View Poll Results: You own a Blackberry. Do you want an iPad?

Voters
271. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

68 25.09%
  • No

203 74.91%
    Could be dude but that isn't what the Forbs poll was about now was it?
    1) Forbes only ran a summary article. The poll was run by Maritz Research
    2) Your poll has little relevance to the Maritz poll; yours is not as open ended and doesn't match the neutrality of the original poll question

Respondents were asked which of 14 tablets (from 11 different manufacturers) they would choose if they were to buy a tablet
    Had you really wanted to mine BB user data in a similar fashion, you would have asked, "You own a Blackberry phone and you want to buy a tablet. Which one of the following 14 tablets would you choose?" FWIW, that actually would have been an interesting result, particularly if one could do a multi option poll that further broke down PB choosers' by sale/ regular price.
    12-12-11 09:16 PM
    Its not here to debunk Forbes? Debunking media when they mislead people serves no purpose? The thread isn't about the PlayBook its about the iPad.
    You claim this thread is not here to debunk Forbes. I think you're wrong. My opinion. What about the article is misleading? Over half of the BB owners surveyed said they would rather have an iPad than a PB. Do you dispute that claim? On what basis? By claiming the results are false with no basis in fact means that you are trying to mislead, not the media. And, yes, the thread isn't about the PB; it's about the iPad. That is exactly the problem.

This thread was put up directly BECAUSE of the Forbs thread, claiming BlackBerry users want iPads, go to a BlackBerry site and do the poll. Forbs did a sensationalizing title,
    Yes! This thread is here to try and counter the facts presented in the Forbes article. If you think that a self-selecting sample will somehow invalidate the facts, that is your problem, not mine. What was sensational about the title?

As the IT guy for an all BB company, I can tell you that none of those engineers, scientists, and mechanics have even heard of crackberry.com. The vast majority of any user base does not spend time posting comments on fan sites. That is exactly the wrong place to go for unweighted opinions about technology.

Unfortunately, after you are all done with your "poll", the truth will be that the majority of BB users who want a tablet would rather have an iPad than a PB. The trend is actually getting worse for RIM. The last poll I saw on the matter several months ago wasn't quite as bad. As time goes on, more BB users are choosing iDevice solutions more than ever. There is more churn from RIM customers than any other group.

There are lots of polls and much research to bear that out. Trying to get a lot of people to say that they don't like Apple on a fan site is meaningless. It refutes nothing. It only proves this is a BB fan site. Great! You proved it. Perhaps effort would be better spent on addressing the real issue of BB churn. That is less about Apple and its products, and more about RIM and its products.
    TGR1, Mr.Willie and JBenn911 like this.
    12-12-11 09:16 PM
    I'm not a BlackBerry owner any longer and I didn't vote in the poll but I'm going to respond anyway.

I would not BUY an iPad for $500. Of course, I'd happily accept it as a gift.

I'm actually not a big tablet or eReader person but my in-laws are getting me a Kindle Fire for Christmas. They insisted and I couldn't think of anything else I'd want in its place, so I'm looking forward to having a tablet and giving it a try.

In regards to all the negative Apple comments, to each their own. It's a freaking tablet. I don't care what tablet anyone else uses and I don't care what anyone else thinks about my "choice" in tablet or anything else I choose to buy for that matter. Everyone needs to chill and just answer the question the OP asked.

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk
    Last edited by moiselles; 12-12-11 at 09:30 PM.
    12-12-11 09:28 PM
    Do not want or need an Ipad, already have an ipod touch and 13" macbook, why would I get a 10" same thing.

I'm getting a Playbook.
    12-12-11 09:35 PM
    No but anyone can report someone. And I'm not just talking about apple fans I will report bb/playbook fans for making bashing comments also.

So far haven't and wont any previous post but am tempted from now on.
    Ok, I was just curious. I thought there used to a block feature
    12-12-11 09:39 PM
    2) Your poll has little relevance to the Maritz poll; yours is not as open ended and doesn't match the neutrality of the original poll question

Had you really wanted to mine BB user data in a similar fashion, you would have asked, "You own a Blackberry phone and you want to buy a tablet. Which one of the following 14 tablets would you choose?" FWIW, that actually would have been an interesting result, particularly if one could do a multi option poll that further broke down PB choosers' by sale/ regular price.
    Precisely. There's a reason there are research companies from which people and journals buy results.

