Hi there.

I tried to set up a blackberry account, so i googled "blackberry email set up" and I chose a page wwhich asked me for details of my phone.

I followed the instructions and was told I had set up an email account successfully!

But I dont know who I did this with and I should have done it with vodafone New Zealand as that's where I live.

They says they can't do it now cos the handset has already been registered...somewhere else in the world.

Dumb. Stupid..yes yes.

Point is - does anyone know how I can wipe the slate clean?..is there a central database, or is my blackberry email account forever to be pointlessly registered with some telco company, somewhere.
    11-21-08 03:37 AM
    Can't help you there bro!! Maybe someone here knows what you can do. That's a first for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-08 03:40 AM
    i feel sorry for you man
    11-21-08 04:07 AM
    Yup pretty stupid of me.

Thought I was registering with Blackberry themselves.
    11-21-08 04:17 AM
    You say you don't know who you registered with, so try to use your browser's history to get back to the site. Then look in the address URL and delete any of the address after the domain extension (.com or .au .info or whatever) and you should get to the website's homepage.

Then look for a link to "contact us" etc, and see if they can somehow unregister the phone. It's probably not in their interest to keep it registered with them if you're not paying them any rental, so they probably (hopefully) will.
    11-21-08 04:22 AM
    Oh youre gonna love me.

I cleared my history/caches cos I loaned my computer to my flatmate as it had all my facebook and gmail pages all available.

First time Ive done that in months...such sweet timing.

Ive asked Blackberry themselves..fingers crossed there is a central database.

I mean if one telco can't do it because it's already registered, then surely that registration is traceable.

Who can hear the whiny desperation in my voice?
    11-21-08 04:44 AM
    I wish I could help but can't. Does anyone think a call email) to RIM would help from their end? Is there a magical way could clear things?
    11-21-08 06:42 AM
    If you google exactly what you did before there's a fair chance that you may be able to follow your previous steps, long shot perhaps but worth a try. Maybe youve tried this already.

Have you tried logging into Vodaone NZ's site? What error message do you get when you do?

11-21-08 06:56 AM
    If you google exactly what you did before there's a fair chance that you may be able to follow your previous steps, long shot perhaps but worth a try. Maybe youve tried this already.
    That's good advice. It's what I often find myself doing to get back to a page I didn't bookmark. You'll need to have the exact same search phrase though, as one word difference will likely filter out your target, but you may be lucky if it's a popular search.

Good luck davyroo
    11-21-08 07:10 AM
    I got my BlackBerry used and the PIN had already been registered to BlackBerry from the former user so it would not allow me to set up email. I went to the store and they gave me a number to call and in 20 minutes they had my phones history cleared and I was able to register my email. Maybe they can do that to yours?
    Go to the store and ask.
    11-21-08 07:38 AM
    Check out this site. https://bis.ap.blackberry.com/html?brand=vodanz
    you may have to get in touch with vodaphone to see if they have a username in the BIS server.
    11-21-08 08:37 AM
    Can you check your history to see who you registered with??
    11-21-08 01:54 PM
    Can you check your history to see who you registered with??
    Oh youre gonna love me.

I cleared my history/caches cos I loaned my computer to my flatmate as it had all my facebook and gmail pages all available.

First time Ive done that in months...such sweet timing.

Ive asked Blackberry themselves..fingers crossed there is a central database.

I mean if one telco can't do it because it's already registered, then surely that registration is traceable.

Who can hear the whiny desperation in my voice?
    Nope. He can't.
    11-21-08 02:12 PM

Have you tried logging into Vodaone NZ's site? What error message do you get when you do?
    Couldn't agree with you more.
    11-21-08 03:27 PM
    Give up.

Have you tried looking at Kyoceras instead of BlackBerrys?

11-21-08 03:32 PM
    Email details should be in Service Books
    11-21-08 03:42 PM
    I posted the BIS site for vodaphone nz for him to get the situation fixed.

11-21-08 10:08 PM
    Thank you all. There are two or three clear things for me to be getting on with.
    11-24-08 08:15 PM
    Oh man...I feel for you. Definitely try retracing your steps.
    11-24-08 08:42 PM

Hey davyroo, Sure hope things work out for you-keep us posted eh?!

11-24-08 09:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD