Our National news on CBC is doing a story on Blackberry, watching it as I type. The overall feeling of the news piece is pretty
    much negative. The consensus among the three commentators is that Blackberry is done within a year or so. Just my opinion
    on what I saw in the interview. I think Blackberry has to get the Q10 out sooner than later.
    03-17-13 08:46 PM
    Then why did they waste their resources building a native BlackBerry App?

A lot of people speak about BlackBerry like they know so much ****. They probably haven't even spent time with the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 08:48 PM
    Who were the three commentators? Journalists or financial analysts?
    03-17-13 08:51 PM
    CBC did the story, it wasn't CBC opinion, it was people who work at ng.other orgazizations that CBC were interviewing
    Then why did they waste their resources building a native BlackBerry App?

A lot of people speak about BlackBerry like they know so much ****. They probably haven't even spent time with the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 08:54 PM
    One was from the Huffington Post other two I didn't get their Bio's'
    03-17-13 08:56 PM
    The impression that I got was that none of them actually knew much at all about BlackBerry 10. The one person started talking about BlackBerry abandoning their strengths like messaging, editing, etc. One even just came out and said "I like my iphone".
    03-17-13 09:06 PM
    Surprised to hear that this is being said in Canada where I expect the Z10 to take 10% smartphone market share by the end of the year.
    03-17-13 09:10 PM
    I agree, they didn't seems to know much about Backberry and the new phones and OS but they had no problem going negative. Yes they did seem like loyal isheep. I am waiting for the Q10, wife has the Z10 and it is an awesome phone
    The impression that I got was that none of them actually knew much at all about BlackBerry 10. The one person started talking about BlackBerry abandoning their strengths like messaging, editing, etc. One even just came out and said "I like my iphone".
    Last edited by ontherock3; 03-17-13 at 09:16 PM. Reason: grammar
    03-17-13 09:15 PM
    I hate it when people who know nothing about the mobile phone industry give their opinion about BlackBerry. Since when does being a talk radio host or an editor of a newspaper qualify your predictions on the success or failure of a mobile phone company.

Posted via CB10
    DuexNoir, 00stryder and spike12 like this.
    03-17-13 10:05 PM
    LOL as soon as one of the commentators said Blackberry can't multitask like my iphone can I shut off the program.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 11:39 PM
    LOL as soon as one of the commentators said Blackberry can't multitask like my iphone can I shut off the program.

Posted via CB10
    That's weak.

Posted via CB10 with my Zed 10
    03-18-13 12:01 AM
    Forced myself to watch the whole thing.
    What a fluff piece. The three guest would be great at fluffing apple or stock shorters.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-13 12:26 AM
    http://www.cbc.ca/thenational/watch/

The BB discussion starts about 32.00 in.

I watched them talk again, and came away with an even stronger impression that there wasn't any due diligence as far as learning about the subject they were going to give commentary on. To be honest, they all sounded like they had formed opinions from overhearing snippets of conversations somewhere.
    03-18-13 07:42 AM
    The commentators did not have a clue about what they were talking about. Their commentary was nothing but hot air.

Posted via CB10 from my spectacular Z10
    03-18-13 08:05 PM
    The CBC is very anti-Blackberry. I think they resent any Canadian company that is not heavily dependent on government handouts like they are.

Also, any news organization that would ask the opinion of a Huffington Post "journalist" proves that they have as much integrity as Fox News.
    03-18-13 09:03 PM
    The huffington post analysts argument was that Z10 was not being discussed on their US site as opposed to the Canadian site, therefore the Z10 will not succeed.

The second analyst mentioned that since BB has abandoned their roots of messaging, email, etc.

Last one said that he does not see a business model because one software and two hardware does not make a company.

It's obvious these three literally have no idea what they're talking about. It really is as simple as that.
    03-18-13 09:38 PM
    The huffington post analysts argument was that Z10 was not being discussed on their US site as opposed to the Canadian site, therefore the Z10 will not succeed.

The second analyst mentioned that since BB has abandoned their roots of messaging, email, etc.

Last one said that he does not see a business model because one software and two hardware does not make a company.

It's obvious these three literally have no idea what they're talking about. It really is as simple as that.
    They would have gotten a better sound bite if they asked my mother about BlackBerry LMAO

Posted via CB10
    03-18-13 11:54 PM
    I hate it when people who know nothing about the mobile phone industry give their opinion about BlackBerry. Since when does being a talk radio host or an editor of a newspaper qualify your predictions on the success or failure of a mobile phone company.

Posted via CB10
    I assume then you rant against everyone on CB who doesn't work in the phone industry....oh....doh!!!!
    03-19-13 12:04 AM

Posted via CB10
    That's weak.

Posted via CB10 with my Zed 10
    It would be weak, but like most of the fantasy allegations in this and the other thread on this subject, it appears to be imagined? OP, perhaps I missed it. Can you point out who said this and when?
    03-19-13 12:16 AM