In all honesty, all this tells us is that BlackBerry owners that love their BlackBerry devices enough to spend time on a forum for BlackBerry enthusiasts would rather have a tablet made by the same company that makes their phones instead of a different company that a good portion have an intense dispassion for at some level.

It fails, however, to debunk or change in any way the Forbes article's published results of Maritz Research's study based on the fact that:

a) This forum would be anything but a random sampling of BlackBerry owners (considering the immense bias being an enthusiast site. Newsflash: not everyone who owns a BlackBerry visits here)

b) As stated above, the original question was neutral and as open ended as possible; although honestly the most open-ended approach would be, "What tablet would you buy right now if you had the financial backing to do so?" instead of providing a list of choices. But anyway...
    12-12-11 09:42 PM
    Of course, I want an iPad; I like technology (sometimes) and want one of each type and size of tablet out there. I think those voting "no" either don't like technology, don't understand the question, which doesn't require them to prefer the iPad to the Playbook, or, haven't seen the iPad, which really is a very capable large tablet.
    12-12-11 09:50 PM
    No but anyone can report someone. And I'm not just talking about apple fans I will report bb/playbook fans for making bashing comments also.

So far haven't and wont any previous post but am tempted from now on.
    There were a few, to be honest. One person said he didn't want an iPad so he didn't look like a "dooshbag" when he used his tablet in public. Another said he didn't "belong to cults". That is bashing, IMO.

12-12-11 09:52 PM
    No. I bought one for my daughter. I don't care for em at all.
    12-12-11 10:10 PM
    i have several blackberries, iphones, an ipad 2, playbook and a samsung android tablet.

i used a curve for many years until i switched over to the iphone.
    i'm a huge tech enthusiast and couldn't pass up a $200 tablet so i got the playbook.

owning all of these, if i had to go back and only choose one tablet, i'd most likely choose the ipad 2 at this current time. but who knows whats up ahead?
    12-12-11 10:18 PM
    We have a playbook, an Ipad, and an Ipad 2. The ipads only get used by our kids. They are a huge source of frustration for my wife as they continually drop wifi signal. In fact... she's ready to abandon apple completely at this point.
    12-12-11 10:24 PM
    And you would know how? As I've said if you don't have anything nice to say about either keep it to yourself. And that is just your opinion.

Are you all trying to get this closed? Sorry not going to do it. But I just might start using that little button.

Thanks
    what im not allowed to express my personal opinion on here? playbook has tons of issues. sure it has decent hardware but the app selection is absolutely junk. thank you for reporting me though, keep up the good work and your blind ideology!
    12-12-11 10:25 PM
    Of course, I want an iPad; I like technology (sometimes) and want one of each type and size of tablet out there. I think those voting "no" either don't like technology, don't understand the question, which doesn't require them to prefer the iPad to the Playbook, or, haven't seen the iPad, which really is a very capable large tablet.
    can you please explain me this secret technology and innovation that others are missing.
    I sure dunno, cause my ipad2 does the exact same thing my ipod does.
    12-12-11 10:29 PM
    I voted No because the IPad is simply too big in my opinion - I might as well lug my 13" Toshiba laptop around. The PB is a little bigger than my 9900 and yet I can still slip it into my bag or a large pocket.

Bonnie
    12-12-11 10:37 PM

Question mark - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You ever consider Decaf?
    Last edited by olblueyez; 12-12-11 at 11:03 PM.
    12-12-11 10:59 PM
    Simple yes or no vote. Do you or would you like to buy an iPad for yourself?

Thanks

Edit: Due to some questions I added the buy part. Also it's been good comments so far. Let's keep bashing and harsh comments out please.
    Yes I am posting this from Android on my hp tablet. My ipad 2 is charging and I used my playbook at work all day.
    12-12-11 11:03 PM
    Had an iPad 1...used it for 6 months and dumped it for the PB. The PB worked better and continues to suite MY needs better than an iPad. To each his own.
    JBenn911 likes this.
    12-12-11 11:33 PM
    You need a third option, " Already have an iPad" or "Bought an iPad before I had a BB phone".

