Does anyone has the experience? Is it safe as they say?
    Which one is the safest?

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 12:51 PM
    Does anyone has the experience? Is it safe as they say?
    Which one is the safest?
    I think if you google "BlackBerry Encryption Method" or something like that you'll find lots of articles that explain how it works in laypersons terms and you will either be satisfied that it is sufficient for your needs, or it's not.

If your BlackBerry device is associated and sends traffic through a privately-controlled and secured BES, that is the ultimate in telecommunications encryption available to the masses as far as I know. If you are NOT sending your communications through a privately-controlled BES server, the NSA already knows everything they need to know about you.
    12-15-13 12:56 PM
    I think if you google "BlackBerry Encryption Method" or something like that you'll find lots of articles that explain how it works in laypersons terms and you will either be satisfied that it is sufficient for your needs, or it's not.

If your BlackBerry device is associated and sends traffic through a privately-controlled and secured BES, that is the ultimate in telecommunications encryption available to the masses as far as I know. If you are NOT sending your communications through a privately-controlled BES server, the NSA already knows everything they need to know about you.
    Just to clarify.. the NSA can intercept any communications you send over any network other than BES, I don't think they can "hack" into your phone and grab information that way..

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 12:59 PM
    PGP is only one type of supported encrpytion method the other and most secure that i have come across is called S/MIME it is a certificate based aes 256 bit encryption that works on top of the 256 bit aes encrption BES produces. both only work in a BES environment to higher encyrpt data, i have had time and fun implementing both in a BlakcBerry test lab when i used to work there.

and just for sake of saying not all BB data traffic is encrypted anymore on BB10 only on BES will it work since BIS is long gone.
    12-15-13 01:02 PM
    There is an update issue going on right now on the PGP
    They said that Canada having issues with the new update..
    Does anyone any update on that?

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 01:26 PM