I am getting beyond *******. I have had no problems transferring movies/music/and pictures and now all of the sudden I keep getting this message. I have searched the forum and everything...plus, I have my mass storage mode on, the card was formatted properly, and I have the mass media set to prompt. Please help me out, Im ready to crush my phone.
    04-17-09 09:56 PM
    First thing I would try would be to reseat the card. That is pull it out then put it back in. Then try again. If that don't work let me know we'll try some other stuff.
    04-17-09 10:19 PM
    I tried that already as well. Thanks for the prompt reply.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-09 10:26 PM
    Also, I just bought the card last week, so it is pretty new.

04-17-09 10:31 PM
    Can your computer read the card either directly (if you have a card reader) or when you connect the BB?

Have you tried reformatting the card? Can the BB read anything that's already on it?

It's possible too that the card went bad, it DOES happen sometimes. You might just need to get it replaced.

EDIT: Just saw that you just bought it. Might need to return it to the store and get it replaced
    04-17-09 10:33 PM
    I will try with a card reader tomorrow and repost. Thanks for your help!

04-17-09 10:35 PM
    Also, run CheckDisk on the card. I have found that sometimes, if the BB was disconnected without using the "safe removal" process, it will flag the card as bad and won't allow access to it until CheckDisk is run.
    04-18-09 08:40 AM
    I used the card reader method and it worked fine, so Im guessing the card is fine.

I tried running check disk, but it didnt work because it said the card was not inserted even though it showed up in the Computer's drives.

It does read everything on the card just fine and I added new videos with the card reader method and they played fine.

Im very confused...could it be a driver problem or something?
    04-18-09 07:09 PM
    Sounds like a problem with the card slot, you might want to call your provider, maybe you can get a warrenty replacement. Be prepared for them to tell you to wipe the device so make sure you make backups first.
    04-18-09 07:49 PM
    ok Thanks again!
    04-18-09 10:38 PM
    Ok tried to get my MAC to see my media card without success - found and easy workaround - an obvious one

So I bought a $11 USB microcard reader
    Removed mircro card from Storm phone put in reader and inserted into MAC
    Created a folder of Music, Movies, Pictures on my MAC to match size of card
    Copy folder to card in microcard reader
    Put back in Storm
    Now have 10 movies, 2,000 songs and 100 pictures in my storm (16GB Card) - the Storm automatically put the files in the correct folder on Storm

Easy process although two steps

Hope this helps
    11-06-09 03:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD