Hi All,
    I accidentally erased my blackberry.net email address. It doesn't let me re-create as it says "this email address is already taken" (even though i know it hasn't been). How long before i can log back in so it lets me start to use this email address again? is it like on some grace period where you gotta wait a month or something. any help is appreciated. I've had this email address for about 6 months.
    08-12-10 10:33 AM
    I might not know the answer but more info might help others answer.

How did you "erase" it? Just removed it from your BB or you email account listing?

You may just need the setup, email wizard to log in or re-enter your password.

You carrier might be able to help.
    08-12-10 12:29 PM
    More importantly, I hope you are not using this e-mail address. The only means to check e-mail is on the handheld (cannot be logged into from a pc) and there is absolutely no spam filtering. I highly recommend not using this address for anything. Set up a free address (gmail, hotmail, yahoo, etc) and then set up on the BIS web site.
    08-12-10 12:51 PM
    I might not know the answer but more info might help others answer.

How did you "erase" it? Just removed it from your BB or you email account listing?

You may just need the setup, email wizard to log in or re-enter your password.

You carrier might be able to help.
    Ya, i removed it from my BB. I thought i didn't need it anymore and then realized i did. by then it was already deleted. i tried to recreate the address on the BB site and on my storm. neither worked. I'll keep trying and will post back how long it took to get it back. Thanks.
    08-12-10 01:06 PM
    i "lost" an email addy by returning my storms and then repurchasing them months later. RIM reinstated my desired email addy when I called them. if all else fails, pick up the phone and call your carrier and asked to be transferred to RIM (explain your issue, of course)
    08-12-10 01:13 PM
    More importantly, I hope you are not using this e-mail address. The only means to check e-mail is on the handheld (cannot be logged into from a pc) and there is absolutely no spam filtering. I highly recommend not using this address for anything. Set up a free address (gmail, hotmail, yahoo, etc) and then set up on the BIS web site.
    Very good advice! May even help to "Hide" the app icon.
    08-12-10 01:18 PM
    Thanks to all who commented. It's greatly appreciated. I couldn't wait any longer to see if it was gonna let me access it, so i called vzw last night and like Dave1812 said they transferred me to RIM. They set it back up for me in about 15 minutes. Thanks again.
    08-13-10 05:26 PM
    Good to know. I use mine, but only when writing to trusted contacts. I actually like that I have one email addy that can only be accessed from my password protected handset. Haven't seen any spam yet, but I will be careful when giving it out. Thanks!
    08-13-10 05:38 PM
    Thanks to all who commented. It's greatly appreciated. I couldn't wait any longer to see if it was gonna let me access it, so i called vzw last night and like Dave1812 said they transferred me to RIM. They set it back up for me in about 15 minutes. Thanks again.
    cool. glad u got fixed up.
    08-13-10 05:45 PM
    I thought it would be better to have email just on my phone. But I guess its true that if something changes phone lost/stolen that email goes right along with it.
    08-17-10 04:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD