BlackBerry has been suffering extreme losses in the college age bracket, in order to gain some of this territory back they have recruited students from around the country to push the word out about the relevance and the new devices!!!

Please click these links and send them out to people you may know so that BlackBerry can keep its presence!

BlackBerry - BBM Generation

BlackBerry's Channel - YouTube
    09-24-11 01:40 PM
    Remember guys, following these people means you are following a herd. If you buy these devices because these people now set the "trend" you are all sheep.

In all seriousness, it's nice to see RIM pull some type of marketing campaign.
    K Bear likes this.
    09-24-11 01:51 PM
    There was a song on youtube about BBM and It made me excited about bbm again! They do need to do some serious campainging. The new devices are good.

Also, offer discounts on new BlackBerry devices off of retail to Android owners. Then maybe we will come back sooner! Hint hint.
    09-24-11 02:28 PM
    The other platforms are starting to suffer losses and it will eventually even out with 3 clear winners. I don't believe window 7 will be one of them and blackberry will!
    There is a clear need for the blackberry style device in this market so no worries here.
    09-24-11 02:40 PM
    why don't you think windows phone 7 will have a chance?
    09-24-11 03:20 PM
    As WP7 is trying to be the iPhone and the Android in the same device. They will never take off as there is just no reason to go for a WP7 phone over an Android one.

At least RIM offers better email, a fantastic keyboard, and a messaging service. Plus they already have I think 70 million users worldwide. How many does WP7 have? It will be slow growth and won't see taking the 3rd position anytime soon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-11 03:44 PM
    The other platforms are starting to suffer losses and it will eventually even out with 3 clear winners. I don't believe window 7 will be one of them and blackberry will!
    There is a clear need for the blackberry style device in this market so no worries here.
    Windows 7 on phones and windows 8 on tablets will doom RIM. They will decline everywhere except the 3rd world countries.
    09-24-11 04:37 PM
    WP7 has no traction and way too little presence. WP6.5 and older had a base so small that it wasn't missed when it was taken off shelves. I hear no cries for WP7 devices. iPhones and Androids are desirable. BlackBerry is holding on for dear life but performing fairly well among existing BlackBerry users.

Potential is there for WP7 and W8, just like it was there for WebOS, but to say that they will beat out BlackBerry as the clear cut number 3 right now is too premature.
    09-24-11 05:33 PM
    it's premature, but for those saying it's trying to be iOS or android are wrong. it's not just a possibility, there is no SOLID enterprise solution right now outside of RIM's old brand. wp7 is presenting this, and i know blackberry is great at messaging and email, but just to be honest, wp7 is doing it much, much better. i'm considering switching to it just because of this, though i want a little more development first. as far as traction goes, it's all about apps, apps, apps. the development for wp7 is there. it's BARELY launched and already has a larger app catalog than BB, and i don't mean QNX i mean the BB platform that has existed for a decade nearly, we won't mention QNX apps or development because you can't, they haven't released the SDK to allow anyone to develop for it yet. android took over in 12 months, there's no reason wp7 can't or won't do the same, honestly it's a better platform than android, which is weird to say because i think android is pretty good.
    09-24-11 07:08 PM
    09-24-11 08:09 PM
    Granted there are more apps on WP7 then on BB - curiously though that hasn't translated into more sales or increase in market share. I remember there was a lot of attention being paid towards Android at its inception but I don't sense that type of hype or anticipation. Maybe there's more positive sentiments shared among developers as the number of apps indicates but it's lukewarm at best on the consumer level, even lagging behind the old BB.

There would be a reason why WP7 won't take off in the next 12 months - iOS 5 and Android have already cornered a large chunk of the market and have a strong following tied down to 2 year contracts. BlackBerrys will still chug along with decent brand recognition, large user base, physical QWERTY keyboard and BBM faithfuls and might even see slight growth when QNX launches.

I hear there's a lot of exciting things that MS is doing with its Windows platform but I really find it hard to believe it will be adopted as rapidly as Android or iPhone was.

