View Poll Results: You own a Blackberry. Do you want an iPad?

Voters
271. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

68 25.09%
  • No

203 74.91%
    No, I wouldn't buy one, but if anyone wants to give me a ipad as a gift (hint) I wouldn't turn it down.
    12-12-11 09:48 AM
    You know, every single person that I've either given or gotten to purchase a Playbook is just wowed by them.
    Just yesterday a guy told me that he loved his iPad and then he looked at mine as our 10 year old neighbor was watching X-Men on it.
    He said "Wow! I have X-Men but it does not look nearly as good on the iPad". His words not mine.
    Ultimately, if you own a BlackBerry it is just a fantastic deal to have a Playbook due to Bridge.
    That is today though. I just read that the iPad3 is going to be on sale by in three months. You may want to poll it again then.
    12-12-11 09:54 AM
    No, I prefer my Playbook. As a matter of fact im selling my iTab.
    12-12-11 10:31 AM
    Yes, I actually do want an iPad.

In all the years Apple has sold the iPod and iPhone, I have owned neither. I've used them, but never owned them. I own and use a 9930 and a 9700, and I use a PlayBook on a daily basis and it goes with me EVERYWHERE (It's been "flagged", if you're a Seinfeld fan...)

However, I would like an iPad just for the geek in me. That being said, I would also like a few Android tablets as well... I just like tech. I'd probably play around with the iPad a lil here and there, but more than anything I would just want one to have fun with. Maybe even a second iPad to jailbreak just for the geek factor...

Now, I would never actually shell out money for them like I would BlackBerry, and wouldn't even consider replacing my BB's with iPhones for my main devices...
    12-12-11 10:37 AM
    I have two playbooks and an Ipad2 and I don't want an Ipad. How's that!
    12-12-11 11:17 AM
    I have an iPad. I use it for teaching and some for class. the lack of flash is a bit of annoyance for school work but other than that I like it. Tried to play with a PB in BB today and it wasn't working. They had refurbs online for $150 earlier
    12-12-11 11:28 AM
    I'm afraid the only way you will find an updated and working one in bestbuy would be to have a phone with a wifi hotspot on it and set it up yourself. A person shouldn't have to do that.
    12-12-11 12:08 PM
    Nope.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    12-12-11 12:09 PM
    No, I'm happy with my PlayBook, if it ever comes the time I buy a tablet from other company it would be something from Samsung NOT the iPad
    12-12-11 12:17 PM
    Do not want
    12-12-11 12:22 PM
    Nope. The iPad is definitely nice ... I spent a little more time with my wife's when I broke my PB, and it's easy to see why it's the class of the field. But the proof, as they say, is in the pudding ... I bought another PB. And at those fire-sale prices, I got a 64GB this time, which I'm sure I'll never come close to using up. But hey, there it is. I don't want nothin' else. Just keep making this thing better.
    12-12-11 01:02 PM
    Ipad is too big, no flash, cost is crazy high. NO. Plus I have never been a big fan of cults.
    jorkat80 likes this.
    12-12-11 01:13 PM
    Too big.
    I don't want to look like a dooshbag every time i pull my tablet out in public.
    jorkat80 likes this.
    12-12-11 01:58 PM
    While I do love my Playbook, I do wish we had some of the apps that are out for iOs. Plus, I am getting tired of saying the sentance, "No, it's not a Kindle Fire."

Still, I don't want an iPad. I'll stick with Blackberry, thanks.
    12-12-11 03:33 PM
    Too big.
    I don't want to look like a dooshbag every time i pull my tablet out in public.
    We were at Disney's Ca Adventure a few weeks ago and this lady next to me was trying to capture the Magic of Color water/light show with an iPad. You can probably hear me snickering on the video she shot because it cracked me up every time I looked that direction. So big, plus I've seen the mediocre quality of the iPad cameras. I'm sure the few minutes I shot with my Torch look so much better. Plus, her arms must have been tired by the end...
    Jake Storm likes this.
    12-12-11 03:42 PM
    I own a blackberry. I don't need or want an iPad.
    12-12-11 04:02 PM
    I wouldn't getting an Ipad but no I wouldn't buy one. Main reason is I just like freedom (I'm not trying to say this sarcastically but I really do prefer not having to be chained to Itune/iCloud). I love customizing everything about my phone (Galaxy S w/ ICS ) and I see my girlfriend with her iphone and its just so boring. I don't play very many games either which is a big selling point for the Ipad.

The only apps I use are news/media related (tapatalk, twitter, fb, pulse etc.) so the billions apps on the app store has no use to me. And you also get used to the android market with everything being free basically so that's another reason why not.

The last would be the screen size. For me all 10 in. are just too big. (that's what she said) but I could definitely see myself purchasing the Samsung 8.9 which I think is the sweet spot.

the PB is perfect for me, screen is great, size is great, very fast web browser w/ flash, can play all my videos without having to convert. Fulfills mostly all of my needs. Just need a tapatalk/Pulse app and I'm set.
    12-12-11 04:02 PM
    i had an ipad, gave it away after a year, it just bored me. i will admit that i do bore easily, but since switching back to rim i do not find myself looking at the other gadgets. i just got my pb and so far love it.
    12-12-11 04:11 PM
    No, I don't want an I-Pad. I want a 10" Playbook that has native email, with my corp email, calendar, contacts and tasks. Come on RIM, help a brother out!!
    12-12-11 04:17 PM
    I'm pretty sure this is what is called a self-selecting group. Of course loyalists on a BB-centric forum would answer this way. I suspect that is why they question was asked, to bolster the troops. I get it.

However, if you want a useful answer, you might try asking the people from the recent survey the same question. Better yet, just read the results:

BlackBerry Owners Want iPads And So Do Android And Windows Phone Owners: Survey - Forbes
    12-12-11 04:28 PM
    I don't do Apple, they spend too much time and money figuring out how to screw people out of money.
    Clinto likes this.
    12-12-11 04:32 PM
    If I wanted an iPad, would I really have waited 8 months to be able to buy the PlayBook? And for a price all of you would laugh at me till death?
    12-12-11 04:34 PM
    I don't do Apple, they spend too much time and money figuring out how to screw people out of money.
    Not picking on you in particular. This was just the next post. Let's drop the passive/aggressive nonsense. This thread is not about polling for honest opinions. This is just an outlet for the faithful to express how much they dislike Apple. This is just a thinly disguised Apple bashing thread. It serves no purpose, answers no member's questions about the PB, and only invites controversy, or unabashed bashing. Surely it can be closed by now.
    moiselles likes this.
    12-12-11 04:40 PM
    Do I want one? Yes. Am I going to buy one? No. I feel they are very good tablets, probably best on the market all things considered, but not worth the price you have to pay to get a decent 32GB model.
    12-12-11 04:47 PM
    Not picking on you in particular. This was just the next post. Let's drop the passive/aggressive nonsense. This thread is not about polling for honest opinions. This is just an outlet for the faithful to express how much they dislike Apple. This is just a thinly disguised Apple bashing thread. It serves no purpose, answers no member's questions about the PB, and only invites controversy, or unabashed bashing. Surely it can be closed by now.
    LOL, you mad? Is there a particular reason you feel the need to protect Apple's feelings? The same could be said for the lPhone/iPad sub-forum... Just shut it down...
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-12-11 04:53 PM
147 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD