View Poll Results: You own a Blackberry. Do you want an iPad?

Voters
271. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

68 25.09%
  • No

203 74.91%
    agreed, that would be Bashing on a neutral forum, BUT this is not a neutral forum, this is meant to be a forum for BlackBerry Fans,

Just like on a Forum for the Red Sox people are free to bash the Yankee's
    Stephen, in all fairness, you're right. It is a Blackberry fansite, but the forum rules clearly state flaming is prohibited.

Those comments add no value to a thread. They are bashing, plain and simple. I don't like bashing of any kind. Sometimes on CB it seems like bullying, from both side of the spectrum. And it's wrong. Like it says in the rules, if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all.

You're more than welcome to argue with the forum rules.

Make Meaningful Posts - While CrackBerry.com is geared as much towards entertaining and connecting the Crackberry community as it is to helping solve problems and staying on top of news and rumors, all posts made within the site should be value added and on topic to the thread (even in the free for all). Hijacking a thread off-topic is a big No-No, and posts made for no reason other than to increase post count will be wiped from the site.

Inappropriate Content/ Language Please keep posts and links family appropriate. The administrator�s and moderator�s reserve the right to delete posts at their discretion if they are deemed inappropriate or offensive. Users will be given a warning for the first violation; any subsequent violation could result in a ban from the forum.

Personal Attacks Do not flame, insult or post personal attacks against other users. Be courteous, not rude. Any instances or reports of harassment of members will be treated seriously. CrackBerry.com has a zero tolerance policy against this kind of behavior, which may result with an immediate temporary or permanent ban at moderators' discretion. CrackBerry.com is a friendly place - treat members with respect at all times. If you don't have something nice to say, do not say it!
    12-13-11 05:51 AM
    Stephen, in all fairness, you're right. It is a Blackberry fansite, but the forum rules clearly state flaming is prohibited.

Those comments add no value to a thread. They are bashing, plain and simple. I don't like bashing of any kind. Sometimes on CB it seems like bullying, from both side of the spectrum. And it's wrong. Like it says in the rules, if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all.

You're more than welcome to argue with the forum rules.

I've posted them a few time myself,
    and do agree they don't really have a place, but again, I see nothing wrong with them compared to the countless iPhone >>> BlackBerry posts / signatures, and opinions of many of the active posters.

as long as crackberry remains a catch all site we will continue to see these posts, and have negative sentiment.

though you and I are Breaking forum rules right now by taking this thread off topic
    12-13-11 05:56 AM
    Again, I don't see BlackBerry bashing. You're welcome to PM me with direct quotes from members showing BlackBerry bashing. This site seems to thrive off hate and I think some members really enjoy it. I see mostly hate about other platforms. Hate, on any spectrum, shouldn't be tolerated.

Saying this is a BlackBerry fan site as an excuse for certain members' behavior isn't helping the situation on this site. It's become very volatile lately.

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk
    12-13-11 06:07 AM
    Too big. Too expensive. No iPad.
    12-13-11 06:30 AM
    Of course, I want an iPad; I like technology (sometimes) and want one of each type and size of tablet out there. I think those voting "no" either don't like technology, don't understand the question, which doesn't require them to prefer the iPad to the Playbook, or, haven't seen the iPad, which really is a very capable large tablet.
    Or....

They have experience with the Ipad and realize that it is nothing but a beautifully packaged toy.

and yes... I own one... and I own an Ipad 2... and an Iphone4.
    12-13-11 06:32 AM
    Again, I don't see BlackBerry bashing. You're welcome to PM me with direct quotes from members showing BlackBerry bashing. This site seems to thrive off hate and I think some members really enjoy it. I see mostly hate about other platforms. Hate, on any spectrum, shouldn't be tolerated.

Saying this is a BlackBerry fan site as an excuse for certain members' behavior isn't helping the situation on this site. It's become very volatile lately.

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk

It has been very volatile for a long time.
    you didn't see it until you became an iPhone owner and started getting involved and liking posts in the more volatile threads around the iPhone.

