Of course it does. I think for myself, and avoid oxygen all the time.
    Oxygen is overrated.
    anon(9803228) likes this.
    12-23-16 07:34 PM
    In the terms of desktop OS.
    I'd say the same applies to mobile OSes.
    12-23-16 07:35 PM
    How can they be productive without playing YouTube videos in the background?
    Still one of my favorite BB10 fan boasts.
    12-23-16 07:37 PM
    It's 2016 and people still cling to the archaic notion that you can't be productive on a non-BlackBerry device? Insane.
    12-24-16 06:33 AM
    Insane is expecting that what's good for most is automatically good for all.

Insane is wasting time reading and posting in a forum dedicated to a device you have no interest in ever using.

Of course sanity, like productivity, is subject to definition.
    acovey and TCB on Z10 like this.
    12-24-16 07:48 AM
    Still one of my favorite BB10 fan boasts.
    I guess you guys never listen to music or the news while doing something else, like work...

Posted via CB10
    Linlithgow0 likes this.
    12-24-16 07:56 AM
    Oxygen is overrated.
    ... And has been overprescribed at times... But then I'm just an engineer...

Crowd generated CO2, tho, is an issue I've designed around, in a past life. Lol.
    12-24-16 08:50 AM

Insane is wasting time reading and posting in a forum dedicated to a device you have no interest in ever using.

Okay.... that was good....

Posted via CB10
    12-24-16 09:00 AM
    ... And has been overprescribed at times... But then I'm just an engineer...

Crowd generated CO2, tho, is an issue I've designed around, in a past life. Lol.
    That was even better... impressive... yer on a rolI.... may have to use that second one in one of my echo chamber meetings.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-16 09:06 AM
    I guess you guys never listen to music or the news while doing something else, like work...

Posted via CB10
    Most folks do. 5 YouTube Windows though?
    12-24-16 09:34 AM

Posted via CB10
    But the YouTube argument has nothing to do with the respective capabilities of Android or BB10, it has to do with how one specific app has been intentionally coded.

DTEK60 / Z30
    12-24-16 09:40 AM
    But the YouTube argument has nothing to do with the respective capabilities of Android or BB10, it has to do with how one specific app has been intentionally coded.

DTEK60 / Z30
    Can't Android do that now anyway?

Posted via CB10
    12-24-16 09:46 AM

Posted via CB10
    Not with the official free YouTube app. But there are many other apps and browsers that will allow it.
    Linlithgow0 likes this.
    12-24-16 09:49 AM

Posted via CB10
    Could be done for quite some time.
    12-24-16 09:49 AM

1. I made no such assumptions or expectations.

2. You don't know me, or know anything about what I'm interested in, so don't assume that you do.

3. This is true.
    12-24-16 12:15 PM
    1. I made no such assumptions or expectations.

2. You don't know me, or know anything about what I'm interested in, so don't assume that you do.

3. This is true.
    1. Never said you did. Topic of "insane" was introduced into the discussion. The expansion is general. For all I knew, you might have agreed with it? Despite the posting chronology, my post was not a reply to yours. It was an expansion prompted by your topic.

2. Again, never claimed to know you or your interests. The "you" in my sentence is a poorly chosen generalization referring to anyone who's feet fit the shoes. Sorry if that sounded personally directed toward you. It wasn't meant that way. I'd have replied with quote if it was.

Again, I apologize for any perception of personalization.

3. I'll leave definitions of sanity to qualified professionals. . As an engineer, defining "productivity" is frequently part of my job description. Independently quantified data validating relative productivity of relevant platforms is NOT publicly abundant. Afaik.
    acovey likes this.
    12-24-16 02:02 PM
    1. Never said you did. Topic of "insane" was introduced into the discussion. The expansion is general. For all I knew, you might have agreed with it? Despite the posting chronology, my post was not a reply to yours. It was an expansion prompted by your topic.

2. Again, never claimed to know you or your interests. The "you" in my sentence is a poorly chosen generalization referring to anyone who's feet fit the shoes. Sorry if that sounded personally directed toward you. It wasn't meant that way. I'd have replied with quote if it was.

3. I'll leave definitions of sanity to qualified professionals. . As an engineer, defining "productivity" is frequently part of my job description. Independently quantified data validating relative productivity of relevant platforms is NOT publicly abundant. Afaik.
    It's all good. Enjoy your holiday.
    idssteve likes this.
    12-24-16 04:28 PM

No need to apologise. Your comments were not directed at anyone personally and more importantly, remain valid. Keep em coming.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-16 05:11 PM

Posted via CB10
    I do all the time.

I use SiriusXM App and the Microsoft Office app suite (or any other app)

Works great. In fact, I'm listening to Chill (channel 53) as I type this.
    12-25-16 02:00 AM
    I do all the time.

I use SiriusXM App and the Microsoft Office app suite (or any other app)

Works great. In fact, I'm listening to Chill (channel 53) as I type this.
    TuneIn Radio automatically fires up thru BT after my 9900 detects it's in car cradle. Also have enough mp3s on 32G sd to drive coast to coast, and back, and never hear the same song twice. .

Listen at work when appropriate and time permits. Which isn't very often but nice to have the option. In fact, my coworkers frequently bluetooth their 99s into the breakroom sound system.

My music tastes range from Maybelle Carter (the original "guitar hero"!) thru Hendrix to John Williams...

Grandkids fell to sleep last night glued to Burl Ives' "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" Miracast to tv thru my Classic. They'd exhausted themselves spontaneously dancing to one of Burl's songs that I'd have never dreamed they'd even notice... Haha. The video of that precious event was captured and sent to family members thru 9900, with right arm firmly wrapped around wife.

Right now, Christmas morning, tree & presents awaiting still slumbering grandkids & their parents, I'm playing that sound track softly over living room bluetooth thru my 9900 while typing this. I'm typing this while waiting for reply from a client trouble shooting equipment troubles 11 time zones away... Comfortably thru 9900 in left hand while sipping coffee with right hand.

Two decades ago, I'd have been missing Christmas while driving to the office in order to address this trouble shooting issue... Merry Christmas!
    12-25-16 06:56 AM
    I'm as partisan a BlackBerry fan as anyone else on here, been hooked and still love reading the forum, but......
    I have been on a Priv for over a year and when I pick up bb10 now (my old Q10) it just feels old school and nostalgic, but not cutting edge. To me, it's like declaring listening to tapes is better than streaming music, or watching a VHS is better than using netflix. Yes an old format like BB10 is robust, like a tape or VHS, but times and technology has moved on.
    BB10 has stood still for 3 or 4 years while specs, tech, mobile communication (...) has eveolved and BB10 is in the classic nostalgic vault now. I love it like I like my vinyls, but it is old school. But definitely classic
    12-25-16 07:27 AM
    I'm as partisan a BlackBerry fan as anyone else on here, been hooked and still love reading the forum, but......
    I have been on a Priv for over a year and when I pick up bb10 now (my old Q10) it just feels old school and nostalgic, but not cutting edge. To me, it's like declaring listening to tapes is better than streaming music, or watching a VHS is better than using netflix. Yes an old format like BB10 is robust, like a tape or VHS, but times and technology has moved on.
    BB10 has stood still for 3 or 4 years while specs, tech, mobile communication (...) has eveolved and BB10 is in the classic nostalgic vault now. I love it like I like my vinyls, but it is old school. But definitely classic
    Hmm... When I pick up the "cutting edge" DTEK60 loaned to me for evaluation, I don't see new tech or old tech. I see BIG. When I pick up my PassPort, Classic or Z30, I don't see new tech or old tech. I see BIG. I ask myself: What part of BIG represents "new tech"??

When I pick up my "modern" embedded battery devices wired to a wall for charging, I don't see old tech, or new tech. I see WIRES. I ask myself: What part of WIRES represents "new tech"??

Times and tastes have certainly moved on but BIG & WIRED phones represent decidedly old school tech, imo. Nothing wrong with that, if that's what a person likes or needs.
    But, true technological progress adds new capabilities without compromising existing capabilities. Win-win.

For me, BIG & WIRED compromises "wireless mobility" in favor of other priorities. Legitimate as those other priorities might be, for some or most, re-orienting compromises shouldn't be confused with true technological progress. Imo.
    12-25-16 11:32 AM
    Hmm... When I pick up the "cutting edge" DTEK60 loaned to me for evaluation, I don't see new tech or old tech. I see BIG. When I pick up my PassPort, Classic or Z30, I don't see new tech or old tech. I see BIG. I ask myself: What part of BIG represents "new tech"??

When I pick up my "modern" embedded battery devices wired to a wall for charging, I don't see old tech, or new tech. I see WIRES. I ask myself: What part of WIRES represents "new tech"??

Times and tastes have certainly moved on but BIG & WIRED phones represent decidedly old school tech, imo. Nothing wrong with that, if that's what a person likes or needs.
    But, true technological progress adds new capabilities without compromising existing capabilities. Win-win.

For me, BIG & WIRED compromises "wireless mobility" in favor of other priorities. Legitimate as those other priorities might be, for some or most, re-orienting compromises shouldn't be confused with true technological progress. Imo.
    See, and for a lot of people big means they can do so much more with one device. Not my cup of tea (too big) but certainly works for many.
    12-25-16 02:31 PM
    Sounds like minimal standards of convincing. We are falling behind.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-16 06:21 PM

See, and for a lot of people big means they can do so much more with one device. Not my cup of tea (too big) but certainly works for many.
    Good points well made.

I suppose I didn't articulate my points well though.

I'm likening bb10 to cassettes, vhs, vinyl... strong, robust, dependable, nostalgic and classic. However like those formats, it has stood still and frozen in time. We are 3 years on and what we use mobile phones for has evolved.
    There is nothing wrong with using a Walkman, vhs player, BB10 or a technics 1200 if it meets your needs and use case. But when the op is asking why we are burying bb10 IMO it's because it has not evolved and there are too few that use it.
    Other OS' update every year and can be just as secure and productive.
    12-26-16 06:21 PM
141 12345 ...