To all the people out there gifted with the unique blackberry passport. . . It's your turn to post your problems you find using the BBP (the way I like to call this beauty). .

I hope BlackBerry developers will take the issues into account and give us valuable updates and suggestions for ideal issues. .

Let's get BlackBerry to the next level!

Posted via CB10
    07-28-16 01:14 PM
    To all the people out there gifted with the unique blackberry passport. . . It's your turn to post your problems you find using the BBP (the way I like to call this beauty). .

I hope BlackBerry developers will take the issues into account and give us valuable updates and suggestions for ideal issues. .

Posted via CB10
    I guess you've been away for a while. Bb10 development has essentially stopped, and all but one of the developers have been let go.
    07-28-16 01:18 PM
    Man are you out of touch.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-16 02:44 PM
    Kinda like watching a game during the day with your favorite team, then going over to a friends house that has recorded it for everyone to watch together. Everyone is rooting as they are up at the half and it looks like they have a good shot... only you know they lost the game hours ago.

Op BlackBerry has moved to the next level.... it's call ANDROID. They are working to secure it, and to give BB10 users a familiar user experience. But BB10 is down to two security patches that won't really add much to the user experience.
    07-28-16 02:56 PM
    Great idea, just a few years too late.
    07-28-16 03:08 PM
    07-28-16 05:28 PM
    I guess you've been away for a while. Bb10 development has essentially stopped, and all but one of the developers have been let go.
    Do you have a source for the fact that all but one of the BB10 developers have been let go?

I'm not saying I don't believe you. I've suspected the same. But it would be nice to have some serious confirmation.

Posted via CB10
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    07-28-16 06:49 PM
    Do you have a source for the fact that all but one of the BB10 developers have been let go?

I'm not saying I don't believe you. I've suspected the same. But it would be nice to have some serious confirmation.

Posted via CB10
    Obviously I was being facetious, but we DO know that layoffs hit the BB10 team hard.
    07-28-16 06:54 PM
    Wow! Sure won't happen with you guys!

I'm with OP! Go OS 10 go! Apps are great! Keep em coming.

OS 11>> better camera options. Faster. Let's go, let's go let's go!

Jaglenn's Passport
    07-28-16 07:00 PM

...ah the OP has 4 posts, cut the guy/gal some slack.
    07-28-16 07:25 PM
    Wow! Sure won't happen with you guys!

I'm with OP! Go OS 10 go! Apps are great! Keep em coming.

OS 11>> better camera options. Faster. Let's go, let's go let's go!

Jaglenn's Passport
    With "us"? What do we have to do with it? We're random people on a Web forum, not BlackBerry's board of directors. Telling folks the honest truth doesn't make things better or worse.

Tell you what:

BB11 is coming this year! It will debut on the Passport 2, which will have monster specs! Snapdragon 820, 4GB RAM, 64GB internal storage, 26MP cameras on front AND back, OLED screen, supports all GSM and CDMA bands, android 6.0.1 runtime with Google Play right out of the box. And a $400 MSRP!

There, I just told you a bucket full of lies. Does it make you feel better somehow?

Passport SE, "The BlockBerry" - Cricket Wireless
    DrBoomBotz and MikeX74 like this.
    07-29-16 05:58 AM
    Good morning! I'm sorry! I'm a 'glass half full' kind of person! It doesn't help ANYONE spouting negatives that are unknown either!

Jaglenn's Passport
    07-29-16 07:55 AM
    Good morning! I'm sorry! I'm a 'glass half full' kind of person! It doesn't help ANYONE spouting negatives that are unknown either!

Jaglenn's Passport
    I think you're a glass 1/100th full kind of person.
    07-29-16 08:05 AM
    Passport is a weird choice, very drastic view.either people love it or hate it. No in between. And based on sales, it won't go far. The general public made their decision years ago.
    07-29-16 09:22 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry ... where we take any glimmer of optimism and hope and squash it IMMEDIATELY!!! Don't bring that 'round here!

Although, I agree that there aren't going to be any upgrades that we'll see to the passport, I agree that it's a great device. All I'd like to see is an updated Android runtime and i'd be a happy camper.
    Last edited by hoopitz; 07-29-16 at 01:05 PM. Reason: Typo
    07-29-16 01:04 PM
    OP, problems aside, sounds like you're fond on the PP. My suggestion is to enjoy it for what it is.
    07-30-16 08:00 AM
    Kinda like watching a game during the day with your favorite team, then going over to a friends house that has recorded it for everyone to watch together. Everyone is rooting as they are up at the half and it looks like they have a good shot... only you know they lost the game hours ago.

Op BlackBerry has moved to the next level.... it's call ANDROID. They are working to secure it, and to give BB10 users a familiar user experience. But BB10 is down to two security patches that won't really add much to the user experience.
    Man oh man.................this company is the perfect picture of a train wreck....................While I fully understand the posters idea with OS 10 and the replies, truth be told their will never be a secure Android that can run third party apps. The Detek idea is a warning system, in the end if you want the app the security is breached. That is why the Black Phone segregated two OS systems from each other, that was the only way to have a secure Android phone. BlackBerry can harden all they want, the weak spot will always be the Android OS system. As for the two security updates, I would not be to ready to download them because one will probably stop side-loading in its tracks. DISCLAIMER: I love my BlackBerry phone, I now use a Priv and its OK, I do miss my Passport for speed of hub and other BlackBerry services

. BlackBerry has set out with a new phone in a very crowded market. While people will tell us this phone is only for the Corporate Client truth is that's garbage. If that was the case OS 10 would still be the go to OS for BlackBerry. They lost the Corporate side a long time ago, most users are not even running OS 10 yet and I am talking about major players. Chen is looking to try to get a small foothold in the consumer end, but again no product placement equals another Priv on eBay in a few months. All of this is a real shame as BlackBerry has a lot to offer, but you can have the best of anything. If no one wants its you become Sony with BetaMax.
    07-30-16 08:13 AM

Posted via CB10
    It may be a fantasy but I'll bite:

When in in bed and the phone is plugged in its hard to use with a wire sticking out of the bottom so they should move the power/data port to the side (like Z10/Q10) and while they are at it change it to USB type-C. To accommodate easy upright docking put a magnetic fast charging port at the bottom.
    07-30-16 11:53 AM
    Mmm! I like it! How do the magnetic ports hold up over time?

Jaglenn's Passport
    07-30-16 01:42 PM

And a $400 MSRP!

Passport SE, "The BlockBerry" - Cricket Wireless
    ....damn that's expensive. I'm going to wait until it goes on sale

RedBerry Passport /10.3.2.2876 / Telus
    07-30-16 05:31 PM