I think it's sad we have to adapt to the majority. Whoever had a Bberry, certainly appreciates how intuitive, performant and smart the OS is. I feel I'm navigating very quickly and my phone seems literally more intelligent than any ios/Android. Putting tech specs away, camera, games and all that bull****s, I want my phone to be organized. Sadly, such a great OS was beaten by the world of apps, cause I see no other reason why Bberry had to convert to Android..

Posted via CB10
    rt2567, saxxman, SirSti23 and 4 others like this.
    12-15-16 04:34 PM
    I think it's sad we have to adapt to the majority. Whoever had a Bberry, certainly appreciates how intuitive, performant and smart the OS is. I feel I'm navigating very quickly and my phone seems literally more intelligent than any ios/Android. Putting tech specs away, camera, games and all that bull****s, I want my phone to be organized. Sadly, such a great OS was beaten by the world of apps, cause I see no other reason why Bberry had to convert to Android..

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry 10 fandom is accepting the loss, accepting than BlackBerry did what they were able to bring BlackBerry 10 as king of the hill, they aren't bad as BlackBerry android, but Just like with BlackBerry OS itself (irony because of the title), like Playbook OS and now with BlackBerry 10, we have to accept the death and look forward

Posted via CB10
    asvab7 likes this.
    12-15-16 05:54 PM
    BlackBerry needs to be profitable in what it does. BB10 with about 0.2% market share isn't. Competing in the Android space which has about an 80% market share, and no shortage of up to date apps makes a lot more business sense.

I would liked have like to stayed with BB10, but it just doesn't make sense for most people anymore. Having made the transition to Android, there's no reason to consider going back now.
    12-15-16 06:00 PM
    BlackBerry 10 fandom is accepting the loss
    News to me...
    12-15-16 06:05 PM
    News to me...
    Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.
    12-15-16 06:16 PM
    BlackBerry needs to be profitable in what it does. BB10 with about 0.2% market share isn't. Competing in the Android space which has about an 80% market share, and no shortage of up to date apps makes a lot more business sense.

I would liked have like to stayed with BB10, but it just doesn't make sense for most people anymore. Having made the transition to Android, there's no reason to consider going back now.
    Logic? BlackBerry android has even less than 0.1% of the 80%.
    The fact that they didn't succeed with BB10 did not at all lead to a better outcome with android. On the contrary, far fewer BlackBerry androids were sold, hence the decision to give up hardware altogether.
    Everybody at BlackBerry realized that they had no hope with BlackBerry android and they abandoned the fight and moved to software only.
    It wasn't the success of the android BlackBerry that did it. It was its failure that did it.
    srzjumper likes this.
    12-15-16 10:19 PM
    BlackBerry 10 fandom is accepting the loss
    They are? lol. Seems the majority think the new TCL deal is going to bring new BB10 devices.
    12-15-16 10:24 PM
    They are? lol. Seems the majority think the new TCL deal is going to bring new BB10 devices.
    Are the android BlackBerry fanboys accepting the failure?
    rt2567, JulesDB and berrydroid like this.
    12-15-16 10:25 PM
    If you find some, ask them and let me know.
    wojt7 likes this.
    12-15-16 10:28 PM
    Who's failure? The fact that the BBOS was dragging Blackberry down? The way I see it is that Blackberry is starting over again and to get back on the market again, it'll take time.
    nova_8 likes this.
    12-15-16 10:35 PM
    Logic? BlackBerry android has even less than 0.1% of the 80%.
    The fact that they didn't succeed with BB10 did not at all lead to a better outcome with android. On the contrary, far fewer BlackBerry androids were sold, hence the decision to give up hardware altogether.
    Everybody at BlackBerry realized that they had no hope with BlackBerry android and they abandoned the fight and moved to software only.
    It wasn't the success of the android BlackBerry that did it. It was its failure that did it.
    BlackBerry has been saying that they have been transitioning out of hardware and into software for some time now. The move from BB10 hardware to Android hardware to Android software is all part of that transition.
    12-15-16 11:24 PM
    The funny thing is the patience. BlackBerry created new market with BB10. But somehow they think it's not working. And previously they changed their path onto android. Not sure it's working Or they decide to do that so intelligence units can stop cracking BB10.