The Helping the situation on this site would be to encourage cross membership and not keep CrackBerry as the catch all mobile nations forum as I said in this thread http://forums.crackberry.com/site-qu...8/#post6925625

I go to many fan sites, the negative bashing of competing products on this site is no worse than other fan sites outside of smartphones, what is unusual here is how OK it is to hate the product that this site is meant to promote.
    Jake Storm likes this.
    12-13-11 06:39 AM
    I wouldn't mind one, though I'd rather have a PlayBook. The only reason I'd get an iPad or iPod touch was for a handful of applications, those of which I can use on a PlayBook.
    12-13-11 06:50 AM
    And what do you have for a device? Do you own a blackberry? The poll is about blackberry owners wanting an ipad and you voted which skews the results if you do not own one.
    I own a BB 9780. I use AND own an iPhone 4S.

In the past I purchased a Playbook the day it was released. I returned it after two weeks of troubleshooting, thank God. It was and truly is a disaster for RIM.

I also own an iPad. I would like iPad 2.
    12-13-11 07:17 AM
    I own a BB 9780. I use AND own an iPhone 4S.

In the past I purchased a Playbook the day it was released. I returned it after two weeks of troubleshooting, thank God. It was and truly is a disaster for RIM.

I also own an iPad. I would like iPad 2.
    Thanks you have no info in your profile of what you use. Not sure what that means anyway as people can put whatever they want in there.

I can appreciate your opinion even though I may not agree with it. Yes it didn't help RIM at all to release it when they did. The out of the gate purchasers that returned it right away is understandable but I think it has improved a lot since then.

But I digress the thread was suppose to be yes or no if bb owners here wanted an ipad. Nothing asked about the playbook or what people think about the playbook. Not if people love the ipad or hate it.
    12-13-11 07:32 AM
    I originally got an iPad2 for my wife, because that's what we thought she wanted. We recently got her a PB and I don't think she has touched her iPad since then; size is the main thing, it's small enough to carry around. Also, with it bridges to her BB, she actually has internet access on the go, we never wanted to get 3G and pay for that for the iPad.
    I thought that I'd like the iPad around because it has more games, but really, I don't have enough time to play games, and the games available on PB more than satisfy that need for me.
    12-13-11 07:41 AM
    OK since we are getting off topic.

1. I saw the Forbs post where the OP's title was "Blackberry owners want ipads-Forbes"

2. Due to the discussion I wanted to do a poll here where there is a large group of blackberry users to see how many here wanted an ipad.

3. In my OP I asked that bashing and harsh comments be left out. I guess that can't happen here.

4. The poll was open with voters names visible because if you do not own and use a blackberry you should not be voting.

5. The poll was not started to make anything or anyone look bad or to start a flame war.

6. There are members here of all devices that can be considered fanboys.

7. The playbook has nothing to with this poll other than if someone voted no it may be what they do want if they want a tablet at all.

8. The ones who say they don't see much blackberry bashing must not own one or visit the blackberry sections esp. the playbook section. And yes there are plenty of blackberry owners that bash it also as well as some that bash other devices.

9. I think I should've had the poll end sooner.

Thanks to all who voted and did not post ifad sucks or playbook sucks or have the delusion that I started the poll to start a flame war. Yes maybe in part to discredit the forbs poll as where else are you going to find more blackberry owners to ask? It could very well have turned out the forbs poll was correct.
    12-13-11 08:03 AM
    My work has purchased me a 9930 and a 16 GB PB to use. Love and use the heck out of both. The only real thing I see a need for improvement with the PB platform is the app ecosystem.

Bought my wife an ipad 2 for Christmas. Hate the size and form factor - hate the OS - but the apps available for it are quite good. Take a look at Evernote in the PB and Evernote in the ipad. Completely different pieces of software. I also just saw that Microsoft One Note was released for the ipad for Free. Wish that type of development would makes it way to the PB.
    12-13-11 08:48 AM
    No thanks. I do not want itunes on my machine.

App developers need to embrace the BB ecosystem better. I do not use many apps or play many games. I primarily browse and read ebooks but I do see some apps out there that I would love on my device. Still, that is not Rims fault.

NO ITUNES!!!
    12-13-11 09:27 AM
    Unfortunately, I am getting an Ipad through my wife's work. Long story, would rather have a Playbook.

It shows how poor RIM's corporate marketing is. A 175 medical provider is going to Ipad's for data and billing input.
    12-13-11 09:51 AM
    Ipad? No and no
    12-13-11 10:01 AM
    YES! I have one already but if I didn't I would want one. I need it for apps/games and web and it's like a super portable computer I use it everyday!
    12-13-11 02:56 PM
    As a BlackBerry owner, I did also want an iPad 2. Went out and got one. I hardly use either my BlackBerry or iPad 2 these days.

I will likely get the next generation of the iPad. My desire for the iPad stems from me and my gadgets addition. Admittedly, I didn't need a tablet at all, and still have no real use for it. I've resolved to using it more over winter break.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    12-13-11 03:09 PM
    We were at Disney's Ca Adventure a few weeks ago and this lady next to me was trying to capture the Magic of Color water/light show with an iPad. You can probably hear me snickering on the video she shot because it cracked me up every time I looked that direction. So big, plus I've seen the mediocre quality of the iPad cameras. I'm sure the few minutes I shot with my Torch look so much better. Plus, her arms must have been tired by the end...

One of the Dads on my sons little league team shot every single game with his iPad this year. It was the silliest, most awkward thing I've ever seen so reading your post made me lol.
    I will say that he submitted some video for our banquet this week and posted a few on youtube. The quality was probably as good as what I shot with my DSLR, but I still couldn't imagine running up and down the sideline with my ipad. I still believe when it comes to planned outing like Disney or sports, they make camcorders, and actual digital cameras for that.
    howarmat likes this.
    12-13-11 04:03 PM
    See, I think folks capturing events on 7" devices look only marginally less silly, but hey.

Now, lifting up the honker of an iPad to videotape an event does take the cake, though. Chalk it up to my admittedly unfounded bias against use of tablets as camcorders.
    12-13-11 04:20 PM
    No thanks. I do not want itunes on my machine.

App developers need to embrace the BB ecosystem better. I do not use many apps or play many games. I primarily browse and read ebooks but I do see some apps out there that I would love on my device. Still, that is not Rims fault.

NO ITUNES!!!
    IMO, BB Desktop Manger is 10 times worse than iTunes (for Mac that is). When I had a BB with Desktop Manager I had the stupidest problems with it and I eventually got to the point where I just uninstalled it and found other ways to manage my syncing.
    12-13-11 05:09 PM
    See, I think folks capturing events on 7" devices look only marginally less silly, but hey.
    It's really not much different than a camcorder with the display open, except that the entire thing is your display.
    12-13-11 05:19 PM
    i would love an ipad but way to expensive and i would not mind a playbook and bridge it with my blackberry for when i am at home or so...
    12-13-11 05:34 PM
    I have both, and I don't use the iPad 2 except when required for work or playing a game that's only available on iOS.

The iPad 2 browsing experience is light years ahead of the PB, even without flash. Never had an incompatibility problem with websites or any checkering. Everything loads instantly.

For some reason though, I always come back to the PB for browsing. I like the 7" size, even though there's a lot of mistaken taps with a tablet that size. There's just an emotional quotient with the PB that the iPad doesn't have for me, which is surprising because Apple products tend to appeal to people emotionally.
    Last edited by vert3; 12-13-11 at 07:17 PM.
    12-13-11 07:14 PM
    The only use I have for Apple products is to sell them to buy Blackberry products.
    No. If I won one I'd sell it to the Apple cult.
    Seriously, with comments like these what results did you expect from these forums. You know the fanbois will just take any opportunity to bash Apple.

I voted yes, although as someone said earlier I think its overpriced and I can get a good laptop for the same price. But it all depends on what your need is. For browsing and entertainment I think its ideal. I find the PB's screen too small but the trade-off is that it is easier to travel with. I think it would be great for home use.

BTW, I am a BB owner and perfectly happy with my Torch...until Milan comes out.
    12-13-11 07:26 PM
    Seriously, with comments like these what results did you expect from these forums. You know the fanbois will just take any opportunity to bash Apple.

I voted yes, although as someone said earlier I think its overpriced and I can get a good laptop for the same price. But it all depends on what your need is. For browsing and entertainment I think its ideal. I find the PB's screen too small but the trade-off is that it is easier to travel with. I think it would be great for home use.

BTW, I am a BB owner and perfectly happy with my Torch...until Milan comes out.
    Well nothing wrong with the first one. Nothing bashing or derogatory about it. The second one yes. I believe there hasn't been any comments like that for awhile now has there?
    NFLPLAYBOOK likes this.
    12-13-11 07:29 PM
147 ... 3456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD