Hello everyone, and sorry I'm new here so I'm not sure if this has already been solved (I tried finding an answer but couldn't). Anyhow, I'm having a very annoying problem with my BlackBerry Bold 9780 (running the latest update of OS6). The thing is, when making or receiving calls, I cannot hear anything (people on the other side of the line have reported that they can hear me), but I can only hear them once I activate speakerphone - which, needless to say makes calling people on my phone very uncomfortable and awkward, especially when it comes to private business.

I have tried all that I could think of to make the phone work as a phone on handset mode, but everything fell short. Device reboots were the first try, then software updates, then trying to change call settings, connecting it to a bluetooth speakerphone and taking it out (just to see if that changed anything) and connecting headphones/earphones. By the way, the phone now is also unable to recognize earphones and headphones - it's all either speakerphone or soundless handset.

Is anyone else struggling with this or does anyone have any ideas how to solve it? Thank you so much ahead of time.
    11-18-12 11:57 AM
    Try using BlackBerry desktop to reset the phone back to factory settings. You may/will lose some information but that should fix it. If all else fails take it in for service.
    11-18-12 12:13 PM
    I'm sorry to hear it. I empathize with you. When my bb randomly acquires a new problem it doesn't make me very happy. A couple questions- Did you recently update or reinstall your OS? Is there a chance that there has been moisture introduced to the device? My friend's 9900 had the speaker phone stop working for no reason but it turned out there was a little bit of water damage. Was there an app or a setting that you changed before this happened?
    11-18-12 12:23 PM
    Hey. I updated the software last week in the hope that it would fix it, this problem has been going on for a while. I'm not sure but I don't think there was water damage to it, though I have probably used it in the rain over the course of the year. Nothing about the apps that I remember (but I've had this for about 2 months so it's a little hard on my memory - I know, I should have dealt with it before) and pretty much the apps I use are your standard ones (BBM, Facebook, Twitter and What'sapp)
    11-18-12 02:03 PM
    Seriously, BlackBerry is *issing me off. Big time. I've just performed a factory reset or factory wipe and whatnot, spent a stressful hour on my computer and now have to update the damn phone all over again - for nothing because it still only works on speakerphone. What's more is that this is not the first frustrating pathetic random BB problem (heck, it's not even the first of the day) and I am hellishly sure it won't be the damn last. It's easy to see why people drop their Berries like a bomb and run towards competitor products.
    11-18-12 03:53 PM
    Maybe you have a stuck pin or dust inside the 3.5mm jack. Try to remove dust with a tooth pick and insert/remove your headset a few times.
    11-19-12 04:05 PM
    Seriously, BlackBerry is *issing me off. Big time. I've just performed a factory reset or factory wipe and whatnot, spent a stressful hour on my computer and now have to update the damn phone all over again - for nothing because it still only works on speakerphone. What's more is that this is not the first frustrating pathetic random BB problem (heck, it's not even the first of the day) and I am hellishly sure it won't be the damn last. It's easy to see why people drop their Berries like a bomb and run towards competitor products.
    Every device has there own issues BB is no exception. Maybe its time for a newer more up to date phone. I can beat the the issue is do to moisture of some kind.
    11-19-12 04:23 PM