I really think BlackBerry need to recognise their niche and some niche don't need to aim for a mass market.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-16 03:55 AM
    The funny thing is the patience. BlackBerry created new market with BB10. But somehow they think it's not working. And previously they changed their path onto android. Not sure it's working Or they decide to do that so intelligence units can stop cracking BB10.

I really think BlackBerry need to recognise their niche and some niche don't need to aim for a mass market.

Posted via CB10
    The niche still has to be profitable.

Posted via CB10
    app_Developer, TgeekB and MikeX74 like this.
    12-16-16 05:52 AM

Posted via CB10
    What new market? They didn't create any new market. They entered into an already mature market dominated by Android and iOS with an unfinished product.
    12-16-16 06:21 AM
    While I agree with you OP, hard to blame anyone but Blackberry here.
    MikeX74 and Velocitymj like this.
    12-16-16 06:48 AM
    In the very end, everyone knows that BlackBerry 10 passed away Bla1ze, as you have sayed before, we have to love BlackBerry 10 for what it is, not for what it Will be

Posted via CB10
    Bla1ze, ck2nb and mrluky60 like this.
    12-16-16 08:51 AM
    I have had one BBOS (BB7) device (9810 slider), one BB10 device (Classic) and have just switched to a PRIV.

I bought the 9810 90% because it was a CANADIAN device and because I mostly used the phone for texting, so the keyboard intrigued me.
    I DO like BB10 a great deal - I could bop around my screen gracefully swiping away ... the Classic is still a great phone, in my opinion.
    Even though I am genuinely a fan of BB10, my setup at work let me to switch to the PRIV, the dreaded Android.

Admittedly, I'm a software geek (nearly 40 years in the business, going back to PUNCH CARD DAYS, eh!) and so I pick up software quickly.

In 3 days I have figured out enough of Android to be satisfied. Is it as elegant as BB10? NO. It is usable? YES. So, I'm going to live with it and continue to use BB PKB phones as long as I am able to.
    In my mind, Android is preferable to IOS, as that home button just drives me bonkers - I realize that Android is nearly the same, but having the 3 choices (I don't even know what they're called) seems to work better for me - I just despise that double-push in IOS.

So, BB10 is maybe dying - this fanboy is a bit sad, but I'm going to move on.

It's a bit like the folks who bemoan the days where "cars were made of real metal", but you could easily die in a low-speed collision. Today's cars fold up, but the vehicle takes all the violence of the impact allowing people to walk away from crashes that in "the good old days" would have left them DEAD.

Progress happens.
    12-16-16 09:47 AM
    I've given up on new BB10 devices from anyone. But if TCL sticks a proper RGB LED on the front of a BlackBerry Android phone next year, I'll be all over it.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-16 10:06 AM
    I've given up on new BB10 devices from anyone. But if TCL sticks a proper RGB LED on the front of a BlackBerry Android phone next year, I'll be all over it.

Posted via CB10
    RGB LED? it just showed individual "critical items" are so different... haha
    12-16-16 12:34 PM
    I looked at the Android phones; and I am choosing to stay with my Q10. It does everything I need it to. I will just save the extra money really.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-16 01:10 PM

Posted via CB10
    Sounds like you might be better off with a one plus 3/T with the subcription for BlackBerry 'extras' has rgb led, and great specs for a decent price

Posted via CB10
    bodjor likes this.
    12-16-16 01:28 PM
    Sounds like you might be better off with a one plus 3/T with the subcription for BlackBerry 'extras' has rgb led, and great specs for a decent price

Posted via CB10
    The Oneplus has RGB led? Well, I Will stick to the priv, but good to hear the 3T has it too

Posted via CB10
    12-16-16 05:14 PM
    Android users want to shop in the biggest supermarket. BB10 users want the best customer service. We all know Walmart runs over mom&pop. Such is the world.
    12-16-16 05:26 PM
    The Oneplus has RGB led? Well, I Will stick to the priv, but good to hear the 3T has it too
    Don't be cheap; what's one more device?
    12-16-16 06:42 PM
    Don't be cheap; what's one more device?
    Mercury is that "one more device", but it should be the same that the priv, is like seeing different genders twins

Posted via CB10
    Drg84 likes this.
    12-16-16 06:57 PM
141 123 ...