Hi all

I have a bit of a problem with my BB Curve 9300, which started this morning.

The problem started while it was plugged in to my MP3 speaker thingy, although the speaker was turned off at the time. One of the email accounts I use on my BB started acting really weird; creating 'drafts', all on its own

Not only that, but it wouldn't let me click out of it, and I even had to fight with the darned thing for ages before it would let me switch it off, which is most unusual.

When it was turned back on, same thing happened with the email account creating 'blank drafts' - no address, no message. Not only that, but it wouldn't let me delete any of the messages, either singly or in bulk.

I have tried disabling that email account from the settings, but I'm not being allowed to, the roller/cursor control isn't responding at all and is stuck on the first icon.

I'm hoping there is somebody here who can shed some light on what's going on: I've logged on to the 'warping' email account on my laptop, and there isn't anything odd going on there.

I hope somebody here can help, but please note, I'm not technically minded, so any advice/help would be preferable in purely ***** terms *honest*
    10-23-11 06:42 AM
    try battery restarting your phone (pull the back cover, pull the cover and pull battery. Wait 30 secs and put back in)
    10-23-11 06:52 AM
    try battery restarting your phone (pull the back cover, pull the cover and pull battery. Wait 30 secs and put back in)
    Thanks, but I already tried that to no avail.

The draft message thing has now stopped, but I can't access anything at all on the device.

I can call a number using contact name (in this case, when I key in 'home', it dials my home phone number), but when keying in the number direct, I get as far as the prefix (in this case, '0151'), before I receive the following error message:

Supplementary service error: General error
    10-23-11 07:14 AM
    Sounds like the device might have water damage based on the fact that you've done a battery pull and the actions seem very unpredictable. Is that a possibility?

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    10-23-11 08:17 AM
    but when keying in the number direct, I get as far as the prefix (in this case, '0151'),
    0151.....you a fellow scouser
    10-23-11 09:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD