So I saw that there's been an update to the news feed app, I used the app for about a day then got rid of it. I got rid of the app because it drained my battery within hours, the feeds were constantly updating which I didn't mind cuz I enjoyed reading news articles. I never figured out how to add other rss feeds mainly because it was the first rss feed app I've ever used. I was wondering how many people on here actually use this app and what your thoughts on the app and how it can be made better.
    Ps if there's already a thread about this sorry I'm posting this from my bb so the search results don't pop up once the title is input

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-11 05:09 AM
    I've been using the app for a few days not and I like it. I havn;t noticed any batterk issues from it. If it's draining your batter too much you can change how often it updates. I have mine set for every 2 hours.

As far as adding new RSS feeds, either use the search function or if you know the URL of the feed you want you can enter that into the search box.

Also, in the Beta Zone there is a forum for this app. You might want to voice your opinions in there too as this will help the developers make the app better.
    02-17-11 07:49 AM
    The latest version has a few nice improvements...
    02-17-11 05:22 PM
    The latest version has several improvements, the best of which is that they made it faster. With the old version there was a lag of sometimes 5-6 seconds between screens - a real pain. Now the changes between screens are almost instantaneous.

To help deal with batter drain you can change the rate of refresh in the options menu. In News Feeds, click the BB button, choose Options and change the update interval.

To add a new feed click the Add Feed line from the main window. Enter a URL (i.e. newsobserver.com) and the app will find available feeds at that URL for you. Then you just have to click the ones you want.

This is one of the better apps I have. I have almost completely stopped using Google Reader since this app.
    02-18-11 08:15 AM
    I still think that XPRSS blows this app away. Big time. Search for it in App World.

02-18-11 09:02 AM
    BerryReader is a good RSS Reader app too. It syncs with your Google Reader account online and you can add new feeds on your BB or on your computer. Pretty convenient I think.

I've been using BlackBerry News Feeds again since the latest update because RIM has improved upon a lot of the areas users were concerned with most...like battery drain and lag for example. Also, it's to be noted that the BB News Feeds app is currently in beta and it's up to you, the user, to submit feedback if you experience problems. There are bugs, the app isn't perfect but it's definitely getting better and it's definitely a legit and easy to use RSS reader application. It does everything you'd expect that type of app would do.

In all honesty though, what it really comes down to, just like anything else in life, is it's all about what works for you and your needs/wants. Just because we say this app is great or that ones better...blah, blah, blah...that doesn't mean you'll always think so. Of course it's nice to hear others opinions about use and functionality and that's why that feature exists, but at the end of the day, what it really comes down to, is what works for you!

02-18-11 08:37 PM
    I still think that XPRSS blows this app away. Big time. Search for it in App World.

+1!! I love xprss
    02-18-11 09:43 PM
    I used BerryReady primarily because it sync GoogleReader.
    I access my news feeds on both my Storm2 and my laptop.

I could not live with just my device access.

BerryReady is excellent

Good Luck
    02-18-11 10:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD