Hi guys,

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, sorry if it isn't, but I'm wondering if any of you had experience with the blackberry online store before and how long was the order processing time... i.e. how long does it take before they actually ship the order?

I've placed an order yesterday around 4pm and it's still in "Received" status.

They do not provide any information on processing time on their site...

So if anyone had any experience with them, would you mind sharing it?

Thanks guys!

Ric
    Last edited by RicThot; 11-28-11 at 02:41 PM. Reason: typo
    11-25-11 10:26 PM
    Hi guys,

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, sorry if it isn't, but I'm wondering if any of you had experience with the blackberry online store before and how long was the order processing time... i.e. how long does it take before they actually ship the order?

I've placed an order yesterday around 4pm and it's still in "Received" status.

They do not provide any information on processing time on their site...

So if anyone had any experience with them, would you mind sharing it?

Thanks guys!

Ric
    seriously? its a holiday weekend. you may not see any updates until monday.
    11-25-11 10:51 PM

Yeah well thanks, I realized its a holiday weekend in the states, but I thought that in 2011, RIM would have some kind of automated ordering process like most of the online store does to at least process orders until the shipping process...
    11-26-11 10:08 AM
    Yeah well thanks, I realized its a holiday weekend in the states, but I thought that in 2011, RIM would have some kind of automated ordering process like most of the online store does to at least process orders until the shipping process...
    Those in the US assume when they have a holiday the World shuts down....

See if you can email or call the BB store.
    11-26-11 10:20 AM
    Those in the US assume when they have a holiday the World shuts down....

See if you can email or call the BB store.
    maybe i read it wrong. i assumed he meant he ordered it from the crackberry store, which ships out of florida. since he doesnt have any location info filled out, i dont know where he is from. and who knows, im sure RIM has outlets or warehouses in the US for US shipments. i doubt they will ship everything from canada, given the customs and tariffs needed for cross border shipping.

either way, from my experience with any online retailer, most orders placed on a friday afternoon into the weekend dont get fully processed until monday morning.
    11-26-11 10:26 AM
    Regardless the order should have gone beyond the 'received' status at this point.
    11-26-11 10:36 AM
    Thanks guys,

Maybe I should have mentioned I was located in Canada... To my defense, my initial post did mention BLACKberry store though

Being a Canadian company, I would guess/hope they have warehouses north of the border for Canadian orders, anyways, order is still in "Received" status and no payment date is showing in my order status either, I do see the credit card charge in my online VISA account though.

I've emailed support already on Friday but did not get a reply yet.

I guess I'll be patient until Monday evening then if nothing has changed I'll give them a call on Tuesday.
    11-26-11 05:01 PM
    Just noticed RIM have added the following to the online store entrypoint for PB tablets (this notice wasn't there when order was placed last Thursday):

Notice to Customers: Due to high volume of PlayBook orders, orders may take up to 7 days to ship
    I guess I'll use some patience
    11-28-11 12:08 PM
    that's coming in the next update......
    RicThot likes this.
    11-28-11 12:13 PM
    Same problem here, except I had to verify my CC info with them since i had a different bill to ship to addresses. My CC was charged but still see no info changing on my account info.

Just a little FYI, I ordered mine on the 24th(holiday in the states) and called CS and they were also closed due to the holiday. Recorded info said so.
    RicThot likes this.
    11-28-11 12:15 PM
    Same problem here, except I had to verify my CC info with them since i had a different bill to ship to addresses. My CC was charged but still see no info changing on my account info.

Just a little FYI, I ordered mine on the 24th(holiday in the states) and called CS and they were also closed due to the holiday. Recorded info said so.
    Thanks for the update.. at least I know it's just not me now!

I tried contacting phone support to make sure everything was allright with the order, can't even get a ringtone @ (866) 957-0761, how great is that!
    Last edited by RicThot; 11-28-11 at 02:42 PM.
    11-28-11 01:19 PM
    Yeah you have to keep trying. Took me 5 tries to finally get through and 2 hours hold time.
    11-28-11 07:17 PM
    Im in Toronto.
    I ordered last Thursday (NOV 24th )
    I called today (NOV 29th) to see the status ... and the rude person on the phone told me they didnt have an estimate time of shipping , and also that they can NOT guaranteed all there orders will be processed because they are receiving 1000s of orders a day.
    I really think I made a mistake ordering from RIMs website when I had the option to order from other place (at this point there is no other place I can order from)

The order status online still as Received

Anyone with better luck?
    11-29-11 01:15 PM
    Anyone have any idea what "inventory hold" means? My order status has been this since 11/26 and has not changed. I'm hoping that it means they've set one aside and are just waiting to throw it in a box and send it to me.

I called everyplace near Sacramento on the 25th to see if I could buy it in store, but nobody had it. Thought that ordering directly through RIM was good, especially with $10 discount and free shipping, but now I'm starting to get antsy, nervous, frustrated, etc.
    11-29-11 02:47 PM
    Got an email today from RIM, stating my order would be shipped in the next 5-6 business days.
    Last edited by RicThot; 11-29-11 at 06:05 PM.
    11-29-11 03:36 PM
    WOW....

What the F just happened here, got this email few minutes ago:

Dear Cardholder,

Your order number SBBCA[REMOVED] placed on the ca.shopblackberry.com website has been cancelled as it was flagged as a high risk transaction. If you wish to place a replacement order, kindly call our call center at 1-866-957-0761 and a customer service representative will assist you.

Very best regards,

The ShopBlackBerry.com Team
    Unbeleivable!
    11-29-11 08:40 PM
    Yikes - I just received the same note - "order cancelled as it was flagged a high risk transaction".

What does this evening mean?

Fortunately that was for a separate accessory purchase and not the PlayBook order itself.

I'll try to get through by phone in the morning, but I sincerely doubt I'll be able to reach anyone.
    11-29-11 10:19 PM
    I got the same message.

This morning I got an email saying it would take a few extra business days.

What the **** is high risk? All my info is correct. Visa said that they have no record of RIM trying to make any transaction, and the card was used several times after the RIM order.

This is why BB had to slash their prices, people are constantly being let down by their crappy customer service and shady products that everyone was jumping to apple. This is not going to help their reputation!
    BBisthefuture likes this.
    11-29-11 10:51 PM
    Count me in on the "high risk transaction" nonsense. The card I used has the transaction listed as "pending," but it's there. I'd made plenty of transactions since the 25th (and yes, this follows the 5-6 days stuff, which I WAS OK with).

This had better be a system hiccup (that is corrected ASAP). If I just got bumped to the back of the line, then you can put another scratch in the "severely disappointed" column w/RIM (and I LOVE my 9930). Not sure I'd want to wait them out (and at this point, suspect they fork over a refurbished or returned unit vs. a new one). The trust and competence issue is...well...now an issue.

How can a company expect to flourish when you can't even give them your money?! (That said, yes. I can appreciate AVOIDING potential false transactions, but seriously... This purchase is far from any kind of trigger-point I'd expect to set off alarm bells.) Apologies if I sound off the rack or a little trollish. Not the intent. Just a wee miffed (getting this "cancelled order" crap at 9:23pm!).
    11-30-11 12:23 AM
    I received a second cancellation notice due to high-risk transaction last night.... for the same order. So that's twice they follow up with me within 24hours, they're getting good!

EDIT -- EDIT -- EDIT

Just got off the phone with a nice lady from RIM online store phone support.

This email is their way of telling you the product is sold out! Wow... They are literally swamped with calls from extremly frustrated "customers", most of them swearing and shouting at the reps on the phone...

I know it's not this lovely representative fault if that happened and she has next to no control over what's happening, so I stayed calm, and she actually kind of felt bad for my case lol.

Anyways, tough luck guys, they don't have any 16gb model left so if you got the "high risk transaction" email, you're pretty much done!

Please remember whoever you will talk to over the phone can't do much about it and is not the person who actually control all this mess for RIM.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm done with them. This was my first and last customer experience with RIM. 200$ for a tablet like this was a real deal IMO, but it's not the end of the world.

Cheers and good luck to you guys!
    Last edited by RicThot; 11-30-11 at 09:16 AM. Reason: New updates...
    11-30-11 08:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD