Ok I had to mention this to see if anyone has run into the same issue.

First of all, I live in Waterloo and my experience with BB10 and my two most recent jobs has been a let down.

During my old job the company rolled out BB10 devices to about ~30 employees and right from the get go everyone starts complaining. They received no training and new nothing about the new OS. Everyone was having problems because they are use to using legacy devices, they couldn't get their work done and it was frustrating everyone. I found myself going around and teaching people all the little tricks and features of BB10.

Myself, I was frustrated because I couldn't believe that nobody was given any training on the new BB10 devices. Its like giving someone a new copy of Microsoft Outlook 2013 that they've never used before and expecting them to know how to use it in only about a day.

People need to get their work done and they don't have time to learn a new phone. A bunch of people asked for their BB7 back.

Anyway, new job and I ran into the same problem. I think it's ridiculous that I'm training employees how to use their devices because I can see them struggling and cursing.

Zed30
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    10-07-14 09:23 PM
    Wow you're a hero. But i think you're right. Should contact their relationship management between your company and BlackBerry

#BBFactCheck
    10-07-14 09:27 PM
    I am pretty sure Chen is looking into this, at least he should.
    10-07-14 09:34 PM
    What's even worse is that I work for one of the Big Three telecommunications companies in Canada. It's one of BlackBerrys biggest customers with over 30,000 employees I think.

Zed30
    10-07-14 09:52 PM
    Actually it is up to the companies IT department to train users on new technology. Blackberry provides the manuals on usage. As the head of IT for our company, I expect to have my staff train employes on the new technology that we put in place. Blackberry trained me a local seminars and now it is my responsibility to train users.
    10-07-14 09:56 PM
    Yeah I figured it was up to the IT department, but I wonder if BlackBerry even offers to give hands on demonstrations.

Zed30
    10-07-14 10:06 PM
    Yeah I figured it was up to the IT department, but I wonder if BlackBerry even offers to give hands on demonstrations.

Zed30
    Like I said, Blackberry has provided me hands on demonstrations and training for free locally. Now it is my turn to use that for my users.
    10-07-14 10:10 PM
    Didn't BlackBerry update and enhance their tutorials?

Problem with IT is that usually they handle the phone first and do the initial swipe up and swipe down tutorials before giving the device to the end user. Then the end users has no clue about how to use the phone.

Seems to me BlackBerry tried to remedy that by enhancing the tutorials available via the tutorials icon. But IT really should tell the user to go through them.
    10-08-14 12:49 AM
    Sometimes I wonder why those few swipes seem to be so hard to manage. They probably are, if you're looking for a home button (iOS/Android) or an app switcher button (Android).

All open apps are right in front of you, settings: swipe from the top, and messages to the left (= swipe up and to the right).

The intro and accompanying booklet are well written, imho.

? BlackBerry? I premdict the future's gonna be chenomenal! ?
    10-08-14 12:50 AM
    This is actually a spectacular idea, and I know our help desk staff would be extremely grateful when they provision phones.

It's one thing to provide online tutorials, but it's important to provide material that's relevant to an Enterprise Balance user.
    10-08-14 12:57 AM
    Sometimes I wonder why those few swipes seem to be so hard to manage. They probably are, if you're looking for a home button (iOS/Android) or an app switcher button (Android).

All open apps are right in front of you, settings: swipe from the top, and messages to the left (= swipe up and to the right).

I agree. My then 10 year old son was able to figure the Playbook and my Z10 out.

Posted via Q10 with 1154
    10-08-14 05:19 AM

It's not so much the swipes that has them confused, most can figure that out, it's more of all the tricks and features that are hidden in the settings.

Tap to add to dictionary,,, hold down to select all text,,, turning off the screen lock when put in holster,,,the unified share function,,,,using NFC and Bluetooth.,,,adjusting the screen timeout,,,using the priority hub,,,device monitor

These are some of the features that employees knew nothing about or didn't know how to adjust. A lot of people just aren't that tech savvy or are used to iOS and Android.

Zed30
    10-08-14 06:09 AM