I normally have my profile set on the 'Loud' profile when I'm at home. This profile is set to 'make noise' but lately this setting only makes an audible alert when I am receiving a phone call. If a bbim, sms etc gets delivered only the light blinks. First I tried the reset (Alt, shift, delete) and the profile works for a few minutes and then stops again.

Any suggestions on any long term fixes?

Thanks in advance...
    05-27-09 06:16 PM
    I normally have my profile set on the 'Loud' profile when I'm at home. This profile is set to 'make noise' but lately this setting only makes an audible alert when I am receiving a phone call. If a bbim, sms etc gets delivered only the light blinks. First I tried the reset (Alt, shift, delete) and the profile works for a few minutes and then stops again.

Any suggestions on any long term fixes?

Thanks in advance...

When the bb isn't making an audible for a message, is the profile still set to 'Loud'? Is something changing the profile automatically, to say - 'Phone Only?'

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-09 09:44 PM
    NO the profile is still set to 'Loud' but no audible alerts unless I am receiving a call

When the bb isn't making an audible for a message, is the profile still set to 'Loud'? Is something changing the profile automatically, to say - 'Phone Only?'

05-28-09 12:15 AM
    NO the profile is still set to 'Loud' but no audible alerts unless I am receiving a call

were any of your alerts set to something on the memory card?

if so are you sure they are still there and the bb is seeing the memory card?
    05-28-09 04:05 AM
    No the alerts are the default alerts that came with the device. Good question though. I ran a little test and only alerts/ringtones saved to the memory card work fine without having to reboot.

were any of your alerts set to something on the memory card?

if so are you sure they are still there and the bb is seeing the memory card?
    05-28-09 07:10 AM
    Which OS are you running?

05-28-09 09:16 AM
    Hve you tried going to Profiles >Advanced >Hit Menu >Edit. You can change alerts for everything there...
    05-28-09 09:19 AM
    4.6.0.77 Platform 3.2.0.51

Which OS are you running?

05-28-09 09:32 AM
    Hve you tried going to Profiles >Advanced >Hit Menu >Edit. You can change alerts for everything there...
    I've been curious as to how to set a tone for BB Messenger! Thank you so much!
    05-28-09 02:13 PM
    I've been curious as to how to set a tone for BB Messenger! Thank you so much!
    You're quite welcome...
    05-28-09 02:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD