What did I miss?

Supposedly BlackBerry will present some road maps and hints for the new product line that will be released in 2015 but I was surprised when I found out that they are not listed here 2015 Exhibitors | Mobile World Congress as exhibitors.

I thought that would have at least mounted a booth/island to show the existing phones.... Passport, Classic. I got the fact that WMC is a consumer oriented show but even Blackphone has one booth.

BlackBerry will be there with the speakers (Marty Beard is presenting) but I simply hoped in a bigger presence..
    02-24-15 01:56 PM
    Apple does not have a booth either BUT the ALBERTA GOVERNMENT has a booth . Maybe BlackBerry can loan them some phones to carry and demonstrate while incurring huge roaming costs charged back to Alberta.
    02-24-15 02:17 PM
    This comes down to weighing the costs and benefits.. BlackBerry plans to make announcements, but as far as we know, won't have anything to show us (in a final, press ready form), or let people try out, so why have a booth? Sure it would be great to display the Passport and Classic, but I imagine the booths aren't cheap, and those devices have gotten most of the media attention they are going to receive so there would be little to gain by having that presence.

BB for Life
    LuvULongTime and slegros like this.
    02-24-15 05:35 PM
    They're going to have a little platform stage outside MWC. John Chen is going to get on there and have his press conference.

They save money by not having a booth. What could be better?

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 08:35 PM
    They're going to have a little platform stage outside MWC. John Chen is going to get on there and have his press conference.

They save money by not having a booth. What could be better?

Posted via CB10
    What out amongst the hot dog vendors and 50/50 booths out front?
    What's the point of even going if your not there to push your product on the big show? Come on BBRY, you used to be the top dog at these events, now your the pauper peeking in a hole in the fence.

Posted via CB10
    Fronzcamino likes this.
    02-24-15 09:19 PM
    Apple does not have a booth either ....
    Apple doesn't need a booth and doesn't really participate at these events. They have their own events twice a year that millions tune in to watch. They don't go to the party, they are the party.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-24-15 10:05 PM
    What out amongst the hot dog vendors and 50/50 booths out front?
    What's the point of even going if your not there to push your product on the big show? Come on BBRY, you used to be the top dog at these events, now your the pauper peeking in a hole in the fence.

Posted via CB10
    I tend to agree. Booths for sure are expensive but with 120-150K they can create not only a booth but a nice island. That is not an amount that can make or break big companies especially with 3+ BILLION in the bank!!!

Not showing up at the MOST IMPORTANT consumer event for phones is like to reiterate the wrong idea that BlackBerry is dead...
    With AT&T and Verizon BlackBerry is just trying to come back in the consumer market at least in US.. They should provide a consistent message that scream out there: we are alive, better than before and we are coming after the big guys!!!

I really hope Chen will take out the proverbial rabbit from the cylinder. They need some hype to continue the moment begun with the Passport..

Posted via CB10
    Fronzcamino likes this.
    02-24-15 10:31 PM
    Apple doesn't need a booth and doesn't really participate at these events. They have their own events twice a year that millions tune in to watch. They don't go to the party, they are the party.

Yep.

Was gonna say this if no one else had.

Even the trade shows they have participated in had names like "Macworld." But they stopped going to those things about 2010. There's just no need. They can control everything by renting out Moscone and giving a keynote.

02-25-15 12:18 AM