Maybe Blackberry owners wnt one but I'm guessing playbook owners likely don't. Once you have the PB and get used to reading on it. I can't see wanting an iPad.

Honestly the only thing I wish is more people owned the PB and it was seen as the viable alternative it should be. For some reason it bothers me that ignorant people think the iPad is better than the PB. Buying an iPad is not a fiscal stretch for me at all. If I wanted one I'd have one.
    Yep, I wish more people did too. Unfortunately without native email, contacts, or calendars, it's kind of incomplete for those people that do not own BB phones.
    12-13-11 12:44 AM
    I misunderstood, sorry. I thought it was for people who want an IPad, but didn't know the yes could possibly equal me buying it for myself. I said yes, but due to the edit, I'd meant prefer no
    12-13-11 01:07 AM
    No. I don't want any apple products except their macbooks. But if its the Playbook. its a Big fat YES! why? Bridge is one of my reasons.
    12-13-11 03:10 AM
    No.. I already have an iPad 2 and a Motorola Xoom and a Samsung Galaxy Tab.. and of course, a PlayBook... and something else.... oh, right -- an HP TouchPad.
    JBenn911 likes this.
    12-13-11 03:29 AM

OK then make another poll yourself then. The Forbs headline was..... you know.

It's not about bashing any of them or anything you all read into it. It's about bb owner on a bb site if they want an ipad. Yes or no. Either answer is fine. People can own more then one manufacturers product.
    12-13-11 04:47 AM
    I misunderstood, sorry. I thought it was for people who want an IPad, but didn't know the yes could possibly equal me buying it for myself. I said yes, but due to the edit, I'd meant prefer no
    Yes, sorry I added that as some were saying for the kids, parents etc. So I added for yourself unless your kids or parents own a blackberry.
    12-13-11 04:49 AM
    There were a few, to be honest. One person said he didn't want an iPad so he didn't look like a "dooshbag" when he used his tablet in public. Another said he didn't "belong to cults". That is bashing, IMO.

agreed, that would be Bashing on a neutral forum, BUT this is not a neutral forum, this is meant to be a forum for BlackBerry Fans,

Just like on a Forum for the Red Sox people are free to bash the Yankee's
    Clinto and Jake Storm like this.
    12-13-11 05:26 AM
    Yes! This thread is here to try and counter the facts presented in the Forbes article. If you think that a self-selecting sample will somehow invalidate the facts, that is your problem, not mine. What was sensational about the title?

As the IT guy for an all BB company, I can tell you that none of those engineers, scientists, and mechanics have even heard of crackberry.com. The vast majority of any user base does not spend time posting comments on fan sites. That is exactly the wrong place to go for unweighted opinions about technology.

Unfortunately, after you are all done with your "poll", the truth will be that the majority of BB users who want a tablet would rather have an iPad than a PB. The trend is actually getting worse for RIM. The last poll I saw on the matter several months ago wasn't quite as bad. As time goes on, more BB users are choosing iDevice solutions more than ever. There is more churn from RIM customers than any other group.

There are lots of polls and much research to bear that out. Trying to get a lot of people to say that they don't like Apple on a fan site is meaningless. It refutes nothing. It only proves this is a BB fan site. Great! You proved it. Perhaps effort would be better spent on addressing the real issue of BB churn. That is less about Apple and its products, and more about RIM and its products.
    It's a fan site, what real issues can be addressed??

Purpose of a fan site is to talk with fans, help fans, and be happy with ones brand, this poll, though meaningless when it comes to statistical analysis does just that, will this poll get reported in the media? Nope, but as a BlackBerry fan user base it shows that not 53% of us want iPads.

The Title was sensationalized, as it should simply have said, "iPad still most desired tablet" the research was not conducted to find the opinions of BlackBerry users, it was done to see the popularity of the tablet with smartphone users, by using BlackBerry in the title it is to elicit the reactions like this on fan sites, both Pro BlackBerry and Pro Apple generating page hits for their advertisers. if BlackBerry wasn't in the title, it wouldn't get the same circulation.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-13-11 05:34 AM
147 ... 23456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD