I recently had a new computer (laptop) installed at my office. My old computer with Windows XP and Blackberry Desktop 4.7 was synchronizing fine with outlook via bluetooth and USB.
    The new laptop has XP SP3 installed and I first installed BD 5.0. Device manager and Desktop both recognize the phone just fine, but when I click "synchronize", the progress screen pops up for just a second, then goes away. No synchronization occurs.
    I then uninstalled and re-installed 5.0. Same result. I figured it must have been 5.0 and tried to re-install 4.7. Nada. 4.7 then wanted to upgrade itself back to 5.0, so I figured, what the heck. Yep, still nada. My phone is an 8130. I tried posting this in the 81xx forum with no luck. Just broadening my horizons.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for your help.
    -Mike
    07-24-09 04:55 PM
    07-24-09 06:15 PM
    uninstall n reinstall software in PC or laptop..
    07-24-09 10:51 PM
    Hmmm. I thought I mentioned that in the post. Yes I uninstalled and re-installed several times. Even re-installing 4.7, testing, uninstalling and re-installing 5.0. Besides, the first install that didn't work wasn't a re-install, it was a fresh install on a brand new computer.

Any other ideas???
    07-25-09 08:25 AM
    Hmmm. I thought I mentioned that in the post. Yes I uninstalled and re-installed several times. Even re-installing 4.7, testing, uninstalling and re-installing 5.0. Besides, the first install that didn't work wasn't a re-install, it was a fresh install on a brand new computer.

Any other ideas???
    You did, but what I meant was going the steps outlined in the link (which entails going into Windows Registry and Windows files).

Is the new computer being attached via USB or BT?
    07-25-09 10:35 AM
    Yes I did the whole uninstall detailed above with no luck.
    I'm using BT and USB. Neither work.
    Is there something that needs to be done to the phone to get it to sync with a new computer?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-25-09 01:30 PM
    The only thing I can think of is that you may not have set up synchronization correctly. I mean, assuming you have the correct programs on there (like Outlook, etc.), you did go in and set up DM to "sync with Outlook", as well as defaults as to what wins (computer or device). I hope that's a correct assumption?
    07-25-09 04:29 PM
    unfortionately (for me) I have all of that set up properly as well. Thanks for your suggestions so far... Anyone else??
    07-25-09 06:40 PM
    I had already had a previous berry and dm, yet ran into this exact issue when i went to install the dm 5.0 cd on my laptop. after hours on the phone with my carrier, they transferred me to rim's tech support dept, which is 24hrs, btw. The number is 1-877-255-2377. My issue was resolved in ten minutes, and had to do with some sort of log file being reset. hope this helps.
    07-25-09 06:45 PM
    awesome, I'll try that, thanks!
    07-25-09 09:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD