I decided to wipe my BB and reinstall the OS (was having problems). Well I wiped it completely. Now Im trying to reinstall the OS via this guide. Reinstall OS. But Im having problems. First thing I notice is when I connect the BB to USB without the battery, the led is blinking red two times per blink. What does that mean? Next in device manager when I go to connect options it says "USB-Pin:-0". Didn't think much of it so I continued the process but after it says erasing the data in the reinstall process it ends with a error and doesn't continue. Any ideas?
    05-01-09 10:33 AM
    6. Select USB PIN this may take a few moments since there is no battery in the device. you might even have to select detect device in some rare cases.

THIS MAY FAIL THE FIRST OR SECOND TIME DONT WORRY JUST KEEP TRYING.
    There is your problem, you must have a good connection before you can proceed.

05-01-09 10:36 AM
    There is your problem, you must have a good connection before you can proceed.

Ive honestly tried like 15 times. But I havent tried a different USB port on my computer. As it usually connects with this USB port fine. Ill give it a try.
    05-01-09 10:42 AM
    Getting a connection is the challenge.

I have some concerns about the techniques suggested, in particular the instructions on battery handling.

What happens when you open BlackBerry Desktop Manager and connect your powered up BlackBerry?

If it recognizes your PIN number, you are ready to proceed. If not, try the Detect connection button.

If that still does not connect, pull the battery and force a restart. While it is starting, watch for a brief connection. If you see you PIN for just a moment, do it again but be ready to click the Next button during that moment.

Don't give up, it will connect eventually.

While it doing it's thing, check out this thread at CrackBerry.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/
    05-01-09 11:14 AM
    Getting a connection is the challenge.

I have some concerns about the techniques suggested, in particular the instructions on battery handling.

What happens when you open BlackBerry Desktop Manager and connect your powered up BlackBerry?

If it recognizes your PIN number, you are ready to proceed. If not, try the Detect connection button.

If that still does not connect, pull the battery and force a restart. While it is starting, watch for a brief connection. If you see you PIN for just a moment, do it again but be ready to click the Next button during that moment.

Don't give up, it will connect eventually.

While it doing it's thing, check out this thread at CrackBerry.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/
    I finally got it to work. Tried three different USB ports and then a couple of more tries and it finally worked.
    05-01-09 11:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD