Hi,

In June I bought an 8120 Pearl locked to O2, which after unlocking used with a mobile company, Go mobile, which doesn't offer Blackberry services (neither does any other mobile company in my country).

Today they announced (Go Mobile, Malta) that in the near future they will offer Blackberry services (finally). If they are going to offer Blackberry services that means they will offer the OS branded to their name.

Can I "rebrand" my mobile to their OS? I.e. The startup picture would be Go Mobile and in the browser there would be the Edge settings of my mobile company? If yes how would I do it?

I currently have a 4.5 OS with the vendor.xml deleted.
    10-03-08 09:11 AM
    No, the on-screen logo and branding is permanently programmed into the device, it is there for life. It doesn't matter for practical operation, except your device looks a little different. You could get a replacement plastic for the body if yours is screen printed with the O2 logo, they are cheap and easily available from Cellular Accessories - Samsung, Panasonic, Sony, SonyEricsson, Mobiado, Motorola, NEC, HTC, 3G, Dopod/O but be aware you will pay more for shipping than for the part.

Your WAP settings are easy, you just go into the menus and change them as required. This is the only out-of-box default you would need to change to home your device to a different service provider.
    10-03-08 09:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD