03-26-10 09:30 AM
35 12
tools
    Here's my point of view, so you buy yourself a new blackberry and you say happy days, I have lots of memory now, and you start installing apps. Then you discover this apps start eating your battery or crash your blackberry. Slowly but surely you start deleting them one by one to restore your battery life and reliability. What you are left with is a blackberry that does the same stuff as a 5 year old blackberry.
    That's me right now anyway

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I have never had those memory issues that you have. That would suck. But still, I think there are s kit of people who enjoy BlackBerry devices for other reasons. It is one of the few smartphone that I believe are adequate without downloading any additional apps.

03-20-10 07:58 PM
    Here's my point of view, so you buy yourself a new blackberry and you say happy days, I have lots of memory now, and you start installing apps. Then you discover this apps start eating your battery or crash your blackberry. Slowly but surely you start deleting them one by one to restore your battery life and reliability. What you are left with is a blackberry that does the same stuff as a 5 year old blackberry.
    That's me right now anyway
    Optimize your OS as a matter of course and you'll be fine.

I currently have 52 apps and after 23 days with no restarts am sitting on 119mb
    file free. Battery life is no issue as I recharge as often as possible. But here's the
    thing, aside from that train wreck Viigo, no app has ever had a deleterious effect
    on my battery life.

Memory and power management are two of the things the BB does very well
    provided the end user does a bit of housekeeping.
    03-20-10 10:02 PM
    I see minor changes on the outside. But the changes on the inside are there, just need to keep up with the changes that are happeining with smartphones..
    03-20-10 11:05 PM
    I don't know about you people but I miss the scroll wheel.
    No track ball lint build up or lopsided track pad.

03-20-10 11:13 PM
    I don't know about you people but I miss the scroll wheel.
    No track ball lint build up or lopsided track pad.

Lol. I remember when RIM first migrated from the trackwheel to the trackball. Boy did hat take some getting used to, but after a while I loved it. Would HATE to go back to a trackwheel. Same now with the trackpad.

As far as the OS is concerned, I don't think it needs a 'complete' redesign just a few major changes.
    For one, don't run the OS on a JVM. Talk about old technology. Next, webkit browser W/ tabbed browsing, etc. I'd like to see widgets too. Not like those supposed "leaked" photos, but similar to android. Not really doable on let's say the 9700, but definitely a must have on the storm and the slider.
    Speaking of which, the BB OS is not made for touchscreens. RIM needs a separate touchscreen OS to run on those devices.
    Other than that I'm relatively happy. The Nexus One (especially now that its compatible with AT&T) is tempting me everyday but I'm sticking with blackberry because I am interested to see what's to come this year.

03-21-10 02:02 AM
    Or their bosses that didn't want to pay for training

Training??!!? what's that!?!?
    03-21-10 06:10 AM
    Amainggraceless, I take it you are a sales rep and is obvious you sell many different platforms, which leads me to believe you work as a 3rd party retailer? If so, I understand if you are tired of an old hat that hasn't changed to often when others have plus you have new platforms such as Andriod that are getting huge. I just don't see what is so negative about the OS honestly. Yeah it is old and whatnot, but has always worked really well for me and I am sure many others. I am sure if enough people bished about the "outdated" OS, that it would change drastically, not these little updated ones that are minor in comparison to a full makeover...Not everyone is in your position to where they sell phones for a living. I am sure you have your reasons why you don't like this or that as you make it quite apparent in every post I see from ya, however many people are happy with their unchanged phone, which to them is fine and as the ole adage goes, "don't fix what isn't broken" comes in to play. Yeah, yeah but it will be their deathbed or yada,yada, blah, blah. I am sure you could sell a 1 pound of you know what....so why do you care so much if you have all those different phones to chose from?

03-21-10 09:04 AM
    The battery killers- nimbuzz, IM+, smrt guard, twitter pulling every 10 minutes and some weather apps.
    The unreliable- quicklaunch, formula 1, several contact copying apps, some themes that just managed to slow everything down plus some more I can't even remember. Oh yes, opera+bolt browser, while both much faster then the standard one, they both didn't work trough bis, so basicly while you are browsing no emails or bbms come trough.

All deleted now. So what's the point then? When I get my 8707v I'll try to live with it for a week and the report back.

Last edited by belfastdispatcher; 03-21-10 at 01:19 PM.
    03-21-10 01:13 PM
    Amainggraceless, I take it you are a sales rep and is obvious you sell many different platforms, which leads me to believe you work as a 3rd party retailer?
    You are very wrong. I am an Accountant, and no, not for a retailer

What, so as far as you're concerned anyone who likes their BB is a "fanboy"?
    That is not what I said. What I did say is what "fanboys" are incapable of. Doesn't matter if it is
    BlackBerry, iPhone, Honda, etc.....
    03-21-10 03:10 PM
    Ok, been using this old 8707v for a few days and I am quite tempted to keep it. Purely for work I am so much more productive on it. This thing is fast, faster then the storm dare I say, browser is a bit basic but it loads fast and the trackwheel makes it so easy to select small links as it jumps from one link to the next.
    I am very impressed with it.

03-26-10 09:30 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD