I have a general question.

I have a blackberry, Sprint Tour 9600 series. When I delete an email in my outlook on my computer, is it possible for it to delete from my blackberry as well? If so how do I do this? One of my clients has a Verizon BB and he would like to know the same thing. I figured no better place to find out then here.
    07-19-10 01:08 PM
    In Messages Options / Email Reconciliation, select your Message Service, then Delete On: Mailbox and Handheld. Then in Messages select Reconcile Now to delete in both places.
    07-19-10 02:25 PM
    Here are my observations regarding the matter, based on my own use of BB and Outlook.

Are you using a POP or IMAP email service? If it's IMAP, then yes, when it's deleted from Outlook it will eventually remove it from your Tour.

If you are using POP, deleting it from Outlook will NOT remove it from your Tour. This is because Outlook downloads from the POP server and stores the email on your computer. If you delete the message from your BB using the instructions posted above, it will prevent it from being downloaded to your computer. If you only delete it from the handheld, it will still be downloaded to Outlook because it is still on the server.

Hope that helps.
    07-19-10 02:34 PM
    If you are using POP, deleting it from Outlook will NOT remove it from your Tour. This is because Outlook downloads from the POP server and stores the email on your computer. If you delete the message from your BB using the instructions posted above, it will prevent it from being downloaded to your computer. If you only delete it from the handheld, it will still be downloaded to Outlook because it is still on the server.
    For some reason, I have not found that to be the case on my Pearl.

It will do that with my Exchange work email (with OWA since I don't have BES). But, with my home pop email, I can go for days without opening my Outlook at home since I see everything on my BB. Even if I delete an email on my BB - and select "mailbox and handheld" - when I do open up Outlook at home days later, all these emails still come in.

And "reconcile" is checked in the BIS for both accounts.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by joeldf; 07-20-10 at 07:56 AM.
    07-19-10 04:13 PM
    I have noticed other responses, such as "add my existing email account", but the thread then stated to choose "outlook (r) web access", but on my bb I do not have that option. What am I missing?
    10-27-10 03:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD