okay so im not so much a newbie but I have not had a blackberry for years. my questions is, is there a way to access my <user_name>@vzw.blackberry.net on a computer away from my phone itself? kind of like i do with my yahoo or aim.. I have searched a bit but did not find anything. i hope someone can help out and give me some kind of response.
    07-08-08 06:38 PM
    Nope, sorry... You can only view it on your blackberry...

Unless you were to forward it to another email address.
    07-08-08 06:40 PM
    ok. thank you
    07-08-08 06:45 PM
    Just FYI...

You can setup a filter in BIS I believe and auto-forward everything somewhere else.. You don't have to do them all manually.
    07-08-08 06:48 PM
    There is no access to your *.blackberry.net email aside from your Blackberry. If you need webmail or POP access then you really should integrate an email account with these features. It's really best to not use the *.blackberry.net email for anything other than forwarding anyway...

There is also no SPAM filtering available to a blackberry.net account. Frankly, this is the one really weak thing about BlackBerry. Why do they even bother giving you this account. The only good thing about it is that email is delivered nearly as soon as it arrives on BlackBerry's server. I suppose if you only got a few emails a day (but then why have a BlackBerry???!). You're better off getting a Gmail or Yahoo account and integrating it with your BlackBerry (I highly recommend Gmail which seems faster than Yahoo.
    07-08-08 06:52 PM
    I use gmail, so what I do is on my BB I have it set that my reply to address is my [email protected]. Then from Gmail, I have forwarding turned on and I tell it to forward all new mail to my [email protected]. While you will be able to access it online and it will show as new, even though you read it on your phone, it's instantaneous. So you can submit a form somewhere or email yourself at gmail.com and in a second your BB is flashing that you have a message. Works very well for me since I pretty much never access the mail on my PC, but nice to know that I can if someone sent an attachment or so on.
    07-08-08 09:11 PM
    I remember when they used to allow you to check your address through the BIS login. I would always forget about it and get a message that I had to clear out my inbox because it was full, and it was always when I was no where near a computer.

I was glad they dumped that!!!!
    07-08-08 09:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD