I'm really thinking BlackBerry has something special here if people learn the Passport exists. I was just at the gas station and was waited on by a guy who was about 20 years old. He saw my Passport and pretty much yells, "holy crap, what's that!?" He then called the other two attendants over, who were also in their early 20s. Their comments were as follows:

"Whoa, that thing is awesome!"
    "No way that's a BlackBerry!"
    "I bet that won't bend in my back pocket!"

They really loved it and thought it was unique. I told them how it runs Android apps and showed them the touch enabled keyboard and all 3 asked me where they could get one. Unfortunately, here in the US, the only way to get one is to buy it unlocked, which probably puts it out of their price range, but I told them it would be on AT&T soon.

I think a lot of young people right now are into being individuals and adopting their own unique style. I could easily see something like the Passport fitting into that role. This thing doesn't just appeal to us power users.

Posted via CB10
    nah.uhh, Q10Bold and PatrickMJS like this.
    10-02-14 10:05 PM
    Ya, it's not but that's what BlackBerry is rolling with...sooo
    MarsupilamiX, ibpluto and nah.uhh like this.
    10-02-14 10:07 PM
    This may end up being a mistake blackberry did this year. Having put such low expectations for this device. Not that I can't blame them with the dismal sales they had on the last bb10 devices. This does seem though like the first time in a long time BlackBerry failed to meet demand. May cost them money in the long run. MAY may not. However media and carriers seem to have had low expectations also. No one could have predicted the device would be in such large demand. I just hope this doesn't come back to bite John Chen. I have a feeling Passport demand will be higher than the Classics demand. This really is a big differentiation in devices I'd people want to stand out this us the one to get. While the classic is something I could care less for as I want the big unique screen to show off. I am still waiting for ATT.....been ready for an upgrade for half a year now waiting for this device....i almost just want to get the new iPhone subsidized play with it sell it at a loss whenever att releases the Passport

Posted via CB10
    asd7 and nah.uhh like this.
    10-02-14 10:31 PM
    It's great that they found interest but BlackBerry has stated they are in this for enterprise. Their number one priority will be enterprise. Besides isn't the stated use of a Blackberry on these forums is a "tool" and for "work" and as you so eloquently said, "power user?" You can't have it both ways.
    10-03-14 02:25 AM
    There was a lot of pent-up demand for this device by BlackBerry enthusiasts. As soon as the device went on sale all those people that have been following this device went ahead and bought it. There is still a lot of those people that have not been able to get theirs yet. But honestly, After all the BlackBerry enthusiasts get their devices, then we will see if it KEEPS selling. Everyone is jumping up and down at how many and how fast they are selling. Give it time and once all the initial demand is met, let's see how it does in the longer term. I just don't see any physical keyboard devices selling in the millions. Only time will tell.
    10-03-14 10:48 AM
    Passport is BlackBerry's hope to put them back on the map but people will learn that BB10 is what drives all these amazing underrated devices. My Q5 included.

Posted via CB10
    lift, BB_Junky and BlackistheBerry like this.
    10-03-14 11:01 AM
    There was a lot of pent-up demand for this device by BlackBerry enthusiasts. As soon as the device went on sale all those people that have been following this device went ahead and bought it. There is still a lot of those people that have not been able to get theirs yet. But honestly, After all the BlackBerry enthusiasts get their devices, then we will see if it KEEPS selling. Everyone is jumping up and down at how many and how fast they are selling. Give it time and once all the initial demand is met, let's see how it does in the longer term. I just don't see any physical keyboard devices selling in the millions. Only time will tell.
    Use common sense mate. Obviously the phone was aimed at enterprise. So if these alleged fan boys (200000) of them went ahead and purchased the passport, BlackBerry should be happy because they have other fans like me that can't afford to or plan on still stocking to current gen bb10 devices but plan on buying more devices later. Plus these people bought it outright. That's a lot of money to drop on something if you weren't confident about it. Plus 200000 fan boys is a lot X,'D

So what to make of the enterprise users that haven't even have figures releases yet? Or people that buy it through carriers?

The phone itself apparently was set to sell 240K in less than 4 months so they sold 200K in 24 hours. Regardless of how you twist it you can't deem the phone a failure. It's the advantage you get when you withdraw yourself from the consumer race that already seemed over before it started....you get to set your own goal

Posted from zee flicking coolest smartphone evah!
    Playbook007, Banco and gokulesh like this.
    10-03-14 01:41 PM
    It's great that they found interest but BlackBerry has stated they are in this for enterprise. Their number one priority will be enterprise. Besides isn't the stated use of a Blackberry on these forums is a "tool" and for "work" and as you so eloquently said, "power user?" You can't have it both ways.
    Yes, you can have it both ways. At least I like to think that way. BlackBerry devices can be used for fun in the same sense as an iPhone can be used for work. It's just that the BlackBerry is designed and built for work first and foremost, but you can still play on it. Besides, a lot of young people still appreciate the work first attitude of a BlackBerry. They don't all just play games on their phones.

Posted via CB10
    RigoMonster likes this.
    10-03-14 02:02 PM
    Sorry it's not for consumers! BlackBerry told you that! People should listen! There is no way an HD video on the passport is going to match the size of the landscape view on my z30! People should just listen!......but then again, once you tell some people it isn't for them, well out of rebellion they purchased! But on a more serious note, these were not purchased by fan boys. These devices in their own uniqueness could sell 200,000. The really were designed with work in mind. But yes they make a fantastic consumer device. Why? Well if you text, email, Twitter, BBM, browse the Web, view pdf filed, word docs etc.....more than you watch videos on your phone, then this is the better choice. If you like the concept of Blend across platforms, then again the consumer wins. If you like tactile feedback along with a touch keypad, then again victory is yours. Let alone the speakers, the variable phone speaker with distance to the ear monitoring etc. This is actually a fantastic consumer device if you put aside preconceived ideas and look with an open mind.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 02:07 PM
    Use common sense mate. Obviously the phone was aimed at enterprise. So if these alleged fan boys (200000) of them went ahead and purchased the passport, BlackBerry should be happy because they have other fans like me that can't afford to or plan on still stocking to current gen bb10 devices but plan on buying more devices later. Plus these people bought it outright. That's a lot of money to drop on something if you weren't confident about it. Plus 200000 fan boys is a lot X,'D

So what to make of the enterprise users that haven't even have figures releases yet? Or people that buy it through carriers?

The phone itself apparently was set to sell 240K in less than 4 months so they sold 200K in 24 hours. Regardless of how you twist it you can't deem the phone a failure. It's the advantage you get when you withdraw yourself from the consumer race that already seemed over before it started....you get to set your own goal
    First of all, don't throw the insults around. You're telling me my opinion has no common sense to it? Plus, I never said the device was a failure in that post did I? All I am saying is that the hysteria about how great this is selling is going to be short lived. Once the BlackBerry fans that have wanted this device finally get their hands on one, then I BELIEVE sales will drop off dramatically.
    All I keep hearing is that the phone is the next cure for cancer because it sold 200K in 24 hours. Let's just take a step back here and realize that there are a lot of things out there that sell like hotcakes in the beginning but then die off because the initial hysteria and demand was met.
    Trust me, I want Blackberry to succeed and I own many BB10 devices so I am not trying to be a downer here. Just trying to be realistic.
    I'm sure the Z10 sold like crazy at release. There are ton's of people on Crackberry that bought at release. Then look at what happened.
    10-03-14 02:43 PM
    Yes, you can have it both ways. At least I like to think that way. BlackBerry devices can be used for fun in the same sense as an iPhone can be used for work. It's just that the BlackBerry is designed and built for work first and foremost, but you can still play on it. Besides, a lot of young people still appreciate the work first attitude of a BlackBerry. They don't all just play games on their phones.

Posted via CB10
    I have two teens with Z10s who appreciate the build quality. They love the Hub, file management, media and my son uses it to play games too. For my daughter, BlackBerry has kept her organized, she even prints documents off her phone. It is really neat to hear their feedback on BlackBerry 10.

Posted via Q10 with 1154
    eddy_berry and lift like this.
    10-03-14 03:18 PM
    I have two teens with Z10s who appreciate the build quality. They love the Hub, file management, media and my son uses it to play games too. For my daughter, BlackBerry has kept her organized, she even prints documents off her phone. It is really neat to hear their feedback on BlackBerry 10.

Posted via Q10 with 1154
    My 2 sons, after having the z10 for a month, would not take the iphone based on the hub alone. They have all the social apps and that is where the HUB shines.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 03:29 PM
    My 2 sons, after having the z10 for a month, would not take the iphone based on the hub alone. They have all the social apps and that is where the HUB shines.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly. My daughter had the option to get an S4 but chooses to stay with her Z10.

Posted via Q10 with 1154
    10-03-14 06:10 PM
    First of all, don't throw the insults around. You're telling me my opinion has no common sense to it? Plus, I never said the device was a failure in that post did I? All I am saying is that the hysteria about how great this is selling is going to be short lived. Once the BlackBerry fans that have wanted this device finally get their hands on one, then I BELIEVE sales will drop off dramatically.
    All I keep hearing is that the phone is the next cure for cancer because it sold 200K in 24 hours. Let's just take a step back here and realize that there are a lot of things out there that sell like hotcakes in the beginning but then die off because the initial hysteria and demand was met.
    Trust me, I want Blackberry to succeed and I own many BB10 devices so I am not trying to be a downer here. Just trying to be realistic.
    I'm sure the Z10 sold like crazy at release. There are ton's of people on Crackberry that bought at release. Then look at what happened.
    See that's the problem. "I'm sure the Z10 sold like crazy " you didn't provide any substantial evidence.

"Once the blackberry fans.... dramatically". Again an assumption with no evidence and no substantial basis for the claim

Posted from zee flicking coolest smartphone evah!
    10-03-14 06:20 PM
    Now children... behave....

One advantage of setting a relatively low sales target of enterprise only is that it takes the pressure off of everybody so worked up about market share.

The passport, despite its square screen makes for an excellent consumer phone (with the possible exception of watching wide screen video) as does bb10 in general. Similarly to posters above, my kids have z10s and they work great, and I would imagine that the passport would even be a better consumer phone dressed in enterprise clothing.

Go passport!

Posted via CB10
    si001, spikesolie and eddy_berry like this.
    10-03-14 06:44 PM
    You weren't insulted, you were given a fairly rational assessment of where it is. And yes, use common sense on that. There's no hysteria, there's mild surprise. And a fair bit of raised eyebrow enjoyment.

What do you actually expect? Billions? Its done well on release, that should be enough at this stage

Posted via CB10
    gokulesh and spikesolie like this.
    10-03-14 06:49 PM
    There is one thing I know for sure. Whether Passport sales are going to drop like a rock or have slow and steady uptake remains to be seen, but the one thing it has done is it has people talking. Not just business types but all kinds of people are seeing this device and talking about it. I like that. The one thing BlackBerry needed was a head turner and they may have just hit one right out of the park. The fact that they will continue doing that is the smartest decision they could have made. In my mind it doesn't matter if sales slow after selling less than a million. Just having the Passport out there is greater for the brand than having a Z30. People notice the Passport. Whether they like it or not, BlackBerry is alive and they have a big quad-core powerhouse out there that you couldn't miss from a mile away.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 07:25 PM
    There is one thing I know for sure. Whether Passport sales are going to drop like a rock or have slow and steady uptake remains to be seen, but the one thing it has done is it has people talking. Not just business types but all kinds of people are seeing this device and talking about it. I like that. The one thing BlackBerry needed was a head turner and they may have just hit one right out of the park. The fact that they will continue doing that is the smartest decision they could have made. In my mind it doesn't matter if sales slow after selling less than a million. Just having the Passport out there is greater for the brand than having a Z30. People notice the Passport. Whether they like it or not, BlackBerry is alive and they have a big quad-core powerhouse out there that you couldn't miss from a mile away.

Posted via CB10
    Absolutely.....people are talking BlackBerry again everywhere. I can't believe the number of people who want the passport, and I am not talking fan boys. If you like to browse the Web, view and edit docs, use social media, email, then this device is a killer. Movie watching takes a hit compared to a rectangular device in landscape, but not a major hit, and I think the use of the other areas and it's benefits counter act that easily

Posted via CB10
    eddy_berry likes this.
    10-03-14 11:57 PM
    This is obviously a true statement but the truth is this takes away all the negative things that can be said about the phone.

Once this is declared a phone for business professionals it really takes away the negative of not having Instagram or other apps away and puts the focus on things like Blend that make it unique to the business world.

With the given specs and overall difference I think most tech reviewers have had a difficult time finding issues with the phone given its target market. This should do BlackBerry well in the big picture

Posted via CB10
    eddy_berry and Snap51 like this.
    10-04-14 12:34 AM
    This is obviously a true statement but the truth is this takes away all the negative things that can be said about the phone.

Once this is declared a phone for business professionals it really takes away the negative of not having Instagram or other apps away and puts the focus on things like Blend that make it unique to the business world.

With the given specs and overall difference I think most tech reviewers have had a difficult time finding issues with the phone given its target market. This should do BlackBerry well in the big picture

Posted via CB10
    True, but not having Instagram is not a negative. It's a misconception. Lol. No, I get what your saying though. I think that was a great strategy for such a provocative device.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 09:43 AM
    Blackberry is stating thats it's a business phone for business use, and that's what it is.
    10-04-14 11:18 AM

Posted via Q10 with 1154
    Dude make a couple of videos of each of your kids, use story maker to compile them with cool music, and testimonials from them, no adults!!! Send that to BlackBerry , and I think you would give them a solid ad!

And they would definitely send your kids stuff!

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold likes this.
    10-04-14 11:58 AM
    Vow

posted via Q10
    10-04-14 12:21 PM
    I have Q10 and still some person used to ask me
    Which mobile is this
    And I say ita BlackBerry Q10
    Haha in india no keybord lovers or rare keybord lovers man

posted via Q10
    10-04-14 12:23 PM
    Yes, it's just not for power users only, I love it and I use it for both purposes. Have stopped carrying two devices.

Beast Unleashed!! Passport is the Name!!!
    10-04-14 12:44 PM
56 123