im into deep thinking I just dont know if BlackBerry PPSE will still be available later this year because part of my plan is to buy another one. Ive invested on apps on my bb10 so its still hard to let go of Passport SE but there's also a bit of chance that I might snag a BlackBerry mercury. I just cant see myself using an android or ios as a daily driver but BlackBerry mercury is the nearest possible device as a alternative. (but I do have a cheap local android dual sim phone that I use only for uber and grab and as a wireless landline)

Posted via CB10
    01-19-17 11:21 PM
    The Blackberry Passport SE should still be available for purchase on Shop.Blackberry later this year. I don't think thats going anywhere. It seems like Blackberry want to continue offering at least 2 BB10 devices for customers. (Passport & Leap). While BB10 is great, the future for Blackberry is Android and thats where they are putting all their time and effort into. So i would advise getting a 'Mercury' just to ensure you are supported for the next 4 years. To be honest, i don't even think BB10 will be around in 4 years time. The last update should be sometimes this year and then no more sadly.
    01-20-17 01:52 AM
    I've got about 10 Passports left in me. It's seriously my favorite.

Posted via CB10
    MontoyaOscar84 likes this.
    01-20-17 02:05 AM
    I'm sure they have plenty of stock left. Even if not, there are always used ones for sale that are in great shape. These phones are super durable.

Blackberry Poptart SE - Cricket Wireless
    01-20-17 05:27 AM
    Hard Choice. If you really want apps though, go with the Mercury
    01-20-17 07:33 AM
    At this point, there is less and less you will be able to do with the passport and more and more you can do with the "mercury" I love my passport but can't get half of the things I need for work to even run on it smoothly . Even with the patches and cobalts help. It's time we let go of bb10 as our daily driver and move on . I will keep my bb10 devices as I love them way they work. Sad they will never see their full potential and so many people never got to know what could have been one of the greatest mobile OS's in the world
    01-20-17 11:41 AM
    I could see the mercury being the best of both worlds. With the qwerty keyboard and access to more apps.
    01-20-17 12:00 PM
    I moved from the Classic to the Priv and love it. It took some adjusting but BlackBerry did a great job with it's first Android device and the Mercury will be more polished.
    01-20-17 11:33 PM
    I moved from the Classic to the Priv and love it. It took some adjusting but BlackBerry did a great job with it's first Android device and the Mercury will be more polished.
    Same experience here. Sad that blackberry has left the building with hardware manufacture, but glad that TCL and possibly other licensees are carrying on with the hardware side. Very satisfied with my four month old Priv. The only thing that'll replace it for me will be another handset with pkb. Seriously looking at the Mercury, but would rather get an updated slider next to my Priv.
    02-11-17 08:56 AM
    Hopefully someone can design a launcher for the android based mercury that will resemble the passport and bb10 look n feel

Posted via CB10
    02-11-17 10:16 PM
    BB10 has to go. No Matter how good is BBOS. at the end of the day it is becoming less and less useful. Dont like Android or iOS, but as a consumer what choice do we.have.
    02-11-17 10:25 PM
    BB10 has to go. No Matter how good is BBOS. at the end of the day it is becoming less and less useful. Dont like Android or iOS, but as a consumer what choice do we.have.
    Less and less useful? You must be app dependent. Apps are nice and all, but are not necessary for everything and everyone.

Other than apps BB10 is still an exceptional OS.

Phone calls work perfectly
    SMS and MMS work perfectly
    Browser works perfectly
    Email works perfectly
    File manager works perfectly
    Calendar works perfectly
    Clock/Alarm clock work perfectly
    Docs to Go and Adobe Reader work perfectly
    Assistant works perfectly
    Contacts work perfectly (depends if you know how to manage your contacts)
    Camera works perfectly (subjective, some people want better quality)

So, what exactly is your definition of less and less useful ?

Posted via CB10
    02-11-17 11:02 PM
    Passport SE without a doubt, forget android.
    02-11-17 11:47 PM
    Just read this article that was posted today on the Mercury, I never really studied the specs until now…

I didn't know it shared sensors with the pixel

BlackBerry Mercury
    http://a.mynews.ly/!MD.FHdTQ
    02-12-17 12:05 AM
    Blackberry passport SE or mercury?

If you here in north America, where we have very fast networks available
    For cheap price: grab a Priv at 0$ with2 years contract orwith low TAB fee s. And for the next passport generation or wait better stuff.

Or you can find on classified ads a passport se(or first version) , like new, or just use a couple of month. For 100-150$ buyi it nice phone with a lot of charm but starting get age a bit.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-17 01:50 AM
    Would rather get laid with a dead stunning blonde or a good-looking brunette - yet still alive - ?
    Fs Laflamme likes this.
    02-12-17 03:51 AM
    What the? ^ LOL

And BTW the alive one.
    02-12-17 06:56 AM
    I love the passport. That having been said, go read the signal problem thread on the passport forum and then get a Mercury.
    02-12-17 07:23 AM
    I love the passport. That having been said, go read the signal problem thread on the passport forum and then get a Mercury.
    No signal problem here on my 2,5+ years Passport !! And still enjoying it every days!

Posted via CB10
    02-12-17 09:02 AM
    No signal problem here on my 2,5+ years Passport !! And still enjoying it every days!

Posted via CB10
    Obviously not everyone has it. My wife's works fine. Mine ended up with the emergency calls only bug and as the thread shows, many others are suffering from it.
    02-12-17 10:15 AM
    If you want to work fast productive with your phone bb10 nothing else. with droid you have to press 10 more buttons todo the same and live with all the commercials around it.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-17 02:29 PM
    Well, you can pick up 2014 technology or get with the times. That's my opinion . It's not like BlackBerry will be pushing out new bb10 devices
    02-12-17 03:10 PM
    As much as I hate to say it...the only responsible thing for BlackBerry to do at this point is to take their BB10 devices off their site and engage a third party reseller to liquidate any remaining stock. Better sooner than later.
    02-12-17 05:36 PM
    Obviously not everyone has it. My wife's works fine. Mine ended up with the emergency calls only bug and as the thread shows, many others are suffering from it.
    Is that a hardware issue or software ?

Posted via CB10
    02-12-17 05:44 PM