Hello, I know a 1:1 aspect ratio passport running Android is not possible. Is there however a possibility of an updated passport that is not exactly 1:1 ? I would just be interested in a blackberry phone similar to the form factor of the blackberry passport (wide screen) instead of candy bar shaped phones.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-18 09:41 AM
    Hello, I know a 1:1 aspect ratio passport running Android is not possible. Is there however a possibility of an updated passport that is not exactly 1:1 ? I would just be interested in a blackberry phone similar to the form factor of the blackberry passport (wide screen) instead of candy bar shaped phones.

Posted via CB10
    Nope, the Passport is one of a kind. Best you can get is the Key2 (or LE) at a 4:3 ratio running android of course.
    11-24-18 03:25 PM
    Here's the thing though, I tried using the blackberry key2, the keyboard is not very good or well spaced in my opinion. The keyboard of the passport is the best keyboard I've ever typed on. Atleast a bigger keyboard is something that I expect on future blackberry phones.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-18 04:59 PM
    Here's the thing though, I tried using the blackberry key2, the keyboard is not very good or well spaced in my opinion. The keyboard of the passport is the best keyboard I've ever typed on. Atleast a bigger keyboard is something that I expect on future blackberry phones.

Posted via CB10
    The KEY² has the second biggest keyboard ever used on a BlackBerry-branded device. The Passport keyboard was the aberration, and will likely never be seen again.
    11-24-18 09:56 PM
    The keyboard of the passport is the best keyboard I've ever typed on
    I hear you and that's why I'm still using my Passport.
    11-24-18 10:07 PM
    Such a shame that a new passport could have made it possible for blackberry to return to the market that people would actually buy but then again the passport was made by blackberry whereas now they're made by TCL who wanna play it safe.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-18 10:54 PM
    The Passport keyboard was the aberration....
    De gustibus my friend. Me and many other love it.... as for everything, there are pro and contra!!

Posted via CB10
    11-25-18 02:00 AM
    Such a shame that a new passport could have made it possible for blackberry to return to the market that people would actually buy but then again the passport was made by blackberry whereas now they're made by TCL who wanna play it safe.

Posted via CB10
    Can't blame them for playing it safe with the KEY series line. BB ltd lost enough money with BB10 and it's hardware.
    11-25-18 04:57 AM

Posted via CB10
    After a comparison of several weeks between Passport, KEYone, KEY2 and KEY2LE I come to the following ranking in terms of keyboard: Passport, KEY2LE, KEY2, KEYone.
    11-25-18 06:07 AM
    I really think blackberry lost money only because of bb10. Every person who's ever used blackberry and eventually moved on are those who needed the apps. If blackberry adopted android sooner, I'm pretty sure they would be much better now. I kinda sucks cause bb10 really had a lot of potential. I don't like that Google runs this Internet service Monopoly.

As far as playing safe goes, I'm pretty sure that blackberry would hold their own. If unheard brands can sell shirty phones, blackberry can do it much better.

Posted via CB10
    Byrese likes this.
    11-25-18 06:24 AM
    De gustibus my friend. Me and many other love it.... as for everything, there are pro and contra!!

Posted via CB10
    I wasn't commenting on preference. I was only pointing out that in terms of keyboard SIZE, the Passport is the odd duck in a long line of BlackBerry keyboards.
    11-25-18 07:16 AM
    I don't know why the passport form factor was not adopted. To me it simply screams utility and work. I would never use my passport as a content consumption device except for maybe some music. It's sad how the marketing focus of phones have become purely for entertainment purposes.

Posted via CB10
    anon(10218918) likes this.
    11-25-18 09:33 AM
    It's sad how the marketing focus of phones have become purely for entertainment purposes.

Posted via CB10
    IMHO it's because the vast majority of people use them for entertainment purposes, social media included.
    11-25-18 11:54 AM
    Even BlackBerry saw the value in social media and entertainment:

IMHO it's because the vast majority of people use them for entertainment purposes, social media included.
    11-25-18 12:03 PM
    That is so true.
    If you stop and look at it, most are now more of a "walking computer/streaming device" instead of a phone. How long ago would you have not turned around to get the phone that was left at home, work, etc?
    gebco likes this.
    11-25-18 12:15 PM
    I really think blackberry lost money only because of bb10. Every person who's ever used blackberry and eventually moved on are those who needed the apps. If blackberry adopted android sooner, I'm pretty sure they would be much better now. I kinda sucks cause bb10 really had a lot of potential. I don't like that Google runs this Internet service Monopoly.

As far as playing safe goes, I'm pretty sure that blackberry would hold their own. If unheard brands can sell shirty phones, blackberry can do it much better.

Posted via CB10
    Right. I'd be using a BB10 right now if it wasn't for the apps. And I'm relatively new to BB.
    11-27-18 10:30 PM