Back to the intentions of this thread:

BlackBerry is being unfairly assaulted primarily by financial analyst. The stock was beaten down a month ago then rallied a bit due to the launch of OS7 devices, just to get tackled again day after the most recent quarter release. Its unfair because what did they expect - year old products to carry sales against Verizon iPhone and 4G Androids during the summer months? So you have wall street types shorting RIM, then you have a large part of existing users jumping ship. iPhone's availability on Verizon really hurt RIM. There we see BB users who refused to go to AT&T and didn't want a Droid finally have a opportunity to get the most expensive device on the most expensive network. Only thing keeping BlackBerry afloat right now is the international market as well as those here in the U.S who are able to resist the temptations of getting toys that can also make calls and understand that for pure communications needs, the BlackBerry is still the best given its combination of hardware (talking about the 9900/30) and software. RIM needs campaigns like the one OP posted to stir up consumer excitement. There are people who are loyal to BlackBerry like many of you reading these threads, but I feel that there are more people willing to give up this brand for the DRRRROID or the iPhone.

Call them uninformed, sheep, names. They, we, are the consumers and the majority of them have voted with their wallets. WP7 will get looked at. W8 will get looked at. When those two product lines are ready for primetime, maybe there will be fatigue of Android and iPhone leading to a migration onto MS but I don't see that happening unless other services can perform a strong pull-through. Those two platforms are getting stronger every day.

What can RIM do? I don't know. I obviously see value in the devices they put out but I can't buy 5 million units let alone in 3 months. I just hope others will realize that RIM, though it seems like its unsalvageable, has just launched the best BlackBerry (Bold series) to date, is about to release a new OS for its' tablet (that is being heavily discounted to incentivize sell through and seems to be working), and that somehow, even through a disappointing quarter, managed to top 70 million subscribers world wide is not in that bad of a position and certainly not one to be supplanted by WP7 within 12 months.
    09-24-11 08:15 PM
    There was a song on youtube about BBM and It made me excited about bbm again! They do need to do some serious campainging. The new devices are good.

Also, offer discounts on new BlackBerry devices off of retail to Android owners. Then maybe we will come back sooner! Hint hint.
    wowww!! I havent read every single one of your posts but I was under the impression that you were a die hard Android fan and Blackberry bashing person. Good to see I was wrong
    09-24-11 09:06 PM
    Love how the haters have now latched on to WP7 and posting crap about it continuously on Crackberry now. Just go to whatever forum above is for your device and enjoy it. Of course I see so many different phones running through the haters current device list I have to wonder how great a platform is when you have to buy 4 to 5 different versions of phone per year, root em, overclock em, cynogen mode them and then lather, rinse, repeat when the newer version comes out two months later. Then come to Crackberry and say how awesome it is and Blackberry sucks.
    gordongr and Ateela like this.
    09-24-11 09:13 PM
    wowww!! I havent read every single one of your posts but I was under the impression that you were a die hard Android fan and Blackberry bashing person. Good to see I was wrong
    Saying negative things about rim doesn't mean you hate blackberry. Its pretty sad that responses often end up being GO TO ANOTHER FORUM .. I own multiple blackberry devices and stay on topic rather than result to personal attacks like some people do, not directed at you
    09-24-11 09:57 PM
    Are those supposed to be celebrities or something?

EDIT: Pause at :20... I hate that you can see the actual clicking mechanism behind the BlackBerry button, it looks so tacky. Absolutely freakin' hate that.
    Last edited by dalton4L; 09-25-11 at 12:43 AM.
    09-25-11 12:41 AM
    Love how the haters have now latched on to WP7 and posting crap about it continuously on Crackberry now. Just go to whatever forum above is for your device and enjoy it. Of course I see so many different phones running through the haters current device list I have to wonder how great a platform is when you have to buy 4 to 5 different versions of phone per year, root em, overclock em, cynogen mode them and then lather, rinse, repeat when the newer version comes out two months later. Then come to Crackberry and say how awesome it is and Blackberry sucks.
    That activity is no different than loading hybrids. I like test driving ROMs: I learn a lot from them, and those who develop them.. and we're not all haters ..

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    09-25-11 12:46 AM
    You ever stop to think maybe these people don't suffer from brand ignorance loyalty and just enjoy all sorts of technology ? I see no reason to take these conversations down to a personal level, a tech enthusiast tries everything, a loyalist dismisses that what they have as the best to justify a lack of knowledge about that which they speak. The fact of the matter is these things change daily.
    Last edited by katiepea; 09-25-11 at 01:02 AM.
    09-25-11 12:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD