specs for the phones posted on the Blackberry site? And the carriers site? Wouldn't this be a better question for a rep at your local carrier store? Sorry just seems to me with a little research on your part you can answer these quesions yourself? Just a thought.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-28-09 07:56 PM
    I actually have researched it and not sure if i want the curve 8900 vs the bold
    06-28-09 08:31 PM
    If you want faster pace browsing, then go with the Bold. You'll also be able to browse on 3G while speaking on the phone. The 8900 will only be able to do this while you're on wifi.
    06-28-09 08:42 PM
    Sounds like it's the Bold you want, OR to wait for Onyx (coming this fall)
    06-28-09 10:16 PM
    Yeah for faster browsing go with the bold
    06-28-09 10:21 PM
    +1 on the Bold.

It seems since you're on AT&T and looking for the best phone currently available to their customers, the Bold would be the way to go. It has all capabilities you're looking for.

Although the Pearl itself is capable of viewing youtube videos, you just have to upgrade to the latest OS.

06-28-09 10:27 PM
    Sounds like it's the Bold you want, OR to wait for Onyx (coming this fall)
    How do ya know its coming in fall

06-28-09 10:44 PM
    +1 on the Bold.
    06-28-09 10:51 PM
    Is this a correct answer to give someone who asks a question to "do a little research" ?

Aren't the specs for the phones posted on the Blackberry site? And the carriers site? Wouldn't this be a better question for a rep at your local carrier store? Sorry just seems to me with a little research on your part you can answer these quesions yourself? Just a thought.

06-28-09 10:55 PM
    Check out the Bold 8900 forum there are more than a couple of threads on 9000 vs 8900. Try that out for further insight

06-28-09 10:56 PM
    +1 on Bold.

06-28-09 11:06 PM
    So I have been on a bit of a rampage today and have been called out on a couple of other threads. So I just wanted to apologize to anyone who took offence to my tone today. I will try and offer more constructive comments in future.

06-28-09 11:37 PM
    I've had both the Bold and currently the 8900 on AT&T.

It's really dependent on what your looking for. If the lack of 3G isn't important to you and you prefer a smaller form factor and more application memory, I'd recommend the 8900. If you want 3G, then the 8900 is right out. I personally have not seen much of a difference in speed on either of them, and the extra app memory makes up for the slightly slower processor on the 8900.

I'd mostly recommend you go to your nearest AT&T store and play with the demos and see which you like best. The keyboards are very different from each other and it all will boil down to personal preference.

06-28-09 11:50 PM
    How do ya know its coming in fall

He's the silent 3rd CEO of RIM. Doh!
    06-28-09 11:59 PM
    I'd go for the Bold if you're upgrading now, but if you don't mind waiting a while then maybe the Onyx would be good for you...either way you can't go wrong imo
    06-29-09 12:23 AM
    Thanks everyone for your responses!
    06-29-09 08:53 PM
    I'm going with the majority. Bold!

06-29-09 08:55 PM
    I would go for the Bold
    06-29-09 09:01 PM
    Go for the curve. hands down the best.
    06-29-09 09:30 PM
    Just like just about everyone here has said, go for the bold or wait for the onyx. Definately worth it imo.

06-29-09 09:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD