View Poll Results: You own a Blackberry. Do you want an iPad?

Voters
271. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

68 25.09%
  • No

203 74.91%
    LOL, you mad? Is there a particular reason you feel the need to protect Apple's feelings? The same could be said for the lPhone/iPad sub-forum... Just shut it down...
    Mad? Nope. I have been on a bit of a campaign to prove that the negativity that so many have complained about on these boards is, in fact, coming from the BB faithful, not outsiders looking to start a fight. It is useless, negative threads like this that start the fights. The subforms you mentioned do not serve as RIM bashing havens for BB haters. This thread, and countless like it, do serve only one purpose, to give anti-Apple sentiment a voice. That is why it should be closed. All other pretenses are just rank hypocrisy.

I have often said that this community really loves all the bashing and fighting. They just like being the only ones throwing the punches.
    12-12-11 05:00 PM
    I have an iPad 2, and will likely consider the iPad 3 eventually.

Why? The apps: I wanted a device that would entertain me on long business trips (I've flown overseas quite a bit in the last few years), and the iPad wins in that department due to the vast choice of apps. This is where the PB sorely lacked, there's just not enough content at the moment to keep me interested. As well, the kids love the kid-friendly games on the iPad, keeps them nice and quiet on road trips...again, it's the content thing.

A PB would have been a nice addition to my Torch 9800 if it had a similar content as what the iPad offers, but I couldn't justify it in the end. Whilst Bridge is nice, it doesn't do anything for you when you're stuck 15 hours in a plane on the way to China. We'll see what RIM does in 2012 with the PB, maybe that'll change my mind on getting the iPad 3...
    JBenn911 likes this.
    12-12-11 05:03 PM
    I'm pretty sure this is what is called a self-selecting group. Of course loyalists on a BB-centric forum would answer this way. I suspect that is why they question was asked, to bolster the troops. I get it.

However, if you want a useful answer, you might try asking the people from the recent survey the same question. Better yet, just read the results:

BlackBerry Owners Want iPads And So Do Android And Windows Phone Owners: Survey - Forbes
    Maybe Blackberry owners wnt one but I'm guessing playbook owners likely don't. Once you have the PB and get used to reading on it. I can't see wanting an iPad.

Honestly the only thing I wish is more people owned the PB and it was seen as the viable alternative it should be. For some reason it bothers me that ignorant people think the iPad is better than the PB. Buying an iPad is not a fiscal stretch for me at all. If I wanted one I'd have one.
    12-12-11 07:05 PM
    I'm pretty sure this is what is called a self-selecting group. Of course loyalists on a BB-centric forum would answer this way. I suspect that is why they question was asked, to bolster the troops. I get it.

However, if you want a useful answer, you might try asking the people from the recent survey the same question. Better yet, just read the results:

BlackBerry Owners Want iPads And So Do Android And Windows Phone Owners: Survey - Forbes
    Well the Fobes poll says bb owners want ipads. Where better to find a lot of bb owners to find out? Anyone can vote either way. It makes no difference to me if someone would like to buy one.
    12-12-11 07:30 PM
    Maybe Blackberry owners wnt one but I'm guessing playbook owners likely don't. Once you have the PB and get used to reading on it. I can't see wanting an iPad.

Honestly the only thing I wish is more people owned the PB and it was seen as the viable alternative it should be. For some reason it bothers me that ignorant people think the iPad is better than the PB. Buying an iPad is not a fiscal stretch for me at all. If I wanted one I'd have one.

I think after the deep discount sale a lot more people do have them. Mine just shipped from ordering over a week ago. Hopefully it makes a good impression and people will be interested in the upcoming BB10 devices.
    12-12-11 07:32 PM
    Simple yes or no vote. Do you or would you like to buy an iPad for yourself?

Thanks
    We have both the Ipad 1 and Ipad 2 at the house, and neither impress me that much. It's super smooth and has awesome games, but honestly, more often than not I find myself swiping from the bezel
    12-12-11 07:34 PM
    Mad? Nope. I have been on a bit of a campaign to prove that the negativity that so many have complained about on these boards is, in fact, coming from the BB faithful, not outsiders looking to start a fight. It is useless, negative threads like this that start the fights. The subforms you mentioned do not serve as RIM bashing havens for BB haters. This thread, and countless like it, do serve only one purpose, to give anti-Apple sentiment a voice. That is why it should be closed. All other pretenses are just rank hypocrisy.

I have often said that this community really loves all the bashing and fighting. They just like being the only ones throwing the punches.

This is a perfect example of a FAN site thread, it is negative to those who are not BlackBerry fans, then one must ask, WHY are they here??

This thread was put up directly BECAUSE of the Forbs thread, claiming BlackBerry users want iPads, go to a BlackBerry site and do the poll. Forbs did a sensationalizing title,
    grover5 likes this.
    12-12-11 07:34 PM
    if RIM isnt around in 4 years then I will probably go iPhone over android, but as long as RIM is making phones im not going any where
    12-12-11 07:35 PM
    Not picking on you in particular. This was just the next post. Let's drop the passive/aggressive nonsense. This thread is not about polling for honest opinions. This is just an outlet for the faithful to express how much they dislike Apple. This is just a thinly disguised Apple bashing thread. It serves no purpose, answers no member's questions about the PB, and only invites controversy, or unabashed bashing. Surely it can be closed by now.
    dandbj I think you just need to accept not everyone is in love with apple. It's great you love them. I don't care for the remarks like that either and asked to keep them out but I can't stop them. I haven't seen any terrible remarks about your precious apple.

And yes it is about honest opinions and yes some dislike apple, so what? There are plenty of bb users on this forum that don't own a playbook and even talk crap about it. I made the poll to find out how close it would match up to the Forbs poll.

Now if you would like to vote and please ignore the comments or get out I'd would appreciate it. If you don't want to vote then stay out all together.

Thank you.
    12-12-11 07:42 PM
    This is a perfect example of a FAN site thread, it is negative to those who are not BlackBerry fans, then one must ask, WHY are they here??

This thread was put up directly BECAUSE of the Forbs thread, claiming BlackBerry users want iPads, go to a BlackBerry site and do the poll. Forbs did a sensationalizing title,
    Yep. I doubt it sinks in but at least somebody gave it a shot.
    12-12-11 07:43 PM

Hey its ok not to like Blackberrys, my suggestion go bite an Apple
    12-12-11 07:56 PM
    Biggest ripoff and shows you what really good marketing does. If you have an ipod you already have an iphone and an ipad. One is just a bigger version of the latter all running the same exact OS. My sister in laws ipad, iphone and ipod all look identical style wise and OS wise. Only difference is screen size and one has a phone app.
    Ripoff? I don't think so. I have done more on my iPad and iPhone 4S than I did on my Blackberry devices. They provide a level of productivity that is unmatched in the Blackberry realm. I was a huge Blackberry fan but switched because Blackberry wasn't keeping up with the times.

You have to hand it to apple though. Their marketing makes a giant ball of Sh*t shiny and makes people want to buy it.
    Or you could hand it to RIM. No marketing at all and they produce the Playbook which IS "a giant ball of shiny Sh*t." The difference is that people actually bought the iPad. The Playbook struggled because it was released unfinished.
    12-12-11 07:57 PM
    Not picking on you in particular.
    Well you quoted me so I will be addressing every statement you made.

This was just the next post.
    In your own context I would appreciate you calling it "My Opinion" from now on. I am not a follower and I don't "Post" as you like to call it, so I can hop on some bandwagon to trash or defend anything if its not my "Honest Opinion".

Let's drop the passive/aggressive nonsense.
    Now my opinion is "Nonsense" but you complain about others and myself for being "Passive/Aggressive".

This thread is not about polling for honest opinions.
    Now you have become a mind reader and know what everyone was thinking when they submitted a post in this thread. You also imply that other people you don't even know "Are Dishonest"?

This is just an outlet for the faithful to express how much they dislike Apple.
    People who don't like Apple should be censored? How very Applish of you.

This is just a thinly disguised Apple bashing thread. It serves no purpose, answers no member's questions about the PB, and only invites controversy, or unabashed bashing.
    Its not here to debunk Forbes? Debunking media when they mislead people serves no purpose? The thread isn't about the PlayBook its about the iPad. "Unabashed Bashing"? Is that English?

Surely it can be closed by now.
    You decided for all the other members on this large forum and for the Moderators and Staff at Crackberry that this thread should be shut down? All by yourself?

Let me axe you something, you own an iPad?
    Last edited by olblueyez; 12-12-11 at 08:10 PM.
    kbz1960 and T.D0T like this.
    12-12-11 08:01 PM
    Ripoff? I don't think so. I have done more on my iPad and iPhone 4S than I did on my Blackberry devices. They provide a level of productivity that is unmatched in the Blackberry realm. I was a huge Blackberry fan but switched because Blackberry wasn't keeping up with the times.

Or you could hand it to RIM. No marketing at all and they produce the Playbook which IS "a giant ball of shiny Sh*t." The difference is that people actually bought the iPad. The Playbook struggled because it was released unfinished.
    And what do you have for a device? Do you own a blackberry? The poll is about blackberry owners wanting an ipad and you voted which skews the results if you do not own one.

I WILL ASK AGAIN ON ALL SIDES. PLEASE KEEP NEGATIVE COMMENTS ABOUT ALL DEVICES TO YOURSELF OR ANOTHER THREAD. IT IS NOT ABOUT IF YOU HATE OR LOVE ANY OF THEM.

Also if you do not own a blackberry please don't vote. Thank You.

Sheese
    12-12-11 08:08 PM
    I have one, best of both worlds for me. LOVE my iPad for games/apps/notetaking. Love my Blackberry as my phone, but I really do love the iPad as a multimedia tablet. I think the QNX OS will be amazing on a smartphone, but I've never loved the Playbook compared with my iPad. Just personal preference
    JBenn911 likes this.
    12-12-11 08:24 PM
    I have one, best of both worlds for me. LOVE my iPad for games/apps/notetaking. Love my Blackberry as my phone, but I really do love the iPad as a multimedia tablet. I think the QNX OS will be amazing on a smartphone, but I've never loved the Playbook compared with my iPad. Just personal preference
    Thanks. Now this is how someone that does or does not like one or the other should post. Nothing wrong with saying you like or don't like either.

It would be nice to have at least one thread that doesn't turn into a bash fest.
    12-12-11 08:30 PM
    LOL half of these people didnt even give ipad a try for more than 48 hours. playbook is ****, no apps at all and the screen size is too small.
    12-12-11 08:32 PM
    LOL half of these people didnt even give ipad a try for more than 48 hours. playbook is ****, no apps at all and the screen size is too small.
    And you would know how? As I've said if you don't have anything nice to say about either keep it to yourself. And that is just your opinion.

Are you all trying to get this closed? Sorry not going to do it. But I just might start using that little button.

Thanks
    12-12-11 08:47 PM
    And you would know how? As I've said if you don't have anything nice to say about either keep it to yourself. And that is just your opinion.

Are you all trying to get this closed? Sorry not going to do it. But I just might start using that little button.

Thanks
    I love that little button. It possesses so many magical powers...
    12-12-11 08:50 PM
    One way to look at it is: if given the choice to get a free one (without already owning either) which one would you take?

Framed like that, and considering resale value, the question may be tougher to answer flippantly.
    12-12-11 08:51 PM
    One way to look at it is: if given the choice to get a free one (without already owning either) which one would you take?

Framed like that, and considering resale value, the question may be tougher to answer flippantly.
    Could be dude but that isn't what the Forbs poll was about now was it?
    12-12-11 08:54 PM
    Interesting question there...

Well, I think i always thought i wanted an iPad. So for mother's day i got my mom one. And it just felt like i was using a bigger version of my iPod Touch on the occasions i used it. It had alot of apps, but being one who at best uses 5-10 apps regularly per day, got bored of it really quickly.

Recently, got a playbook from DevCon Asia. All of the sudden the iPad seems like a giant brick. And the browsing on the Playbook is better, perhaps that's due to Flash and my Blackberry biasness.

12-12-11 09:02 PM

Thanks
    Are you referring to blocking people? Sorry, but how do you do that? Thanks
    12-12-11 09:02 PM
    Not that it matters, or that you will even read this... But coming from someone who uses Ipads from time to time, for extended periods, I can honestly say I love the playbook. Sure it has it's quirks, but it's a great device with fantastic hardware. My old roommate was a die hard apple fan and I always got a kick out of how much my distaste for apple irked him. I've used 'em all, and I ACTUALLY like blackberry. It's great
    12-12-11 09:08 PM
    Are you referring to blocking people? Sorry, but how do you do that? Thanks
    No but anyone can report someone. And I'm not just talking about apple fans I will report bb/playbook fans for making bashing comments also.

So far haven't and wont any previous post but am tempted from now on.
    Last edited by kbz1960; 12-12-11 at 09:09 PM. Reason: add not
    12-12-11 09:09 PM
147 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD